Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Who Wants My Elvis Collection?

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:14 pm

You'll be needing that collection for quite some years to come. There is no guess work, there is no question.
There is but one keeper of "The List" and nobody else fit to be entrusted with it. As such, your services
are further required and so you shall remain in your current position or face staggering fines and courtroom letigation.
You have made a commitment and so at this time, we simply cannot entertain the idea of letting you out of
your duties to the board.
Enjoy your happy pills and face the procedure with a positive attitude. We in turn are positive that your experience
will be the same and will be painstakingly awaiting your first "post-op post".
Should you decide not to update us in a timely fashion, we will begin a petition to be signed by ALL members of this board
to be sent to your dealer ensuring that from this point forward...you will only receive CDRs with printed covers.

Nikki

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:21 pm

:shock: :lol:

Rob, I re-read your post and want to make sure sure I say "best of luck and get well soon"!. We need you
here...to egg on us to buy pricey deluxe versions of albums we own already (Memphis '74)

As for the collection idea, there does come a time when the more selfish aspect of "collecting" (to me anyway) might drive me to say "I have too much stuff." If I can't get my kids into it (they already like Elvis) but will they want so many outtakes and live concerts? I frankly hope they are better centered than that but if one of 'em gets into it, I'll hang on to 'em. I'd prefer to keep the cream of the crop (the key and best imports, all the FTDs, the original records I treasure, but the less-loved odd ball CDs might have to go ...before I do.

In time maybe I will "thin the heard.". I'm already doing that with my way-too-large Blues collection. The need to "possess" everything (even after you've enjoyed it and may never play it again) is the downside of this collecting hobby.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Rob, thoughts and prayers your way

JosephC

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:59 pm

rob, you don't know me, but i wish you the best with the surgery and the rest of your life. I will never ever give away or sell anything from my collection. :D But i'm intrested in yours.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:02 pm

At this moment my beloved niece is still kept in artificial coma after two surgeries and we're all waiting for good news. My father is sick, I've been sick for 4 months.. things like that remind me constantly that we are all lucky to be alive and functioning: every day, every hour is a gift.

I pray that you will not only make it, Rob, but that they make you better than you were before. :) Seriously, all the best of strength and courage to you and your family, get well soon, and don't worry about your Elvis collection, it'll be all right. After surgery, try to pick up your old habits like logging in here asap (without over-doing it), as this is a good way to "get back going" as I've found out myself. And remain positive and humoristic, it's in your nature, I'm sure.

As for my Elvis collection, and my other expensive collections, I honestly wouldn't know. Nobody in my immediate surroundings has an idea of their worth or anything, so... I try to pretend that I have eternal life until I come up with a better idea. :wink: And ignore the previous poster, instead give it all to me. :smt002

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:04 pm

All i wish you is a quick recovery and may your health will be perfect as soon as possible
sincerely
Lior

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm

continue to live and enjoy every day Elvis , good luck and god bless you
sincerely :smt006

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm

James27 wrote: And ignore the previous poster, instead give it all to me. :smt002

who can ignore a bigger Elvisfan than you are?
Last edited by mountaindog on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:42 pm

All the best Rob...

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:We need you here...to egg on us to buy pricey deluxe versions of albums we own already (Memphis '74).

That was funny.

Thank you all again.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

leave mine to Jim Curtin

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Hope all goes well Rob.

I am sure you will be enjoying all those Teddy Bears and pillows and fake scarves for years to come!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:09 pm

What do you mean fake?

I resemble that comment!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Thinking of you here in Manchester. Get well soon.

Best wishes

Geoff

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 pm

I wish you the best Rob.

Your posts on this board are always a delight to read, most often times humorous and I value your thoughts and opinions highly.

As for my Elvis collection, unfortunately, my wife and children just don't really care for it, so, for the time being, I am undecided.

I have requested that someone sneak a copy of "Elvis' Golden Records" into my casket when i pass, though ... :wink:

I wish you well.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Rob,

Your post strikes me.
I'm gonna make you another deal.
You hang in there, enjoy the nurses, avoid complications and get well soon.
And by november I'll sent you one of the new FTD's.

Question is wether you prefer Jailhouse Rock or Chicago.
So PM me if you want to.

Best wishes,

Niels

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Rob, all the best to you, my friend ..we need you here...you are one of the good guys.....

::rocks

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:43 pm

I don't know you much, but for some reason I always enjoyed your posts and you seem like a nice guy, so... Get well soon, Rob! All the best for ya and I hope everything goes OK with the surgery.

I have a small collection of things that means a lot to me and I know how it is... I always had problems with depression and it was not just once that, well, certain "bad thoughts" came across my mind. In those situations I had strict orders of what to do with my items. I still have that letter around here just in case, you never know... All I know is that my beloved Okada Yukiko collection is going to the grave with me, no kidding. My girlfriend does not enjoy it much, so it's not like she wouldn't have pleasure in burying it... :lol:

All the other items would/will go to friends, though. I know there are people (like the bass guy in my band) who would take good care of my Elvis, Beatles and japanese vinyl records, books, etc.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:50 pm

All the best to you Rob, hope you`ll be fine in a short time.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:44 pm

Rob,
I wish you that all goes well in your surgery and that you have a speed recovery
And here´s a deal for you to think about: After you´re fine and dandy again, you could send all us good wishers here at FECC a thank you CD! Its a win win situation to everybody. What you think? :wink:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Good luck man, hope all goes well.

As for my collection, well, I'd just have it passed down to my kids I guess. Quite frankly once I'm gone I couldn't give a damn - I'd just like to have "You'll Never Walk Alone" from the Man himself played at my funeral and I'll be happy.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:10 am

Wishing you all the best with your recovery, Rob.

My elder son has starting taking an interest in the square plastic boxes that line my walls ... I think the collection will be safe in his hands.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:38 am

mountaindog wrote:
James27 wrote: And ignore the previous poster, instead give it all to me. :smt002

who can ignore a bigger Elvisfan than you are?

You should see my Elvis room ! 8)

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 am

Wishing all the very best for you, Rob.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:13 am

Elton wrote:Hope all goes well for ya Rob!
I been thinking alone the same lines about the collection part of your post,the folks who live here with me do not have a clue of its worth, All they know is dad digs Elvis.
Again,take care.

YEP, Rob, good luck - and rejoin the barytone(?) talkers soon!

I've also been thinking like you and Elton: What if I suddenly die or end up unable to deal with my stuff? My collection isn't the biggest - far from it, as I'm sure it represent a very thiny part of Pål Grandlund's or Erik Viervoll's...or perhaps of YOURs, Rob. But I sure have quite a few goodies in there, from 30-odd years of collecting, like some mint-ish rare vinyl bootlegs (and CD boots, too) that I would HATE if it were sold for just a few dollars - or, Norwegian Kroner - to some casual fan/"fan". I plan to leave a note about what the various items really IS.

Again, take care & rapid recovery, Rob, - perhaps with Sherriel's voice?? (at least a MALE one) :D