Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Who Wants My Elvis Collection?

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:11 am

It's definitely something to think about, guys. You've put a lot of work and money into your collections. You've received much enjoyment from it, haven't you? Where do you want it to end up? Does it matter? We think we're going to be around forever, but we may not be here tomorrow. If it matters to you at all, you may want to discuss it with your wives, husbands, or whomever may have to decide someday. Again, it's definitely worth thinking about.

Wouldn't it suck to see your valuable CD collection on an old table in the driveway with someone asking the seller if they'd take less than 50 cents for it?

An FTD in a yardsale gives me the shakes.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:14 am

Don't you have any children to leave them to? My kids are already fighting over who gets my 5000 Elvis CDs when I die!! :wink:

Hope everything goes well and you don't have any complications afterwards.

Hey, did you ever wonder what you did to have throat trouble? :shock: I know you and Doc are good friends but WOW!! Not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

Mitch

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:43 am

Hey Rob:

Good luck with the surgery from me too. It didn't sound like they are operating on any part of you that should make you sound like Kathy Westmoreland if anything goes wrong. It's on your throat, right? Seriously, are you going to have a temporary trach? Write if you feel up to it, please.

I have a daughter who is somewhat interested in some of my stuff. She would want to look through it and cherry pick it, I guess. I have a brother with an extensive collection, though less so than mine. I would want him to have whatever he wants too. Otherwise, my heirs could sell it on Ebay, I suppose.

Steve Lecher

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 am

Rob wrote:This probably should not be in the All Elvis section, so whoever sees fit to move it, have at it.

I'm having surgery next Friday. For several days following the surgery, I will be unable to talk. But, by God, I can still type (if I feel like it). However, in the unlikely event that I don't pull through, I'm going to have to do something with all of these damned CD's, DVD's, books, hound dogs, teddy bears, pictures, posters, etc.

Would anyone be interested in them? You have less than two weeks to convince me why you should be the one to get all of this junk. Now, I don't want anyone pining for me to sign out on the operating table, so don't get your hopes up. However, I'd rather someone get some good use out of this than have my wife try to figure out what to do with it and it ends up somewhere it shouldn't.

It's about time I figured out what I'm gonna do with all of this stuff someday anyway.

Anyone want to be included in my will?

How much do you love me?

Medicine is making me delirious.

May your surgery be completely successful .
I too have thought about what to do with some things I have.
Decided to start giving some away a little at a time as gifts .
To ones I know would love to have them & appreciate them.
Will be thinking good thoughts of you Friday. :D

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:50 am

Rob wrote:However, in the unlikely event that I don't pull through, I'm going to have to do something with all of these damned CD's, DVD's, books, hound dogs, teddy bears, pictures, posters, etc.

No rubber ducks? I'll pass :cry:

I hope everything goes well, Rob... good luck :wink:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:58 am

Rob wrote:What are you all gonna do with yours?

When I have kids, I'll try to make them like Elvis...
If not... as I grow old I'll pass all my CDs, DVDs or whatever format it's gonna be in the future to my computer (WAV lossless file and direct copy of DVDs) and sell the originals, to whoever wants them... :roll:

Or... they can put my brain on a robot and live forever :smt002
Last edited by JimmyCool on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:59 am

Good luck with the surgery Rob,and hope you recover quickly,with regards to the question asked my collection will go family to dispose of as they see fit.And the Peacock shirt is yours Rob

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:04 am

Do you have a Elvis car toy in your collection? :D

Seriously, all the best to you Rob.

I'm convinced everything will work out fine for you. You don't have to worry about your collection (yet). Come back as soon as you are able to, o.k.?

Concerning my (shrinking) collection, well I think my wife and the upcoming offspring are going to inherit it if (heaven forbid) something happens to me.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:30 am

hope all goes well with the surgery rob,as for my collection i always thought i would leave it to my kids but as none of them are in the slightest bit interested in elvis and the fact that albums & cds are not worth as much as they used to be in the past at some point in the near future i might just sell all my elvis stuff.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:37 am

Get well soon,Rob!
And consider yourself lucky that it's benign,unlike in case of Michael Douglas.

As for your question,i'm 32 so hopefully i still have some time left. But if i die today (who knows) then my family will sell my collection to get some money. Not a huge collection. About 220 CD's + less than 10 books.
They don't know other fans and they don't know the real value of the CD's. If they are lucky they will get 30% of the real value. Enough money to bury me. :lol:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 am

get well soon man!!we need you here!!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:03 am

Hang in there, Rob!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 am

Get well soon, Rob.

about my collection:
I´ll give my collection to my son... if he signs a contract stating that he will never use it in a car-cd player!

Take care.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:45 am

Get well soon, Rob. You will be ok. Looking forward to read from you.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 pm

I want your collection, so I'm hoping for a surgeon with shaky hands....

Nah, just kidding! All the best, bud! Looking forward to reading you for a long time.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:58 pm

Dear deep Rob

Hope the surgery goes of well and you are back with your family jewels :smt004 ( the Elvis collection) soon.

As for me, well I am going to ask Colin to compile a quiz, and may those that get the mostest and fastest -win em. :smt002

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Like I told my sister when she asked what should happen with my collection if anything happens to me "I got it all for my own enjoyment and when I pass away or have to move to an old people's home, give it to charity after picking what you want yourself."
Knowing my sister, she will probably dump most of it in the dustbin anyway.

Regarding the surgery I hope all goes well and you recover soon.

For Mrs. Rob: enjoy the silence as it only lasts 3 days. :smt003

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Good luck for you Rob. May God bless you!

About my collection: I never throught about it. I may do it one of these days.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 pm

Hope your surgery goes well and that you will have a speedy recovery.

As for my Elvis collection, my daughter will inherit it. She´s not an Elvis fan so I don´t know what she will
do with my rather modest collection.

Lennart

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Good luck with the surgery Rob. Your earlier "speechless in advance" one-liner is priceless!

I will give my Elvis stuff away to those who would benefit from it like hospital radio, womens refuges, prison libraries and The Beatles fan club headquaters.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Rob wrote:It's one of those Vince Everett surgeries.

Hopefully, I'll be able to sing "Young and Beautiful" when it's over.

Well, that'll be a bonus !

You couldn't sing a lick before !

But seriously, I hope all goes well for you, Rob !

And I hope your collection goes to some 'newbie' [eventually] !

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Kathy
Hang in there mate, nice to know a lot of fans will worry about you, including me.

Regarding my collection, I'll sell a part in the future, and the best 50% will be for my hopefully future kids.
If they like it or not :wink:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Good luck on your surgery, Rob … Well, I’m really a hypocrite for writing that, because if you decide to give me your collection if you don’t make it, I certainly won’t be rooting for you. Nothing personal!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Rob, I'll remember you in my prayers. I'm sure things will turn out fine.

Yes, I have thought about what will become of my collection should I give up the ghost, but I've never resolved the dilemma.

Oh, and Rob, I would like to stake a claim on your rather extensive collection of women-in-prison films. That is, if Colin hasn't already beat me to it.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Wishing you nothing but the very best of luck, Rob.

I will be Thinking About You.