Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

A funny soundtrack?

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:24 pm

As was pionted out to me in another thread, I own far from every FTD released.

As most of Elvis soundtrack albums are far from top notch, which one contains the most fun outakes/banter?
Which one should I get for a good time with Elvis? 8)

Re: A funny soundtrack?

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:04 am

Not sure about banter, but you can't go wrong with the 2 Jailhouse Rock FTDs. It's probably the best soundtrack he recorded.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:47 am

the Stay Away Joe sessions are a recommendation

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:17 am

I can't testify as to the quality of the banter/between-songs-speech, as I always tune out everything but the music, but the Double Trouble FTD is a must-listen for any fan of the 60s soundtracks. All of the outtakes are superior to the master takes, and it offers the most fascinating "what if?" of any FTD I've heard.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 am

I wouldn't be without any of them. Get them in the order you enjoy the original masters.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 am

Those Beach Shack outtakes are pretty funny .."what you think I am Dumb, de dumb de dumb" - Spinout - FTD
Elvis was in a good mood and having a lot of fun at these February 1966 sessions at the Radio Recorders Studio B - Hollywood, California.

The seventh FTD extended movie soundtrack release in 2004 by FTD - Spinout
Spinout FTD.jpg

spinout back.jpg

I also favor the 1999 compilation session CD
"Cut Me And I Bleed" by the Double "G"
Cut Me And i Bleed.jpg

Cut Me - Back.jpg

Here's a sample of "Beach Shack" Take 1 - February 16 1966
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/G9OAM3ol/file.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Thanks for your input guys!

I ordered a few FTD's today:

Double Trouble
Live a little love a little
Wild In The Country
Stay Away Joe

Also tried to order these, but they were out of stock:
SOLD OUT
Hot August Night

Gonna get Spinout to! :wink:

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:11 am

Rockin_John wrote:As was pionted out to me in another thread, I own far from every FTD released.

As most of Elvis soundtrack albums are far from top notch, which one contains the most fun outakes/banter?
Which one should I get for a good time with Elvis? 8)

There was a topic many years ago listing all the funny takes on each FTD but cant find it.
As mentioned Spinout has some really funny moments,same goes for Paradise Hawaian Style and Good Times.
Stay Away Joe FTD has a great&funny take of Us Male that really makes me laugh everytime I hear it (the "ditch" take)

Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:10 am

One funny take that surprisingly didn't get included on the FTD Spinout is take 4 of Smorgasbord with the laughing 'I like 'em bald' ending.

phpBB [video]