Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Help needed!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:38 am

Hello everybody!

Can anyone tell me what the particular name of the King's hairstyle is in G.I. Blues? After the Army his hair seemed sharper/neater and a cleaner cut appearance than before the Army, is his hairstyle in this film still some sort of a Pompadour or something entirely different?

I want to adopt the way EP has it in G.I. Blues myself so I'm really desperate to know so that I can explain to the barber exactly what I want.

Thanks in advance for any help.

tumblr_nvuil6aL4D1ug7xago1_500.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Help needed!

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:40 am

Elvianated wrote:Hello everybody!

Can anyone tell me what the particular name of the King's hairstyle is in G.I. Blues? After the Army his hair seemed sharper/neater and a cleaner cut appearance than before the Army, is his hairstyle in this film still some sort of a Pompadour or something entirely different?

I want to adopt the way EP has it in G.I. Blues myself so I'm really desperate to know so that I can explain to the barber exactly what I want.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If there's a name, I've never heard of it. After getting back from Germany, he sported a magnificent pompadour up to the making of the film.

You'll probably just need to show your barber that sequence when you go to your appointment.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:49 am

Is it a Crew Cut ? Or maybe it has to be shorter for that, like his real life hairdo after the famous barber shots, ie shaved at the sides ?

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

I suggest examinig this clip. You can spot where the parts on his hair were made (0:11 - at the back; 0:28 - at the side). It looks to me, as if his hair was a bit shorter up front, and a little longer at the back - which allows to create almost perfectly shaped "helmet"

You could also compare it to the "wet hair scene" from Blue Hawaii (at 0:50) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsUWB9j ... -wUOpzBIh8