Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:42 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Return Of a Prodigy (August 3, 1969 DS)

What a show...perhaps even the best from 1969..he sounds so crisp and fresh..from start to end. Man he had a terrific time on stage...

I still don't have this one... would love to see FTD release this show.

I've said it before and I'll say it again-My all time favourite bootleg of all time.

You should try and locate a copy Brad although it's probably pretty expensive now.

norrie

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:46 am

Oh dear a quick check on ebay and it's going for 88 quid.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Did you like the so-called "improvement"? I for myself wasn't convinced that much.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:27 pm

Ftd´s "It´s Midnight". Great "Hound dog" version!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:23 pm

A good audience recording from a good show.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:47 pm

Just enjoyed the FTD release of the June 19, 1974 concert in Amarillo, Texas. A very good show from a very good tour. Elvis is having lots of fun, being very playful. Vocally he is really good. Highlights for me from this show are; Trying to Get to You / Polk Salad Annie / An American Trilogy / and Big Boss Man.

rlj

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:13 pm

"christmas lights on a friday night", both shows, good versions of "Brigde..", "Hurt" ,"How great thou art" , And I love you so", but there is an anoing man who keep shouting at the dinner show (Elvis apparently had less of a temper than I, I would problably have taken the Gun from my boot, and shot him).

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:32 am

Joern wrote:Did you like the so-called "improvement"? I for myself wasn't convinced that much.

If there is an improvement over the original, it's not by much.

Still, nice release.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:45 am

Talking about improvements... latest concert i listened to was the Gravel Road 28/1/71 M/S..... great improvement in sound quality.

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 am

Elvis, Scotty, Bill and DJ are running at full throttle and performing a hell of a show. Most people do not seem to realize what a great entertainer Elvis was. Even being just 21 he displays a great sense of humor and irony. :D

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:36 pm

Clipboard01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:59 pm

FTD In Person, CD2

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Vegas Rhythm February 3 1973 DS. Love the echoey sound. Best quality soundboard of an Elvis concert I've ever heard.

(This version of Steamroller Blues is better than both Aloha ones! However, Elvis is in weak voice for some songs, especially I Got A Woman. It's either the throat infection or boredom due to going from performing to billions to performing for 2200 twice a night. Still love the concert though)

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:56 pm

I love this version of I Got A Woman, it does have a very relaxed feel and it's quite different from the 'faster' versions. And the sound is pretty good for sure.!

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:07 pm

This excellent show.. EP was in a great mood, sings very well and has a varied tracklist.
Nice sound too.

2001 Theme / C. C. Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Happy Birthday Lisa / Happy Birthday David / Love Me / Fairytale / And I Love You So / Trying To Get To You / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / Hound Dog / Sweet Caroline / Polk Salad Annie / Introductions / Johnny B. Goode / Band solos and Introductions / Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll / Elvis Introduces Mrs. Parker, Lisa Marie & Vernon Presley / Just Pretend / How Great Thou Art / Burning Love / Softly, As I Leave You / America The Beautiful / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 pm

November 10, 1971, at Boston Garden.
I love his version of Polk Salad Annie, very playful. Also Bridge is amazing vocally, and I love this version of Can't Help Falling in Love. A great show from arguably one of Elvis' tours of his career.

rlj

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:59 pm

JohanD wrote:This excellent show.. EP was in a great mood, sings very well and has a varied tracklist.
Nice sound too.

2001 Theme / C. C. Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Happy Birthday Lisa / Happy Birthday David / Love Me / Fairytale / And I Love You So / Trying To Get To You / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel / Hound Dog / Sweet Caroline / Polk Salad Annie / Introductions / Johnny B. Goode / Band solos and Introductions / Hail Hail Rock'n'Roll / Elvis Introduces Mrs. Parker, Lisa Marie & Vernon Presley / Just Pretend / How Great Thou Art / Burning Love / Softly, As I Leave You / America The Beautiful / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

James Burton's intro to "Sweet Caroline" cracks me (and everyone on stage) up during this show.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:20 am

JohanD wrote:This excellent show.. EP was in a great mood, sings very well and has a varied tracklist.
Nice sound too.

Is this one (Fairytale in Vegas) really worth tracking down? A review on elvisnews.com says the audio is extremely poor.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:00 am

WMarkJ wrote:
Nice sound too.

Is this one (Fairytale in Vegas) really worth tracking down? A review on elvisnews.com says the audio is extremely poor.

'The sound is average.. Not poor, but also not good. It's really between there.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:05 pm

April 10th 1972 ES.

Very enjoyable show in which Elvis and the band are in great form. :D

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:52 pm

Entertaining show from the last 1975 Vegas season.
From one very good and one (small part) lesser-bit still audible- source.
Excellent versions of Fairytaile and Just Pretend.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Birmingham 12-29-76. That's right, 37 years after the event took place.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:39 pm

The great FTD,"Dixieland rocks", from the 6 th. Of May 75', super sound and Elvis' great and funny mood creates a "warm" concert , and he is in great voice, as can be heard on two of the highlights; "BRIGDE" and "Farytale". HIGHLY recomendable !!

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:22 am

...it is such a GOOD show... but in such BAD sound! How I wish there was a soundboard of this!

JEFF d
EP fan