Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:04 am

Long Beach Cal..November 15 1972..

Really good show, good setlist and Great Sound for a audience recording.The Highlights are "Polk Salad Annie", "Little Sister/Get Back", "I'll Remember You" which Elvis describes as one of his favorite songs, "How Great Thou Art", and "Burning Love". Elvis introduces Lisa Marie and dedicates the show to her and says that it was the first time she had seen her Daddy make a fool of himself in front of 14,000 people. I saw a special on Tv with Diane Sawyer or Oprah think it was and they went into the archives with Lisa at Graceland and they found a scarf that Elvis gave lisa on the date of this show and Elvis had signed a message to Lisa on it. It was touching and Lisa had never seen it before and she decided to take it home with her.

See See Rider
I Got A Woman
Until It's Time For You To Go
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me
All Shook Up
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
The Wonder Of You (short version)
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Love Me Tender
Little Sister/Get Back
Hound Dog
I'll Remember You
How Great Thou Art
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Burning Love
Fever
Elvis intros Lisa Marie
You Gave Me A Mountain
Can't Help Falling In Love

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:34 am

August 28 1971..Las Vegas...Midnight Show.

Pretty good show with the typical setlist for this time period except for"I Just Can't Help Believin" which was rarely performed in 1971. Elvis screws up the lyrics on the first try and has to start over again. Still turns out nice though. Other highlights include "Proud Mary" "Polk Salad Annie", "Its Impossible", "I'm Leavin". Elvis also introduces Singer John Gary and says he has been a fan of John's singing for a long time. I had never heard of John Gary until listening to this show.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
Proud Mary
Sweet Caroline
Polk Salad Annie
Johnny B Goode
It's Impossible
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
Heartbreak Hotel
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Hound Dog
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Elvis introduces John Gary
I'm Leavin
I Just Can't Help Believin' (1 False Start)
Lawdy Miss Clawdy

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:45 am

Opening Night..January 26 1972

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 am

Mobile 2/6/75 A/S..... again + AGAIN great spirit and show!~ :D

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:44 am

Robert wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:Well I haven't made a direct comparison but going by memory the recording does sound like its deeper in the audience than the one we all know, with Elvis sounding somewhat further away. I was instructed never to copy/share it so I am not surprised it wouldn't be well known.

Interesting...
Can you post a snippet?

Sorry Robert I can't do that. Regarding the sound, its like comparing the two Pittsburgh '76 recordings: the initially released recordings are best for both concerts, imo.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Rob wrote:Image

I thought you wouldn't buy this one as you have the show from FTD!?

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Pink&Black wrote:
Robert wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:25 June, 1977 - the Claude Baker recording.

?
I only know of one recording.. Or is that the 'Claude Baker' recording?

The one that can be found on 'Since Cincinatti", right?

That release features recordings made on June 25 and 26, 1977 and neither are tapes from Claude Baker.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Tuscon Arizona..November 9 1972..

Really good show and really good setlist and pretty good sound. Elvis is in a good mood. He tells the audience that the last time he played there was 14 years earlier when he was just a baby. The microphone stand was too short and Elvis jokes it was a made for a midget. Some girl screams out a request for Love Me Tender and Elvis replies..."Yes Dear, I'll Love U Tender". The Highlights include "You Gave Me A Mountain", "Polk Salad Annie", "Little Sister/Get Back", "I'll Remember You" "How Great Thou Art" "For The Good Times". During For the Good Times some girl is screaming so loud that the audience and Elvis get a laugh out of it. "Fever" is not usually a Big highlight but here the audience claps along which makes it one. I love listening to audience recordings sometimes better than soundboards because u feel like a fly on the wall listening to conversations with people in the crowd from all those years ago. at one point u can here a security guard come around and warn someone do stop doing something. whatever that was.

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Until Its Time For You To Go
You Don't Have To Say You Love
You Gave Me A Mountain
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental Break"
Love Me
All Shook Up
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
The Wonder Of You (short version)
Love Me Tender
One Night
Teddy Bear/Don' Be Cruel
Little Sister/Get Back
Old Shep (1 line)
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (1 line)
Hound Dog
I'll Remember You
How Great Thou Art (+ reprise)
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
For The Good Times
A Big Hunk O Love
Fever
I Can't Stop Loving You
Johnny B Goode

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Joern wrote:
Rob wrote:Image

I thought you wouldn't buy this one as you have the show from FTD!?

I reconsidered, baby.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:36 am

Rob wrote:I reconsidered, baby.

I'm sure you don't regret it as the sound is really a lot better than on the FTD CD - imo.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:17 am

I Sing My Own Kinds - Vegas 10 August 1971 DS ...

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:25 pm

I haven't heard a complete concert quite a while, but yesterday I found the time to listen to the midnight show from August 12, 1972.
A fine release by Madison.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:30 pm

back.jpg
front.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:04 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
back.jpg
front.jpg

yes and most likely this will be mine too. great that by the closing show Elvis did 7 different songs which contrasts nicely to the opening show and means you are not just listening to such a similar show as the opening. :D

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:41 pm

I just love the FTD label.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:23 pm

August 22 1972 - Las Vegas - Midnight Show..

Really good show as Most shows from this Engagement were. Elvis was looking and sounding great. The setlist is great with Johnny B Goode as the second song which i will take over "I Got A Woman" anyday. He welcomes everyone to The International Holiday Inn and Judging by comments Elvis makes he is wearing the two piece suit with Blue shirt. The Highlights from the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "What Now My Love", "Little Sister/Get Back", "I'll Remember You". Elvis also introduces Tom Jones and talks about a telegram Tom sent him that said..."Dear Elvis...Keep them warm for me in Vegas, I'll Be There in a Week". He says that despite what had been said or written about, Tom is one of the best friends he has in the Music Industry. The show lasts around 60 min and has good sound.

See See Rider
Johnny B Goode
Proud Mary
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental Break"
What Now My Love (1 false Start)
Fever
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
Little Sister/Get Back
Love Me Tender
Hound Dog
I'll Remember You
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Elvis introduces Tom Jones
Green Green Grass of Home (1 line)
A Big Hunk Of Love
Mystery Train/Tiger Man

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 am

DEH wrote:August 22 1972 - Las Vegas - Midnight Show..

Really good show as Most shows from this Engagement were. Elvis was looking and sounding great. The setlist is great with Johnny B Goode as the second song which i will take over "I Got A Woman" anyday. He welcomes everyone to The International Holiday Inn and Judging by comments Elvis makes he is wearing the two piece suit with Blue shirt. The Highlights from the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "What Now My Love", "Little Sister/Get Back", "I'll Remember You". Elvis also introduces Tom Jones and talks about a telegram Tom sent him that said..."Dear Elvis...Keep them warm for me in Vegas, I'll Be There in a Week". He says that despite what had been said or written about, Tom is one of the best friends he has in the Music Industry. The show lasts around 60 min and has good sound.

See See Rider
Johnny B Goode
Proud Mary
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental Break"
Fever
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
Little Sister/Get Back
Love Me Tender
Hound Dog
I'll Remember You
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
A Big Hunk Of Love
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Speaking of this "Keeping Them Warm" show, the label indicated there would be more book/CD combos. Have any others come out yet?

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:06 am

WMarkJ wrote:
DEH wrote:August 22 1972 - Las Vegas - Midnight Show..

See See Rider
Johnny B Goode
Proud Mary
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental Break"
Fever
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Heartbreak Hotel
All Shook Up
Little Sister/Get Back
Love Me Tender
Hound Dog
I'll Remember You
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
A Big Hunk Of Love
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Speaking of this "Keeping Them Warm" show, the label indicated there would be more book/CD combos. Have any others come out yet?

Not yet, but i do hope so, as i was happy with keeping them warm, the sound aint bad at all and the book contains some fantastic photo's i hadnt seen before.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:33 am

One Night in Vegas - 10 August 1970

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Great show, good sounding ar... one to get.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:42 pm

Disc 2 of the On Stage FTD from my laptop, warming up, going home in a couple of days to open the package with the latest FTD's. The On Stage Season next! :)

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:35 pm

February 19 1971 - Midnight Show - Las Vegas

One of my favorite shows. The shows got better as this Vegas season progressed. Elvis is in a good mood and decided to go extra long for this show compared to the rest of the shows from this engagement. He explains that the reason he is going extra long is because the audience comes from far away and the economy in the country is down so he is gonna try and put on a great show. He says that they rehearse a lot for songs but can't do them all but they try to change some songs on different nights. He introduces himself as BB King and after "I Got A Woman" sings "By The Time I get To Phoenix she'll be pregnant"... and then shouts jokingly..." I didn't do it!..I didn't do it!.", Obviously referring to The Paternity Suit against him.

The Highlights from the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "How Great Thou Art", "Bridge Over Troubled Water", "Help Me Make it Through The Night" (which has a different arrangment than later versions), and "Snowbird". The most unusual thing he does during the show is having the band and orchestra play The 2001 theme near the end of the show. I guess he got a kick out of hearing them do it. The only negatives are he does shorter versions of "You've Lost That Lovin Feeling" and "Just Pretend" where he leaves out a verse on both songs and he changes the lyrics on "In the Ghetto" and laughs during the song. It also appears that 'There Goes My Everything" is incomplete because the taper of the show might have been trying to save space and stopped taping a couple times. The show runs almost 75 min and has pretty good sound.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/By the Time I Get To Phoenix
Love Me Tender (False Start Only)
Loving You (1 line)
Jailhouse Rock (a couple lines)
Sweet Caroline
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin (shorter version)
Polk Salad Annie
Elvis Introduces James Burton
Johnny B Goode
Something
Elvis Introduces Kathy Westmoreland
How Great Thou Art
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Love Me
Don't Be Cruel
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Blue Suede Shoes
Heartbreak Hotel
Little Sister/Get Back
Its Now Or Never
Hound Dog
Mystery Song (1 line)
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Help Me Make It Through The Night
There Goes My Everything (incomplete)
Just Pretend (shorter version)
Old Shep (2 lines)
Love Me Tender (1 line)
In The Ghetto (1 False Start)
2001 Theme
Snowbird
The Impossible Dream

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:44 pm

JohanD wrote:Great show, good sounding ar... one to get.

Great show with the only live version of it's a matter of time

Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Pink&Black wrote:
Robert wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:25 June, 1977 - the Claude Baker recording.

?
I only know of one recording.. Or is that the 'Claude Baker' recording?

The one that can be found on 'Since Cincinatti", right?

That release features recordings made on June 25 and 26, 1977 and neither are tapes from Claude Baker.

What on this CD is from June 26? I thought this was the complete Cincinnati show.