Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:35 am

I played this one yesterday after quite a few years of it sitting on the shelf: By Special Request, From Louisiana To Tennessee (http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/B/byspecialreqloius.htm Image

The sound is good, some good drumming from Ronnie with a few some different fills than normal. Elvis sounds good for the period, but there is a bit of a "ho hum" attitude (I was reminded of his comments prior to Heartbreak Hotel from the Spring Tours FTD CD when Elvis is trying to find the right key and seemingly can't be bothered or loses interests and says words to the effect of "That'll do") in his voice like its just another day at work, but Little Sister, Mountain, And I Love You So, Love Me Tender, and Fever are well performed.
That comment by Sherrill Nielson using a camped up tone "By special request" - presumably Elvis must be the "special" part that he's referring to as he launches in to Danny Boy - missed opportunity for Elvis.

What really interested me (which I had forgotten about) was Bruce Jackson's & Felton's introduction and Elvis' request for them to stand centre stage to hear the sound problems as Elvis was hearing them (which leads to Elvis' little sledge as he changes the words to "How bad the sound has 'bin' (sic)". Does anyone have any photos of these three on stage from this night?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:54 am

Jim Dandy wrote:I played this one yesterday after quite a few years of it sitting on the shelf: By Special Request, From Louisiana To Tennessee (http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/B/byspecialreqloius.htm Image

The sound is good, some good drumming from Ronnie with a few some different fills than normal. Elvis sounds good for the period, but there is a bit of a "ho hum" attitude (I was reminded of his comments prior to Heartbreak Hotel from the Spring Tours FTD CD when Elvis is trying to find the right key and seemingly can't be bothered or loses interests and says words to the effect of "That'll do") in his voice like its just another day at work, but Little Sister, Mountain, And I Love You So, Love Me Tender, and Fever are well performed.
That comment by Sherrill Nielson using a camped up tone "By special request" - presumably Elvis must be the "special" part that he's referring to as he launches in to Danny Boy - missed opportunity for Elvis.

What really interested me (which I had forgotten about) was Bruce Jackson's & Felton's introduction and Elvis' request for them to stand centre stage to hear the sound problems as Elvis was hearing them (which leads to Elvis' little sledge as he changes the words to "How bad the sound has 'bin' (sic)". Does anyone have any photos of these three on stage from this night?
hearing it tonight . Great stuff! Elvis real good, Sherill Nielsen incredible

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:26 pm

Just listened to the June 17 1972 show from Chicago. Great show. More interesting setlist than The MSG shows. The Crowd is crazy. Suspicious Minds is clipped at the beginning but u hear most of it. and its' really good and the crowd is loving it. U also get to hear one of the speakers blow during "Johnny B Goode". i presume thats what it was. and Elvis jokes that he just got shot. The Highlights of the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "Johnny B Goode", "Suspicous Minds", "How Great Thou Art", "American Trilogy" and rare songs for 1972 like "Its Now Or Never", "Something" and "My Babe". its a a damn shame RCA did not record this show or that we do not have at least a soundboard of it.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman
Love Me Tender
You Don't Have To Say U Love Me
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin'
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me
All Shook Up
Heart Break Hotel
Teddy Bear/Don"t Be Cruel
One Night
Reconsider Baby
Its Now Or Never
Johnny B Goode
I Cant Stop Loving You
Hound Dog
Suspicious Minds
-Intros-
My Babe
Something
Release Me
How Great Thou Art
Funny How Time Slips Away
An American Trilogy
Can't Help Falling In Love

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:55 am

CD1

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:58 am

DEH wrote:Just listened to the June 17 1972 show from Chicago. Great show. More interesting setlist than The MSG shows. The Crowd is crazy. Suspicious Minds is clipped at the beginning but u hear most of it. and its' really good and the crowd is loving it. U also get to hear one of the speakers blow during "Johnny B Goode". i presume thats what it was. and Elvis jokes that he just got shot. The Highlights of the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "Johnny B Goode", "Suspicous Minds", "How Great Thou Art", "American Trilogy" and rare songs for 1972 like "Its Now Or Never", "Something" and "My Babe". its a a damn shame RCA did not record this show or that we do not have at least a soundboard of it.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman
Love Me Tender
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me
All Shook Up
Heart Break Hotel
One Night
Reconsider Baby
Its Now Or Never
Johnny B Goode
I Cant Stop Loving You
Hound Dog
Suspicious Minds
-Intros-
My Babe
Something
Release Me
How Great Thou Art
An American Trilogy

Indeed a fine setlist with songs appearing and appearing on different than usual spots.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:26 am

February 19 - 1971, Midnight Show

01 That's All Right
02 I Got A Woman / By The Time I Get To Phoenix /
Love Me Tender / Loving You / Jailhouse Rock
03 Can't Help Falling In Love
04 Sweet Caroline
05 You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
06 Polk Salad Annie
07 Johnny B. Goode
08 Something
09 How Great Thou Art
10 Mystery Train
11 Love Me
12 Don't Be Cruel
13 Bridge Over Troubled Water
14 Blue Suede Shoes
15 Heartbreak Hotel
16 Little Sister / Get Back
17 It's Now Or Never
18 Hound Dog / Guadalajara
19 Suspicious Minds
20 Band intros
21 Lawdy Miss Clawdy
22 Help Me Make It Through The Night
23 There Goes My Everything
24 Just Pretend / Old Shep
25 In The Ghetto
26 2001 Theme / Snowbird
27 The Impossible Dream
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Dixieland rock (ftd) great show

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:47 pm

DEH wrote:Just listened to the June 17 1972 show from Chicago. Great show. More interesting setlist than The MSG shows. The Crowd is crazy. Suspicious Minds is clipped at the beginning but u hear most of it. and its' really good and the crowd is loving it. U also get to hear one of the speakers blow during "Johnny B Goode". i presume thats what it was. and Elvis jokes that he just got shot. The Highlights of the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "Johnny B Goode", "Suspicous Minds", "How Great Thou Art", "American Trilogy" and rare songs for 1972 like "Its Now Or Never", "Something" and "My Babe". its a a damn shame RCA did not record this show or that we do not have at least a soundboard of it.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman
Love Me Tender
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me
All Shook Up
Heart Break Hotel
One Night
Reconsider Baby
Its Now Or Never
Johnny B Goode
I Cant Stop Loving You
Hound Dog
Suspicious Minds
-Intros-
My Babe
Something
Release Me
How Great Thou Art
An American Trilogy

Is this the show with the huge sound explosion?

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Robert wrote:

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman
Love Me Tender
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me
All Shook Up
Heart Break Hotel
One Night
Reconsider Baby
Its Now Or Never
Johnny B Goode
I Cant Stop Loving You
Hound Dog
Suspicious Minds
-Intros-
My Babe
Something
Release Me
How Great Thou Art
An American Trilogy

Is this the show with the huge sound explosion?

Yes it happens during Johnny B Goode and Elvis has to start the song over. I presume it was one of the speakers.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Just Listened to the November 11 1971 Cincinnati show. As good as The Boston show is, this is even better. Longer show and better setlist and Elvis is just killing it .At one point some guy yells out..."That's the man baby!!.....that's the man!!!". the November 1971 tour kills the November 1970 and September 1970 shows. U would not think that would be the case but it is. The highlights of the show are "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelinn", "Polk Salad Annie", "One Night", "How Great Thou Art", "Bridge Over Troubled Water with a reprise", "The Impossible Dream", "Suspicious Minds". The show lasts approximately 70 minutes.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
Proud Mary
You Don't Have to Say U Love Me
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin on
One Night
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Its Now Or Never
Hound Dog
How Great Thou Art
-Intros-
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Bridge Over Troubled Water + reprise
I Can't Stop Loving You
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Release Me
The Impossible Dream
Suspicious Minds
Hawaiin Wedding Song

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:30 pm

CD #2 from Dallas on of my favorite EP shows!

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:04 am

DEH wrote:Just Listened to the November 11 1971 Cincinnati show. As good as The Boston show is, this is even better. Longer show and better setlist and Elvis is just killing it .At one point some guy yells out..."That's the man baby!!.....that's the man!!!". the November 1971 tour kills the November 1970 and September 1970 shows. U would not think that would be the case but it is. The highlights of the show are "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelinn", "Polk Salad Annie", "One Night", "How Great Thou Art", "Bridge Over Troubled Water with a reprise", "The Impossible Dream", "Suspicious Minds". The show lasts approximately 70 minutes.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
Proud Mary
You Don't Have to Say U Love Me
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Polk Salad Annie
Love Me
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin on
One Night
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Its Now Or Never
Hound Dog
How Great Thou Art
-Intros-
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Bridge Over Troubled Water + reprise
I Can't Stop Loving You
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Release Me
The Impossible Dream
Suspicious Minds
Hawaiin Wedding Song

Agree, can't get any better..
Soundboard please!

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 pm

July 3 1973 in Atlanta Ga.......This has to be one of the best shows Elvis did in 1973. great versions of "Help Me Make It Through The Night", "Steamroller Blues"..."My Way"....."How Great Thou Art" with a reprise..."Something", and of Course "American Trilogy". But what makes the show even better is the Spoken Word versions of "You Gave Me A Mountain" and "What Now My Love" which add a lot more drama to them. Elvis obviously had his upcoming divorce on his mind. Adding on to that is a very rare Live version of "Memphis Tennessee". Its great and obviously rehearsed. Its too bad he did not do this live more often. And singing it might have had something to do with the fact Lisa Marie was in the crowd. the lyrics... "Marie is only 6 years Old" and the lyrics "We were pulled apart because her mom did not agree...Tore apart our happy home in memphis Tennesse". Hmmm. He also introduces his Dad and Lisa. Anyways, a great show to end his tour with. the show lasts almost 65 min.

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Help Me Make It Through The Night
Steamroller Blues
You Gave Me A Mountain (Spoken Word version)
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Rock n Roll Medley (Shakin Goin On, Flip Flop And Fly, You Mama Don"t Dance, Jailhouse Rock)
My Way
How Great Thou Art + reprise
Hound Dog
Fever
Something
All Shook Up
Memphis Tennessee
What Now My Love (Spoken Word Version)
Suspicious Minds
-Intros-
Elvis intros Vernon and Lisa Marie
I'll Remember You
I Can't Stop Loving You
Release Me
An American Trilogy
A Big Hunk Of Love
Last edited by DEH on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm

DEH wrote:July 3 1973 in Atlanta Ga.......This has to be one of the best shows Elvis did in 1973. great versions of "Help Me Make It Through The Night", "Steamroller Blues"..."My Way"....."How Great Thou Art" with a reprise..."Something", and of Course "American Trilogy". But what makes the show even better is the Spoken Word versions of "You Gave Me A Mountain" and "What Now My Love" which add a lot more drama to them. Elvis obviously had his upcoming divorce on his mind. Adding on to that is a very rare Live version of "Memphis Tennessee". Its great and obviously rehearsed. Its too bad he did not do this live more often. And it also might have had something to do with the fact Lisa Marie was in the crowd. the lyrics... "Marie is only 6 years Old" and the lyrics "We were pulled apart because her mom did not agree...Tore apart our happy home in memphis Tennesse". Hmmm. He also introduces his Dad and Lisa. Anyways, a great show to end his tour with. the show lasts almost 65 min.

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Steamroller Blues
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Rock n Roll Medley (Shakin Goin On, Flip Flop And Fly, You Mama Don"t Dance, Jailhouse Rock)
My Way
Hound Dog
Fever
Something
All Shook Up
Memphis Tennessee
Suspicious Minds
-Intros-
I'll Remember You
I Can't Stop Loving You
Release Me
An American Trilogy
A Big Hunk Of Love

This is only an audience AR release right?

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:32 pm

WMarkJ wrote:
DEH wrote:July 3 1973 in Atlanta Ga.......This has to be one of the best shows Elvis did in 1973. great versions of "Help Me Make It Through The Night", "Steamroller Blues"..."My Way"....."How Great Thou Art" with a reprise..."Something", and of Course "American Trilogy". But what makes the show even better is the Spoken Word versions of "You Gave Me A Mountain" and "What Now My Love" which add a lot more drama to them. Elvis obviously had his upcoming divorce on his mind. Adding on to that is a very rare Live version of "Memphis Tennessee". Its great and obviously rehearsed. Its too bad he did not do this live more often. And it also might have had something to do with the fact Lisa Marie was in the crowd. the lyrics... "Marie is only 6 years Old" and the lyrics "We were pulled apart because her mom did not agree...Tore apart our happy home in memphis Tennesse". Hmmm. He also introduces his Dad and Lisa. Anyways, a great show to end his tour with. the show lasts almost 65 min.

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Steamroller Blues
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
My Way
Hound Dog
Fever
Something
All Shook Up
Memphis Tennessee
Suspicious Minds
-Intros-
I'll Remember You
I Can't Stop Loving You
Release Me
An American Trilogy
A Big Hunk Of Love

This is only an audience AR release right?

yes. another show i wish there was a soundboard too. i don't think they have any from the summer tour in 1973.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:I played this one yesterday after quite a few years of it sitting on the shelf: By Special Request, From Louisiana To Tennessee

I think this was posted earlier in some thread I can't find right now...

Picture 1013.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 am

FANTASTIC re-re-release!

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:07 am

rjm

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:44 am

Due to an incomplete tape this is a compilation of several concert recordings, but it's still fun to hear.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks Scott Hayward, if you have others please post them.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:25 am

Aloha Jerry

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:05 pm

July 3 1973 Nashville Tenn, 3 pm show.....another great show from this tour. Not on the level of the one in Atlanta a couple days later but still a great show. Elvis mentions that he has never performed in Nashville, he has worked there plenty of times but never performed. He intros Sound Engineer Bill Porter and gives a shoutout to Felton Jarvis, Scotty Moore , DJ Fontana and a couple names i can't make out. The highlights are "Steamroller Blues". "How Great Thou Art", "Something", "What Now My Love" and a great rare live version of "Faded Love" which he probably sang because it was recorded in Nashville. i guess the only letdown on this show is that he did not sing Trilogy.

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen + reprise
Steamroller Blues
You Gave Me A Mountain
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Rock N Roll Medley (Shakin' Goin On, Flip,Flop and Fly, You're Mama Don't Dance, Shake, Rattle, Roll, Jailhouse Rock)
I'm Leavin
How Great Thou Art
Hound Dog
Fever
Something
Faded Love
What Now My Love
Suspicious Minds
- Band Intros-
Elvis intros Bill Porter
Elvis says Hello to Felton Jarvis, Scotty Moore, DJ Fontana and a few others
I'll Remember You
I Can't Stop Loving You
A Big Hunk Of Love
Love Me Tender

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:48 pm

February 21 1971, Las Vegas, Dinner Show....

Really good show. I love the setlists he was doing at this time. Elvis had added a bunch of new songs and made "The Impossible Dream" his new closing number for this engagement. Elvis introduces himself as BB King, and after singing "I Got A woman" he sings "By The Time I Get to Phoenix she'll be pregnant". He also repeats the "It feels like Bob Dylan has slept in my mouth" joke. The highlights are "Polk Salad Annie", "How Great Thou Art", "Something", "Little Sister/Get Back", "Its Now Or Never", "The Impossible Dream" The only on knock on it really is that he shortens "You've Lost That Lovin Feelin". he leaves out the "I get down on my knees for you" part of the song and he leaves out "Suspicious Minds".

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Love Me Tender (False Start Only)
Jailhouse Rock (a couple lines only)
Love Me
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Sweet Caroline
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin (shortened version)
Polk Salad Annie
Something
Elvis intros Kathy Westmorland
Elvis intros James Burton
Johnny B Goode
How Great Thou Art
Don't Be Cruel
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Little Sister/Get Back
It's Now Or Never
Hound Dog
-Band Intros-
The Impossble Dream

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 pm

DEH wrote:February 21 1971, Las Vegas, Dinner Show....

Really good show. I love the setlists he was doing at this time. Elvis had added a bunch of new songs and made "The Impossible Dream" his new closing number for this engagement. Elvis introduces himself as BB King, and after singing "I Got A woman" he sings "By The Time I Get to Phoenix she'll be pregnant". He also repeats the "It feels like Bob Dylan has slept in my mouth" joke. The highlights are "Polk Salad Annie", "How Great Thou Art", "Something", "Little Sister/Get Back", "Its Now Or Never", "The Impossible Dream" The only on knock on it really is that he shortens "You've Lost That Lovin Feelin". he leaves out the "I get down on my knees for you" part of the song and he leaves out "Suspicious Minds".

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Love Me Tender (False Start Only)
Jailhouse Rock (a couple lines only)
Love Me
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Sweet Caroline
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin (shortened version)
Polk Salad Annie
Something
Elvis intros Kathy Westmorland
Elvis intros James Burton
Johnny B Goode
How Great Thou Art
Don't Be Cruel
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Little Sister/Get Back
It's Now Or Never
Hound Dog
-Band Intros-
The Impossble Dream
Tried finding on my own with elvisconcerts.com and google. What CD is this one on? thanks