Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Matthew wrote:FTD's Hot August Night and Live In Vegas

Which one do you prefer? They are both great. I tend to prefer Hot August Night over Live In Vegas just a tad, i love Suspicious Minds from HAN, the prolonged intro works.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:44 pm

8/12/72 dinner show from FTD's 3000 South Paradise Road

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:58 am

I just listened to A MN Moment, since I went to that show. Next, I'll be checking out the Creeping Crud release.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:54 am

Creeping Crud!~ :D :D :D

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 am

New Years Eve FTD

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:53 am

midnightx wrote:8/12/72 dinner show from FTD's 3000 South Paradise Road

In my opinion, this show features the best version of "American Trilogy" I've ever heard - had to listen to it 5 times in a row before I was ready to move on.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 am

Last show for me was the first disc from Elvis Sold Out! - awesome show!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 pm

joekro1977 wrote:
midnightx wrote:8/12/72 dinner show from FTD's 3000 South Paradise Road

In my opinion, this show features the best version of "American Trilogy" I've ever heard - had to listen to it 5 times in a row before I was ready to move on.
yes, for me this version is right up there with a Hampton Roads soundboard version in which Elvis vocals and Ronnie Tutt's drums are incredible.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:52 pm

That Richmond show on April 10, 1972, on Red Hot In Richmond, might highlight Tutt's drumming even better than the Hampton releases. That one is my favorite of the On Tour Trilogy versions. It's awesome and Elvis' voice doesn't crack at the end and is clear as crystal.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:14 pm

stevelecher wrote:That Richmond show on April 10, 1972, on Red Hot In Richmond, might highlight Tutt's drumming even better than the Hampton releases. That one is my favorite of the On Tour Trilogy versions. It's awesome and Elvis' voice doesn't crack at the end and is clear as crystal.
that actually might be the one I'm thinking of. will have to give these a spin soon.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:34 am

I simply had to put on the ELVIS AS RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS (FTD)! Still loving it! :)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:54 am

Just started listening to Dixieland Rocks, again!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:03 am

joekro1977 wrote:Just started listening to Dixieland Rocks, again!

Brilliant concert, and definitely one of my all-time favourite live FTD's.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 am

April 10 1972 :D i like that version!. But i still prefer Hampton Roads. It's more Solid.
this one is from the recent ''New Rock Legends'' CD: from Richmond to Greensboro :
http://www33.zippyshare.com/v/31096357/file.html

and hampton roads this version gets me everytime :(

EDIT: Youtube function don't seem to work at this moment so just a link i guess!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL93WTf0mRM

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:28 am

"A Minnesota Moment" (October 17/76) FTD. I can't get enough of those '76 soundboards.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:40 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
and hampton roads this version gets me everytime :(

EDIT: Youtube function don't seem to work at this moment so just a link i guess!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL93WTf0mRM
that's what I'm talking about. Truly amazing. Not Just Elvis, but Ronnie Tutt! Ronnie kicks it in right after the crescendo after hush lil baby don't you cry & the trumpets.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:03 am

Don't care for the extra overdubbing on This Is Elvis. I'll still go with the Richmond version.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 am

TCB-FAN wrote:"A Minnesota Moment" (October 17/76) FTD. I can't get enough of those '76 soundboards.

I mentioned I just listened to this. Never noticed before but Now Or Never seems to have none of the annoying horns that are usually so irritating on live versions of this song. The accompaniment is really pretty sparse here. I wish we had gotten the Hurt version that was done at this show. It featured a reprise, and the version here, with the strong piano mix, doesn't match the rest of this concert.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:55 am

TCB-FAN wrote:"A Minnesota Moment" (October 17/76) FTD. I can't get enough of those '76 soundboards.

New Haven '76 should be next in the rotation.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:17 am

Rebooked disc 4...Feb 23, 1970 closing show.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 am

midnightx wrote:

Go for Disc 2 of "Showtime" instead - the Dallas show is incredible. Our man was in good form that night.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 am

joekro1977 wrote:
midnightx wrote:

Go for Disc 2 of "Showtime" instead - the Dallas show is incredible. Our man was in good form that night.

Prefer Birmingham to Dallas.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:08 pm

To me Elvis sounds somewhat hyped-up during these shows. Besides that he doesn't sing constantly well but relying on effects instead. He sings certain parts of a song with a lot of power or holds certain notes for a long time. He certainly has a good time and I am pretty sure that I wouldn't have left the venue disappointed. But nevertheless he is worlds appart from what he did back in 1970 - even from his archivements of March 1974.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:32 pm

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face from Birmingham is magic and one of the highlights of all of the concert years.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm

I listened to From Richmond to Greensboro today, love this show :D and the sound is fantastic!.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.