Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Sat May 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Keeping Them Warm - Venus

Mon May 20, 2013 7:20 pm

This one...

A shame that there are only two concerts known from this short Tahoe season.
Both the dates from the 13th october..

It makes you wonder if there where suprises performed during this last '74 performances...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Well done, Venus.

Sun May 26, 2013 1:25 pm

To me the best concert of that Vegas season
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 26, 2013 1:38 pm

JohanD wrote:To me the best concert of that Vegas season

Are the intros missing on your source, too..?

Sun May 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Listened to the VENUS release of 30/8-74 Vegas show......great one.
Edited down the 9 minute karate monologue.....and woops.....the show fitted on one CDR disc :)

Mon May 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Finally got around to watching/listening to the afternoon MSG show as featured on PFAP.

Great sound on the DVD. I've gotten a whole new appreciation for the performance now. I was never too interested beforehand. Elvis really is on fire - and it's great to see the footage to go with it..

Mon May 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Great sound and shows!

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 pm

I'm sorry guys.
It's not only interesting which concert you listened to.
But how about your opinion??

We know the cover art............

If some concerts turned out to be special, it may be a motivation to get it (speaking for myself)

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:44 am

August 20, 1975DS -- a pretty good show with Elvis in good spirits. A few songs from the "Request Box" along with 4 songs from the "Today" album are a nice treat. It's hard to imagine that just a day later Elvis would be returning home and cancelling the remainder of that visit to Vegas.

rlj

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:27 am

Fun show from 1975, pretty standard, though very entertaining.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:26 am

Desert Storm 9-2-74. That "pull your tongue out with the ropes" remark was quite poignant.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 am

Opening Night '74 - A compete different set list. The old tiger try to break out!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:42 am

Winston wrote:Opening Night '74 - A compete different set list. The old tiger try to break out!

Listening to the rehearsals from August 16t '74 then on to opening night on the 19th for me.

These rehearsals are very intriguing to hear!
Last edited by memphisound on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:43 am

If you mean by "concert" a show given before an audience, which I assume you do, then I've been listening to June 27, 1968 a lot. The anniversary of its recording is this month. I will never get enough!

Other than that, I've been listening to TTWII rehearsals, but they're not concerts. Wish I had that whole set, but it costs a small fortune. And I'm hoping it'll all be remastered beautifully in HD. I would dig deep for that. (I can dream . . .)

rjm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:45 am

The excellent closing night from a great Vegas season.
My favorite Vegas season.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 am

memphisound wrote: ... Listening to the rehearsals from August 16t '74 ...

Thanks to FTD I can listen to the rehearsals. I love that show!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:16 pm

Live in Las Vegas - FTD with very good versions of Suspicious Minds, Runaway, My Babe and rarely performed live: Inherit The Wind. And 48 Hours to Memphis. Two fantastic concerts !!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:25 pm

memphisound wrote:
Winston wrote:Opening Night '74 - A compete different set list. The old tiger try to break out!

Listening to the rehearsals from August 16t '74 then on to opening night on the 19th for me.

These rehearsals are very intriguing to hear!

My first bootleg. Well, more like a bootleg of a bootleg - a CD-R rip off of the DAE release sold to me as genuine by a couple of East End shits.

Loved it at the time. Haven't played it for a while though.

PS. Did eventually track down a bona fide DAE set.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 am

I just listened to the Omaha show, recorded on 19 June 1977. Boy, was the King bad that day! He is singing off-key on almost all of the songs and sounds tired and drugged throughout the show. The audio mix is also quite bad, Charlie Hodge is way too much up-front.

A little later I also gave the Rapid City show a spin. Elvis was much better than two days before, but still it's quite obvious that he's under the influence of something. His voice also sounds old and nasal at times and every now and then he's somewhat off-key. In total the show is not bad, but also certainly not a winner. The mix is not perfect, but better than on the first disc.

The artwork looks good, the booklet is well designed and the audio is fair. I have heared that it was taken from the DVD versions of the shows, at least it sounds very similar and also the editing is done the same way. Because Sony or FTD certainly won't release the concerts, I am convinced that this double disc is all we'll get.
Last edited by A. C. van Kuijk on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:51 am

Somehow I got a final-tour-flash and also listened to the very last concert the King ever gave. I had not given the disc a spin for quite some time now and I was surprised how good the show really was - at least when compared to other concerts Elvis gave in 1976 and 1977. He's obviously in a clear frame of mind and willing to please his audience. Of course not everything was great, the medley of "Teddy Bear" and "Don't Be Cruel" sounds lackluster and even contains a few false notes. "Hound Dog" is the other song that's completely driven against the wall. The third annoyance is the over-long introduction of the band, even though it's presented in a more entertaining way than usual. Considering it is 1977 Elvis sounds quite fresh and vital, the best performances are "Fairytale", "It's Now Or Never", "Release Me", "I Can't Stop Loving You", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Hurt".

The CD itself is very good. The sound is fine for a recording of that kind and the artwork is top-notch. So far I would consider "The Final Farewell" the best documentation of the King's last concert. :D

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Good summer festival 1973 show

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Good show yep..full version of Crying Time..you don`t have any of the imports..?

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/C/cryingtime.htm

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/V ... riety4.htm

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Good show yep..full version of Crying Time..you don`t have any of the imports..?

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... ngtime.htm

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... riety4.htm

I do Cisco, both of them... but was playing the cdr yesterday...
Now, it's this one.