Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:29 pm

I listened to discs two and three.

Smokin'!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm

EPCD171.jpg

Disc 2 - Dallas. One of my favorite concerts of all time. Good setlist, Elvis in good voice, shape and having tremendous fun. I love when he says:...If I die tonight, It will take a year to take out the smile off my face." Polk Salad Annie is on the top 3 of my favorite versions.
The FTD verion is the one to go. Beautiful artwork, better sound and a more pleasant edit of You Gave Me A Mountain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am

Now I really like this concert because you can also get a feel and a vibe of what the New Years Eve 76 songs sounded like in good quaility.

Burning Love

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:05 am

Yesterday I listened to and watched the dress rehearsal for ALOHA FROM HAWAII VIA SATELLITE. :D

Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:50 pm

The FTD "One Night In Vegas". Before that Shreveport '75 :D

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:58 am

On the weekend I gave SAN FRANCISCO BAY BLUES a spin. To me it's an average concert, but at least Elvis is in a clear frame of mind.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:57 pm

The midnight show may very well be the best sounding audience recording I've ever heard. There are soundboard recordings that do not sound this good.

Bravo, Straight Arrow.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:39 pm

A very enjoyable concert from one of my favorite seasons. Too bad it ended in such a sour note.
But the first half of the season is very nice.
This outing from FTD brings good sound and a variated set list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 am

Im listening to Elvis watching dreams turn into ashes from SA label.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:20 am

lvs4evr wrote:listened to this twice and find that the sound is more boomy- if that makes any sense , i guess more bass , although as soon as it starts you hear the hiss and then it fades into 2001 theme. And where are the bonus tracks ??? I have e mailed my dealer and he tells me they were omitted- this will be the last time i buy anything from this label. Oh and the insert is very shitty and cheaply done. :x

i downloaded this cause i wanted to see if it was any different from the cdr i ave of this concert and i think the sound has improved and as the extra tracks i have it on mine unless someone has just added the songs but as it has already been said have they just copied the madison release as i didnt get a chance to get a copy of that release when it came out i dont know.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:21 am

The concerts I listened to were the Madison Square Garden shows as released on OPERATION BIG APPLE.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 am

Ann Arbor, MI - 4/24/1977

AtCazziesHouse.jpg

Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:55 pm

Typical 1977 show with good versions of My Way and Hurt.

Below average sound and not for everybody.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:54 pm

lvs4evr wrote:what a treat it is listening to this , and the sound is close to excellent , sounds like a real concert with ambience sound . ELVIS really put on a great show , i love this version of houndog - to me the best ever , great show loved every minute of it and will visit it again soon. :D

You've already had a chance to listen to "For God And Country" (?) OR did you just listen to the Hawaii '61 show as released elsewhere?

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:56 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
hm80ep wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:what a treat it is listening to this , and the sound is close to excellent , sounds like a real concert with ambience sound . ELVIS really put on a great show , i love this version of houndog - to me the best ever , great show loved every minute of it and will visit it again soon. :D

You've already had a chance to listen to "For God And Country" (?) OR did you just listen to the Hawaii '61 show as released elsewhere?

i heard the hawaii 61 show , and it sure is a tad better sounding than the vinyl release i had many.many yeras back , my dealer tells me that this set from mrs will be the best ever , and judging by the sound i don't doubt it.

The picture you posted gave the impression that that was the "For God And Country" Hawaii 61 cd release that you had listened to, that particular cd has not been released yet (if ever). That cd is not the MRS release.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 pm

The Welz wrote:The concerts I listened to were the Madison Square Garden shows as released on OPERATION BIG APPLE.

I've just listened to the evening show and the sound quality blew me away. I don't have the complete masters set and am used to the sound on my 1991 Elvis in the 90's Cd (ND90663). What an improvement by Venus!

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:Ann Arbor, MI - 4/24/1977

AtCazziesHouse.jpg

i have not listenned to this in long time , it's a great release though , think i'll give a spin again.

Yes indeed. I wish they could release the full show on soundboard, but the audience recording is really good for the period. It suits me just fine.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:41 pm

The February 19th midnight show was worth the price of the CD alone.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:19 am

Yesterday I gave the dinner show from August 20, 1975 another spin. Even though this concert was recorded during the cancelled ELVIS SUMMER FESTIVAL 1975 the King is in good spirits, fine voice and delivers a strong performance. He even included 4 songs from his current album TODAY.

A great show in great ar-quality! :D

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:44 pm

May 24th 1974 MS, Lake Tahoe.
This is one of my all time favourite concerts with Elvis in fantastic voice. I love the way Elvis interacts with the audience in this show, he seems to be in a great relaxed and humourous mood. There is no weak spot in this concert and their are excellent versions of Bridge, big boss man and Spanish eyes and a wonderful reprise of why me Lord.

This was one of my favourite import releases of 2011. It would be great if the dinner show with the rare inclusion of 'i'll remember you' gets released on soundboard sometime soon also.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 pm

BrianTCB wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:Ann Arbor, MI - 4/24/1977

AtCazziesHouse.jpg

i have not listenned to this in long time , it's a great release though , think i'll give a spin again.

Yes indeed. I wish they could release the full show on soundboard, but the audience recording is really good for the period. It suits me just fine.

A complete show edit, comprising of the multi-track, soundboard and audience component parts, would be my preferred release option.
Indeed, a careful and unique hybrid mix of the existing soundboard and audience tapes, would take the non multi-track sources to even greater levels.

Ann Arbor, Michigan, April 24, 1977

01 Also Sprach Zarathustra [audience]
02 See See Rider [audience]
03 I Got A Woman / Amen [audience]
04 Elvis welcomes the audience [audience]
05 Love Me [soundboard]
06 If You Love Me (Let Me Know) [soundboard]
07 You Gave Me A Mountain [soundboard]
08 Trying To Get To You [soundboard]
09 O Sole Mio / It's Now Or Never [soundboard]
10 Blue Hawaii (part) [multi-track]
11 Little Sister [multi-track]
12 Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel [multi-track]
13 Help Me [multi-track]
14 My Way [soundboard]
15 Polk Salad Annie [soundboard]
16 Band Introductions [audience]
17 Early Morning Rain [audience]
18 What'd I Say / Johnny B. Goode [audience]
19 Ronnie Tutt Solo [audience]
20 Jerry Scheff Solo [audience]
21 Tony Brown Solo [audience]
22 Bobby Odgin Solo [audience]
23 School Days [audience]
24 Hurt (with reprise) [soundboard]
25 Hound Dog [soundboard]
26 Unchained Melody [multi-track] *
27 Little Darlin` [multi-track] *
28 Can't Help Falling In Love [soundboard]
29 Closing Vamp [soundboard]

* Overdubbed "Moody Blue" album master

Perhaps Ciscoking could put the idea to Ernst????

Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Rob wrote:Image

The February 19th midnight show was worth the price of the CD alone.

Yeah, this was the last live Presley music I listened to as well. Prior to that, it had been at least a month since I had listened to any concert material.

Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am

Viva Las Vegas.