Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:24 pm

The audience definitely appreciated 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' on this one.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 pm

I felt threatened at least three times.

The audience definitely ate up 'Hurt.' Of the three times he did it, he never did go for the extra high note at the end. He did manage to pull off a decent version of 'An American Trilogy.' It was funny (again) to hear him say that he didn't want to miss Heaven on a technicality when a woman asked him for his necklace. There is also a woman during the first couple of songs that sounds as if she is very close to an orgasm. I hope she made it.

Not an outstanding show by any means, though entertaining and in very good sound.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Disc 2: Charlotte, NC, March 20th 1976 ES.
A good enjoyable show in great soundboard quality. This is one of my favourite shows from 1976, good solid versions of America, burning love, PSA, HGTA, hurt, and I love you so and a nice inclusion of heartbreak hotel. The bonus songs from 1977 are great too.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:39 am

:D ... I DID IT MY WAY....2005 release of the Green Bay 28.4.77 show by Memory records in Great Sound!~ :lol: His show isn't the best as noted by Sherril being brought into sing 2 songs straight after an Excellent version of Mountain.Despite this being a bit of a less good show Elvis's VOICE is excellent strong, rich and singing every song properly! i enjoyed the great sound so much i have l have listened to it 5 times in a row......as my FTD Promised Land hasn't arrived-yet~!
The Press in Green Bay trtied to bury Elvis after this show but compared to a later tour show such as Madison 77' this compares as a 'good show!~' certainly 'well sung' by any standard....pity he didn't sing more that night. :roll:

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:46 am

My last concert I listened was......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:48 am

Hi, Willem..how are ya... :smt006

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:58 am

Ciscoking wrote:Hi, Willem..how are ya... :smt006

It's weekend, so I'm doing great :D :smt006

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:09 am

Interesting set list, a committed performance plus better than average audience sound - making it a worthy addition for the live import collector.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:00 pm

One of my favouite FTDs. I love the sound quality of this cd, the TCB band and Elvis can be heard very clearly. IMO this is a great documentation of Elvis from 1977 which includes some fine performances.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Rob wrote:Image

I felt threatened at least three times.

The audience definitely ate up 'Hurt.' Of the three times he did it, he never did go for the extra high note at the end. He did manage to pull off a decent version of 'An American Trilogy.' It was funny (again) to hear him say that he didn't want to miss Heaven on a technicality when a woman asked him for his necklace. There is also a woman during the first couple of songs that sounds as if she is very close to an orgasm. I hope she made it.

Not an outstanding show by any means, though entertaining and in very good sound.

Just heard all of CD1 and the beginning of disc 2 last week and was very impressed ---once he finally got the show going! (I always cringe if he asks if it's day or night!)

The sound is impressive for an AR and there's something fresh about the Tahoe shows. I plan to finish it soon. (I usually like to hear it in one sitting before making a judgement.)

But the disc I really enjoyed this weekend (I forgot to finish the other one) was:

Thursday, August 30, 1973 Midnight Show at the Hilton Hotel, Las Vegas, NV

01. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider, 02. I Got A Woman / Amen, 03. Love Me, 04. Steamroller Blues, 05. You Gave Me A Mountain, 06. Trouble, 07. Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On / Your Mama Don't Dance / Flip Flop and Fly / Hound Dog, 08. Love Me Tender, 09. Fever, 10. Bridge Over Troubled Water (with reprise), 11. Suspicious Minds, 12. Introductions of singers, musicians, 13. My Boy, 14. I Can's Stop Loving You, 15. An American Trilogy, 16. Johnny B. Goode, 17. Introduction of daughter, Lisa Marie / Lady Of Spain (one liner), 18. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, 19. How Great Thou Art (with reprise), 20. Can't Help Falling In Love, 21. Closing Vamp

Both immediately rank with the better AR's - not top 20 but certainly edging into the Top 40, providing a fresh show with some unique aspects. Both are for hard-core fans only but are true beauties for those who collect the best concerts on CD with top-shelf presentation for a stellar "you are there" experience.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Yesterday I gave BACK WITH A BANG! another spin. One of the most enjoyable concerts of Elvis' later years. :D

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:15 pm

1977-5-23 - Funny How Time Slips Away - Straight Arrow

3rd Show from the penultimate tour - pretty good show, pretty good sound, last time Elvis sings Funny How Time Slips Away done earlier than usual in the set.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:40 pm

The Welz wrote:Yesterday I gave BACK WITH A BANG! another spin. One of the most enjoyable concerts of Elvis' later years. :D

My favorite post-1973 show...fine stelist and well-presented.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Go back to Tennessee, boy!

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:40 pm

How were the band solos?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:15 pm

"Alright, Okay, You Win" from Straight Arrow. Honestly, not really a bad concert (pity it's incomplete) in more than decent sound quality. All in all, a show that an audience recordings fan can enjoy.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Very enjoyable and listenable audience recording. The crowd starts applauding midway through "An American Trilogy" and gives him a fantastic ovation at the end. A superb version pulled off by the main attraction.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Big Boss Man

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:25 am

This one for me was the last one I listened to tonight:

Herecomethestars1a.jpg

Now listening to:

TheReturnOfProdigy1a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 pm

I actually didn't compare the two. However, I was pleased with the sound on the new disc and have removed the original from the shelf.

I'll probably give it away some day in the future.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:32 pm

lvs4evr wrote:
Rob wrote:Image

rob did you find much difference soundwise with this release, i sure did not the piano is still way up in the mix , and for some reason when i listen with my headphones on it sounds as though the tape has two much slack, found the original cd from king , much better for sound.

I have just listened to this one, too..

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:17 pm

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:28 pm