Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listend To Was?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 pm

I think the last one was Cd 2 In Person, great show and sound.

Have a nice week,
Alfred.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:35 pm

epf wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Today i've listened to the 2001 theme on An Afternoon In The Garden. But during See See Rider i stopped to play the disc.
???

There is no "See See Rider" on my "Afternoon In The Garden." They left it off of my copy.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:57 pm

Glad to hear that Rob, i was starting to wonder if my copy was the only one.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:17 pm

FTD's Boston Garden '71.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Last one I had on was Clsoning Show Feb 1970. A real blinder.

Yes, it is! One of my top 5 Elvis shows.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 pm

About a week ago I listened to the March 22, 1975 show on the Back With A Bang cd. This is probably my favorite show from the latter years.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:43 pm

FTD Dragonheart yesterday

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:19 pm

FTD: The Wonder Of You (probably the best sounding performance on cd)

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Rob wrote:
epf wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Today i've listened to the 2001 theme on An Afternoon In The Garden. But during See See Rider i stopped to play the disc.
???

There is no "See See Rider" on my "Afternoon In The Garden." They left it off of my copy.

I think we need a replacement program! :shock:

Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

midnightx wrote:FTD's Boston Garden '71.

Same here.

Not only is it a great performance by Elvis, but James Burton's electric guitar sounds absolutely FANTASTIC during this show. It really stands out.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Gabriel, I played Afternoon In The Garden and after the 2001 theme I listened to That's All Right Mama.... :D

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:42 pm

I can't remember which one I listened too last but in the last couple of weeks I've been through:

The Wonder of You FTD
'68 Comeback - both sit down and stand up shows (ie. discs 2 and 3 of the 4 CD boxset)
Aloha from Hawaii - 1997 remix
As Recorded at Madison Square Garden

The next one will likely be Boston '71 - when it eventually rocks up to my door.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Chicago '76! :)

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:57 pm

I just finished the new Duluth Revisited disc. Very good sounding audience recording by the way!

Nikki

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:02 am

Just a few minutes ago: Spring Tours..but I left it for one of my home made "Hollywood Ballads"! Now playing....Lonely Man ...into Sand Casteles...love it!

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:14 am

Just finished a true July'75 show: Niagara Falls.
Decent sound, decent show, but would this ever come out on soundboard, it won't be the FTD or bootleg of the year.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 am

Boston Garden '71 for me as well.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:35 am

Still to listen to Boston FTD,been too busy with other CD's but will give it a spin tomorrow.The last show I listened
to a couple of weeks ago was'

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:13 am

NikkiTCB wrote:I just finished the new Duluth Revisited disc. Very good sounding audience recording by the way!

Are you saying that it should be added to THE list?

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:37 am

I'm sure you will make the right decision once you hear it. LOL! It is really, really good sounding.

Nikki

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:49 am

My its been a long time 6-76, i love the sound on this one

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:12 am

The last full concerts I listened to back to back were FTD's "Showtime" and enjoyed them more than I had done in the past, excellent release ! haven't got the latest yet.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:00 am

golddredgewater wrote:My its been a long time 6-76, i love the sound on this one

Yes! I think this is one of the best sounding soundboards out there, no doubt. It's not a dry and lifeless affair as you can hear the band, Elvis AND the audience quite good and Elvis' performance is not bad, without offering any true highlights however. But it's enjoyable. It also includes a couple of intro tracks from the 16-10-76 show (Duluth, Minnesota) by The Sweets, so I guess that 16-10 show is still "out there" on soundboard ?

We already have the 14-10-76, 15-10-76 and 17-10-76 shows out or soon to be out on FTD, so this would complete the list. It would be strange that this show in between the other dates would not have been recorded in its (almost) entirety. I don't think it's out on any audience cd or cd-r either ? Of course the soundboard recorded intros of the band on the 17-10-76 show is available (thank God we have the boots) on Across The Country vol. 2. Nice to complement your FTD with.
Last edited by James27 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:53 am

Boston '71

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Aloha From Hawaii, last night.

I only put it on because I felt I *should* after finally buying the CD. I never had a copy of the soundtrack till recently, just the DVD. Very good sound IMO on the CD, but for me, Aloha has to be an Audio/Visual experience. The music alone, I find a bit tame in places, and Elvis' voice seems a bit too wobbly. Highlights for me are 'What Now My Love', 'I'll Remember You', 'My Way' and 'Burning Love'