Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Ciscoking

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Post by Ciscoking »

Rob wrote: Just visiting for the moment. Don't know if I'll stay or not..
Hi, Rob ..nice to hear from you again..ol fella...

:smt023

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

rollinson1

Post by rollinson1 »

After reading the superb post from Sergio Luiz. A great 1976 concert in great sound. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ELVIS PRESLEY - THE MOST UNDERRATED, UNDERUSED, WASTED TALENT OF ALL TIME

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:D San Francisco CD1 + 5 Eugene tracks from 'west coast tour 76' FTD.....pretty good sound`! :D

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Hans

Post by Hans »

Yesterday I played Fort Baxter's At Full Blast - I still consider this a great concert and a personal favorite for years, than DAE's Let Me Take you Home - a fun and entertaining concert, and finally DAE's Old Times They Are Not Forgotten.

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Just listened to the August 12, 1970 dinner show, released on the Legacy edition of TTWII. Great vocals, great humor, great show.

rlj

Domino

Post by Domino »

This is the last concert I listened to....

Image2.jpg

and this is the next concert I will listen to.

Image3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
ImageImage

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

I listened to "The Impossible Dream" last night. This FTD didn't receive too many positive reviews when it came out, so I never got around to buying it back then, saying to myself I'll maybe get around to it later. Well, 12 years have passed, and now I finally own it. While I understand the negative comments this FTD attracted, I am still impressed with some of Elvis' performances - he is in fine voice for sure. "That's All Right" rocks, on the verses on "It's Now Or Never" he sings like he did many years earlier, "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" sounds really nice until Elvis decides to wrap it up early.

Clearly, something was not quite right during some of the nights this season. He proudly says he got a grammy for "How Great Though Art" and then goes on to mess it up completely, it's a train wreck. I dislike it when Elvis jokes and messes around during the songs.

All in all, though, I like this FTD and I am glad I finally bought it.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

Very good show...

JohanD

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

This one. Elvis is in very good voice, and i really enjoyed hearing this one
highlights include ''If You Love Me Let Me Know'' ''You Gave Me A Mountain'' ''It's Now Or Never'' ''Little Sister'' ''That's All Right'' the very last version of ''Steamroller Blues'' ''Help Me'' ''Early Morning Rain'' and ''Hurt''.

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

midnightx

Post by midnightx »

I'll Remember You - FTD

SteamrollerBlues

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

January 26th, 1970 OS, from the fabulous FTD release 'The On Stage Season'. Sat down and just immersed myself in the music while reading through the booklet included. Great show, great FTD.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I've often wondered how Elvis could have a bad show on certain nights and bounce right back the next to give a pretty decent performance. I've seen entertainers who are consistent down through the years in thoroughly entertaining their audiences with dynamite performances. As we all know, as the years wore on, Elvis wasn't one of them. That said, this 1976 show (CD 1) is one of those rare instances in which Elvis could shine in a very dismal summer (or year). This is one of the best sounding CDs from the audience that is available, especially for a tour show. Though Elvis talks too much for my taste (and talks a mile a minute), the performances and his wit make the evening an enjoyable one. He teases the Stamps about their blue jean outfits saying his suit cost him $2900.00 and theirs was $1.98. When he introduced Sherrill Nielsen, he talks about his muscles and his sleeveless shirt, but says he can still whip Sherrill's butt. He stated he would be back in two days because he was playing Syracuse twice in three days. For many of you, an audience recording from the summer of 1976 is not something you'd care to have in your collection. For those of you who do collect such things, or are thinking about this one, go for it. Again, the sound is excellent and the performance is acceptable for the time period.

I calls them as I sees them.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

rollinson1

Post by rollinson1 »

Just gave this double Cd a spin( actually streamed to my new wireless headphones to try them out ).
Destination USA 1972.jpg
Love everything about this release. The booklet is fantastic with fans recollections. Love the rehearsal especially Steamroller, I can imagine it being a rehearsal to the first take in the studio, if only. I think 3000 South Paradise Road may be next.

ELVIS PRESLEY - THE MOST UNDERRATED, UNDERUSED, WASTED TALENT OF ALL TIME

Rob

Post by Rob »

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Rob wrote:Image

I've often wondered how Elvis could have a bad show on certain nights and bounce right back the next to give a pretty decent performance. I've seen entertainers who are consistent down through the years in thoroughly entertaining their audiences with dynamite performances. As we all know, as the years wore on, Elvis wasn't one of them. That said, this 1976 show (CD 1) is one of those rare instances in which Elvis could shine in a very dismal summer (or year). This is one of the best sounding CDs from the audience that is available, especially for a tour show. Though Elvis talks too much for my taste (and talks a mile a minute), the performances and his wit make the evening an enjoyable one. He teases the Stamps about their blue jean outfits saying his suit cost him $2900.00 and theirs was $1.98. When he introduced Sherrill Nielsen, he talks about his muscles and his sleeveless shirt, but says he can still whip Sherrill's butt. He stated he would be back in two days because he was playing Syracuse twice in three days. For many of you, an audience recording from the summer of 1976 is not something you'd care to have in your collection. For those of you who do collect such things, or are thinking about this one, go for it. Again, the sound is excellent and the performance is acceptable for the time period.

I calls them as I sees them.
Nice review Rob...it's good to see you back!

What did you think of the concert on the West Coast Tour '76 CD?

Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

From February 1970. Someone in the audience calls out a request for Double Trouble (!!!). Elvis doesn't comply...

ORION

Post by ORION »

I always take newspaper concert reviews with a grain of salt. However, in listening to the afternoon show from Nassau coliseum in Uniondale, NY - I totally agree with the reviewer John Rockwell in his NY Times review: "When he is putting out as he did Saturday afternoon, reaching for the top notes and shaping phrases with the same easy individuality that has always marked his best work, he is still the king."

Amen, John. Great show, but obviously the best was yet to come in a few hours on that July Saturday in 1975.
scan0130.jpg

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

The reviewer hit the nail on the head.....what a show !!!

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Ciscoking wrote:The reviewer hit the nail on the head.....what a show !!!
They were 2 amazing shows by Elvis. His voice was powerful and the shows were entertaining. The set list was outstanding especially the surprise of "You'll Never Walk Alone" at the evening show. He proved he could still deliver the goods even in 1975!

rlj

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

rlj4ep wrote:
They were 2 amazing shows by Elvis. His voice was powerful and the shows were entertaining. The set list was outstanding especially the surprise of "You'll Never Walk Alone" at the evening show. He proved he could still deliver the goods even in 1975!

rlj
Absolutely...one of my fave shows ..just love them and heard them so many times...I am still fascinated... ::rocks

elvisjock

Post by elvisjock »

Louisville, 5/21/77, yesterday. Just because.

You know that nonsensical exclamation he makes in Rapid City? Sounds something like "Blubbaware!" He says it in Louisville, too. What does it mean? "Fear the fat?"

I hear Rosemarie Leech's voice on the tape. After My Way, she says something like "That's why your an Elvis fan!"

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Rob

Post by Rob »

elvisjock wrote:You know that nonsensical exclamation he makes in Rapid City? Sounds something like "Blubbaware!"
?

Later, he asks, "Is there any way for him to get up here?"
Last edited by Rob on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Ciscoking wrote:
rlj4ep wrote:

rlj
Absolutely...one of my fave shows ..just love them and heard them so many times...I am still fascinated... ::rocks
I have the same kind of experience. Each time I hear an Elvis show, no matter how times I listen to a particular show, I hear something new, something I didn't hear before.

rlj

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

I listened to, "Houston, We Have a Problem",I had never had the nerve to play it b4, but it was DEVASTATING, to me personally.

My heart is still broken ...

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

High spirits in Vegas - September 2 1973 Midnight show!
cover1.jpg
cover2.jpg
a good and fun show! really enjoyed it, and in lovely soundbooth quality sound!

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets