Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:46 am

Destination U.S.A for the 3rd time.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 am

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 pm

The Vegas Years Volume 1.
March 31 1975, MS

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Nevada Nights.
phpBB [video]

Last edited by Johnny2523 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:15 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Three times in as many days... " Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" legacy edition .... Excellent! Love this new edition...

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:54 pm

High Spirits In Vegas - September 2 1973 Great show, long for this period running at 68 minutes. Elvis says ''The hilton likes us to stay on for 50 minutes to an hour... But we don't care what they like!''. Great versions of My boy, a rocking big hunk (with kick ass solo) After that a great applause and elvis asking if they want more, and says allright, Lets do release me!.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:29 am

JEFF d wrote:Image

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:39 am

Sold Out! disc 2. Nice version of Bridge!

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:58 am

Prince from another planet - June 10th 1972 AS

followed by:

Elvis: Recorded live on stage in Memphis (FTD)

Two wonderful concerts by the king and both of them are in my top 10 favourite Elvis shows (69-77).

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:16 am

CD 3: February 18/19 - 1970 Dinner Show's

Absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed every track.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:30 am

April 18th 1972, love this show.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 am

memphisound wrote:April 18th 1972, love this show.

I like the other three On Tour shows better. Red Hot In Richmond is aptly named.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:13 am

Revisiting this classic import
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:28 pm

getting down to buisness
31 august 1973, DS

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:07 pm

February 14, 1973, Dinner Show

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me

Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Asheville NC - July 22 1975.....

Really good show with rare songs. Elvis is in a good mood. "Amen" on this night lasts around 3 min.lol Elvis has a nice big gospel sing along. This is probably the longest version he ever did. I always liked it when he did it this way. You felt like u were in church.:). "Whe Me Lord" sounds like it was not planned and Elvis does the spoken part that JD usually did. Again it Might be the only time Elvis ever did that. Elvis says he would like to do a song off his new album that he does not know the name of. Charlie tells him its called "Today" and then Elvis does a rare live version of "Shake A Hand". The band were obviously surprised by this because it takes them a bit to get the song going. But once they do Elvis does a really nice version of it. "Memphis Tennessee" sounds like it may have been a audience request. They don't really know the song and it only lasts a minute and half. After "Polk Salad Annie" Elvis leaves the stage and hands the intros over to JD. Elvis returns in time for "T.R.O.U.B.L.E and afterwards explains he had to go to the bathroom and jokes it is not easy doing that wearing a jumpsuit which gets big laughs from the crowd. Near the end of the show Elvis explains that he has known JD for about 16 years and he enjoys being on stage with him and apparently gives him one of his rings. Again a great show. No real complaints other than a short version of "The Wonder Of You". The show lasts almost 90 min (86 min). The sound is pretty good. You can't hear everything Elvis says but its still good. If only we had this on soundboard....

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Big Boss Man (+ reprise)
Why Me Lord? (Elvis sings the whole song)
Love Me
If You Love Me Let Me Know
Shake A Hand (+ 4 False Starts)
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Hound Dog (+ 1 False Start)
The Wonder Of You (short version)
Memphis Tennessee
Funny How Time Slips Away (+ reprise)
Polk Salad Annie
"Elvis Leaves The Stage"
- Band Intros and Solos-
Johnny B Goode
- Band Intros and Solos-
Hail Hail Rock N Roll
"Elvis returns to the stage"
T.R.O.U.B.L.E
Its Now Or Never
How Great Thou Art (+ reprise)
Burning Love
Let Me Be There
Heartbreak Hotel
Little Darlin
Mystery Train/Tigerman
Can't Help Falling In Love

Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:02 pm

DEH wrote:Asheville NC - July 22 1975.....

Really good show with rare songs. Elvis is in a good mood. "Amen" on this night lasts around 3 min.lol Elvis has a nice big gospel sing along. This is probably the longest version he ever did. I always liked it when he did it this way. You felt like u were in church.:). "Whe Me Lord" sounds like it was not planned and Elvis does the spoken part that JD usually did. Again it Might be the only time Elvis ever did that. Elvis says he would like to do a song off his new album that he does not know the name of. Charlie tells him its called "Today" and then Elvis does a rare live version of "Shake A Hand". The band were obviously surprised by this because it takes them a bit to get the song going. But once they do Elvis does a really nice version of it. "Memphis Tennessee" sounds like it may have been a audience request. They don't really know the song and it only lasts a minute and half. After "Polk Salad Annie" Elvis leaves the stage and hands the intros over to JD. Elvis returns in time for "T.R.O.U.B.L.E and afterwards explains he had to go to the bathroom and jokes it is not easy doing that wearing a jumpsuit which gets big laughs from the crowd. Near the end of the show Elvis explains that he has known JD for about 16 years and he enjoys being on stage with him and apparently gives him one of his rings. Again a great show. No real complaints other than a short version of "The Wonder Of You". The show lasts almost 90 min (86 min). The sound is pretty good. You can't hear everything Elvis says but its still good. If only we had this on soundboard....

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Big Boss Man (+ reprise)
Why Me Lord? (Elvis sings the whole song)
Love Me
If You Love Me Let Me Know
Shake A Hand (+ 4 False Starts)
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Hound Dog (+ 1 False Start)
The Wonder Of You (short version)
Memphis Tennessee
Funny How Time Slips Away (+ reprise)
Polk Salad Annie
"Elvis Leaves The Stage"
- Band Intros and Solos-
Johnny B Goode
- Band Intros and Solos-
Hail Hail Rock N Roll
"Elvis returns to the stage"
T.R.O.U.B.L.E
Its Now Or Never
How Great Thou Art (+ reprise)
Burning Love
Let Me Be There
Heartbreak Hotel
Little Darlin
Mystery Train/Tigerman
Can't Help Falling In Love

With some PC skills one could make a nice live disc... :wink:

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 pm

An Afternoon in the Garden. Fantastic.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:High Spirits In Vegas - September 2 1973 Great show, long for this period running at 68 minutes. Elvis says ''The hilton likes us to stay on for 50 minutes to an hour... But we don't care what they like!''. Great versions of My boy, a rocking big hunk (with kick ass solo) After that a great applause and elvis asking if they want more, and says allright, Lets do release me!.

IIRC, that comment was officially released on this 1974 LP:

Having Fun With Elvis On Stage | elvisrecords.us
Image courtesy of the essential Elvis record research database: elvisrecords.us

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:53 pm

DEH wrote:Asheville NC - July 22 1975.....

J.D. Sumner was on stage for "Why Me Lord," but refused to sing his part as a way of conveying his deep disappointment regarding Elvis' rampant unprofessionalism on the July 1975 tour, notably his nasty comments to singers Kathy Westmoreland, the Sweet Inspirations and Bill Baize. This is also why Presley gives him a ring, as a way of apologizing to the legendary gospel bass singer.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 pm

8/26/69 MS - "All Shook Up"

This is easily my favorite of the 1969 releases - loose as an untied shoe, the band is rocking, and Elvis is clearly having a great time.

Add in the infamous laughing version of "Are you lonesome tonight" and we've got a real winner.

Probably the 40th time I've listened to this one - love it.

Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:33 am

Elvis As Recorded Live In Madison, MI, June 24, 1977

Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:19 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:High Spirits In Vegas - September 2 1973 Great show, long for this period running at 68 minutes. Elvis says ''The hilton likes us to stay on for 50 minutes to an hour... But we don't care what they like!''. Great versions of My boy, a rocking big hunk (with kick ass solo) After that a great applause and elvis asking if they want more, and says allright, Lets do release me!.

IIRC, that comment was officially released on this 1974 LP:

Having Fun With Elvis On Stage | elvisrecords.us
Image courtesy of the essential Elvis record research database: elvisrecords.us

I believe you are correct. I remember hearing that there, too.