Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Image

Bruce Jackson gave me his copy of this CD at his apartment in East Sydney. I didn't have the heart to tell him I got it years before. He was a really generous, and unselfish guy. He knew who provided the copy of his tape.

That's a nice story Jim Dandy, thanks for sharing.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:04 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:Image

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, August 30th 1976, ES.

The sound from this concert is excellent for a soundboard, and this is one of my favourite bootleg releases.

I have always been very fond of this concert because in my opinion, Elvis is in strong voice for 1976 and the whole concert is strong throughout. I particularly enjoy if you love me, you gave me a mountain, and I love you so (my favourite live version), jailhouse rock (strong version for 1976), fever, America the beautiful, love letters (my favourite live version), hurt, hound dog (funny version!), mystery train/tiger man (great version). In addition, I enjoy Kathy Westmoreland's 'my heavenly father' and Elvis' response is wonderful and touching.

Isnt this the concert where elvis sings ''Baby let me be your loving teddy bear.. what your pregnant?''

Yes Johnny it is, Elvis seemed to be in good spirits that evening :D

I'll have to listen to this show. I got it years ago but never listened to more than a few tracks.
Last edited by Mike C on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Mike C wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:Image

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, August 30th 1976, ES.

The sound from this concert is excellent for a soundboard, and this is one of my favourite bootleg releases.

I have always been very fond of this concert because in my opinion, Elvis is in strong voice for 1976 and the whole concert is strong throughout. I particularly enjoy if you love me, you gave me a mountain, and I love you so (my favourite live version), jailhouse rock (strong version for 1976), fever, America the beautiful, love letters (my favourite live version), hurt, hound dog (funny version!), mystery train/tiger man (great version). In addition, I enjoy Kathy Westmoreland's 'my heavenly father' and Elvis' response is wonderful and touching.

Isnt this the concert where elvis sings ''Baby let me be your loving teddy bear.. what your pregnant?''

Yes Johnny it is, Elvis seemed to be in good spirits that evening :D

I'll have to listen to this show. I got in years ago but never listened to more than a few tracks.

Nice one Mike C :smt023

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Dallas Texas - November 13 1971 - Evening Show...

This show is even better than the one In Louisville a week before! The Highlights are "Proud Mary", "You've Lost That Loving Feeling", "Polk Salad Annie", "One Night", "How Great Thou Art", "Lawdy Miss Clawdy", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with a reprise, "Suspicious Minds" with the karate ending, and "The Impossible Dream". at the beginning of Lawdy Miss Clawdy he says "we know about 400 songs..we could be here until Tomorrow Night" . During "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" he encourages the audience to sing along. The only negative i guess is that he jokes around too much during Are You Lonesome Tonight?..."Are You Lonesome Tonight...Does Your Wig Look Afright" but the fans ate it up. He started the song off cool singing "Are You...." and the crowd goes nuts. He then repeats "Are You.." with more screams. He really knew how to get the crowd going. Great show. :D

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
Proud Mary
Love Me Tender
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental break"
Turn Around, Look At Me (a couple lines only)
Love Me
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
One Night
Are You Lonesome Tonight? (with 4 False Starts)
Hound Dog (slow/Fast)
How Great Thou Art
-Band Intros-
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Bridge Over Troubled Water (with reprise)
Suspicious Minds
"Turn The House Lights Up"
Funny How Time Slips Away
The Impossible Dream
Can't Help Falling In Love

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:22 pm

I agree completerly with you DEH, the 13th es in Dallas'71 is stunning.
Even if its pretty hard on ears soundwise, it's a perfect example of what Elvis could do on this tour.

At the moment i'm playing this one, a rocking Vegas show.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 pm

This is the show that Brenda Lee attended and she gets introduced by Elvis.. but its not the MS it`s the DS of that day. You have a wrongly dated cd-r. Here`s the real Mac Coy..don`t like it too much..though..

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/i ... yyoudo.htm

Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:14 am

I have just been listening to the legacy Madison Square Garden CDs.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:19 am

FTD "High Sierra" , great show!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:54 am

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:48 am

This is not one of Elvis' best concerts, but he tried to entertain his fans and even sang DANNY BOY.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 am

Opening Night, January 26, 1970 as presented on the "On Stage Season" FTD - "True Love Travels On A Gravel Road" alone makes this concert essential and special for me.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 pm

After months of no performing, this season Elvis sounded outstanding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 pm

If you have the chance,..hear this silver disc of this fine show...

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/m ... nevada.htm

Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:28 am

Boston Garden - 11/10/71 - as released on FTD's "Elvis - As Recorded at Boston Garden"

The crowd that night was loud and ready for action - love Elvis' performances of "I'm Leavin", "Polk Salad Annie", and especially "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:02 am

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Return of the Prodigy...

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 pm

Despite the ugly cover , this cd is great!

Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Not a concert but a rehearsal, August 4 1972 to be exact. FTD: 3000 South Paradise Road.
I wrote a review:

3000 South Paradise Road (CD 2 the rehearsal) Review by Johnny while listening to it..

You dont have to say you love me - It's a great version, the tempo is great and elvis seems to be in great voice, elvis notes after the song that the sound is a bit ''tinny''.

Until It's Time For You To Go - Elvis jokes ''If i don't start singing during the first bar, just do it again.. if i don't start singing there it means im not goin to!'' haha.. Then he does quite a lovely version of this song, but does make the occasional joke like ''We'll Make a Space In Your Teeth, That we plan''. But it's still a great version.

You've lost that lovin' feeling - While there's a bit of feedback during the bass intro, this version is great!. Elvis really belts it out! The tempo is not to fast and not to slow. I always liked the 1972 versions better than the 1970 versions. This is certainly a highlight!.

Burning Love - Now this song is rehearsed here, but didnt make it to the setlist in August/September. It wouldn't return to his live shows until November. Elvis vocals are pretty much the same as on the March '72 rehearsals, It's fun to hear, and ofcoarse another highlight. It's great to hear jerry scheff his bass more upfront!. An extended ending is very enjoyable and reminds me of the greensboro performance where they didnt know how to end it!. Elvis himself even tells about it after the song is over!. Elvis even does a reprise of the ending!Great version!.

What Now My Love (Version 1 & 2) - The pacing is slower then aloha, and later in 1973 it would be even faster. Elvis is in great vocal here, and i've always loved those august versions of this song. Those 2 versions are real highlights!. Elvis does an excerpt of a big hunk o love after the second version.

My Babe - Now here's something different!. My babe was being prepared (And did make it to the show, a few hours after this rehearsal. Elvis vocal is ofcoarse not how it was like in 1969 (not even as good as the live version from this very same day) But it's ofcoarse a rehearsal. It's enjoyable and runs longer because it includes a James Burton Solo!. Another Highlight.

For The Good Times - Beautiful version, Elvis is serious through out the entire song, I can't say anything else but beautiful. It's just great!

True Love Travels On A Gravel Road - Now here is something new!, not having been performed since January 26 1970, The song returns, But only during rehearsal, sadley elvis didnt perform it live during this season or any other for that matter. I don't understand why, as elvis sounds in great vocal! the pacing is a bit slower, which is a nice touch!. Oddly enough elvis would also rehearse ''Any Day Now'' 1 or 2 days before this rehearsal (Which don't sound any different then the 1969 studio version! Elvis vocal is great on it!). Back to this song, elvis really performs this beautiful, and serious!. If only he had chosen to do it live, atleast once!. Another Highlight.

Fever - The august 1972 season featured the first live versions of ''Fever'', and this version is longer then the live versions!. Elvis sings every lyric and it's great to hear note this track runs close to 5 minutes!. Instead of singing ''Cats where born to give you fever'' Elvis sings ''We where born to give you fever''. Great version.

Blueberry Hill - At first thought when i heard about this release, I thought this was goin to be a short version a la Memphis '74. what a fool i was. Elvis here performs actually the whole song! (except that he messes up some lyrics because he hadnt been singing it for quite awhile). This is a great version nonetheless. Again this would not been done live, Until ofcoarse the short versions of 1974 paired with ''I Can't Stop Loving You''

Little Sister - The first few lines are missing (because of tape change), but this is a great version! at a slower pace (actually more the pacing of the 1977 versions) Elvis vocals are great, Get Back doesn't get mentioned, But elvis does sing it. Great Version!.

I'll Remember You - Elvis does an excerpt of Alfie (Like he did with most versions in 1975). This song hasnt been performed since June, Elvis seems a bit distracted, This song has a false start. when the song starts again, Elvis does a beautiful version.

An American Trilogy - I hear an organ which i hadn't heard before, it's a bit far away, but with headphones on you can hear it. Very nice touch. Elvis vocals are great to. I can't help but feeling very at ease when elvis sings the line ''So hush little baby don't you cry, You know your daddy is bound to die, but all my trials lord, will soon be over'' in 5 years and 12 days they would be over. This is a great version and another highlight.

Something - Another song that was last performed in june and wouldn't be on the setlists again until 1973. Elvis vocals on here are in fine form, i've always liked elvis version of this song. Another highlight (Atleast for me it is)
Faded Love - Introduced as faded sex, haha. and some other jokes between the band and elvis. This song wouldn't be performed live until February 15 1973. This is a great version!. Always liked this song. Elvis does forget a few lyrics and jokes a bit, however this is still real fun to hear!.

You Gave Me A Mountain - A song that elvis always performed well live on stage up until his very last concert. This version is no exception, It's beautiful
I'm Leavin' - Not performed since November '71 to my knowledge, this version is great, always liked the live versions better then the studio version. This version is great!.

My Way (Version 1 & 2) - This CD ends with 2 versions of My Way, A new song. The first live versions where done in this season, And while elvis still is figuring the song out, By the last few weeks of this engagement elvis got it nailed down, and would continue to do this until the last tour of 1977. Just like ''You Gave Me A Mountain'' Elvis always performed this song greatly. Version 1 includes some false starts and even a excerpt of ''Don't''! Version 1 is great, version 2 includes some mumbling with elvis forgetting some words. However his voice is in great shape.

Conclusion: This is a great unreleased rehearsal, thanks to FTD we can now enjoy it!. And it includes several highlights and rareties!. The sound is okay, It's certainly better then some audience recordings. Buy it when you can!.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:30 am

I'm loving Echoes of Aloha despite EP's obvious sinus infection (something that cropped up a lot in 1976), the poor ol' "sick hound dog". so "don't let a good voice die"!

Hearing the reaction of the people near the recorder is just great, and the guy in the back ground who yells "bravo" at the end of What Now My Love just adds so much to the listening experience.

Good work Audionics.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:53 am

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:03 pm

The afternoonshow from Tupelo 1956,a truly great one!!

Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 am

Oakland Cal - November 10 1970......

This is a okay show. It should be better for this time period though. Elvis intros himself as Johnny Cash. He performs about 1 minute 20 seconds of a under rehearsed version of "Proud Mary". he cuts it off and introduces CCR which is cool. There are some Highlights like "You've Lost That Lovin Feelin", "Polk Salad Annie", "How Great Thou Art" (the very first live version), a complete version of "The Wonder Of You" which was rare for this time (He usually did the short version) and "Suspicious Minds". But he also gives a short version of "Sweet Caroline", and races through the oldies faster than ever before.lol. "Tigerman" is about 1 min long, "Heartbreak Hotel is about 1 min long, Blue Suede Shoes is around 47 seconds, and Hound Dog is around 65 seconds. Wow. Did Elvis have some place else to be? and on top of it all "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is not as great as it usually is. Unfortunately the taper didn't get the whole song but the song gets a false start and Elvis and the band seem to screw something up and Elvis starts the song singing "feeling small....missing the the beginning of the song. weird. Its Elvis in his prime but he seems to think that he is only allowed to be on stage for 50 min like in Vegas at the speed he is going. :roll: Its not a horrible show by any means. The Highlights are great but the negatives stand out too.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
I Walk The Line (intro Only)
Tiger Man
Proud Mary (short incomplete version)
Elvis intros Creedence Clearwater Revival
Love Me Tender (+ 1 False Start)
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
Sweet Caroline (short version)
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin
Polk Salad Annie
-Band Intros -
Johnny B Goode
-Band Intros_
How Great Thou Art (+ reprise) (first live version)
The Wonder Of You (complete version)
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Hound Dog
Bridge Over Troubled Water (+ 1 False start)
Suspicious Minds

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:58 am

November 11 1970 - Portland OR.....

Good Show with similar negatives. Elvis intros himself as Johnny Cash and jokingly says its great being in Oakland. and adds that the last time he played here Tom Jones was just learning to do this jazz. The Highlights of the show are "You've Lost That Lovin Feelin", "Polk Salad Annie", "Johnny B Goode", "How Great Thou Art", "Suspicious Minds" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water". The negatives are short versions of "Sweet Caroline" and "The Wonder Of You". If he was going to do short renditions of these 2 songs he might as well have not done them. No? great sound on this show as everyone knows. The show lasts about 50 min. he should have been at least doing 1 hour shows on this tour.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
I Walk The Line (intro only)
Tigerman (intro only)
Love Me Tender ( + 1 False Start)
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (+ 1 False Start)
Sweet Caroline (short version)
You''ve Lost That Lovin Feelin
Polk Salad Annie
-Band Intros-
Johnny B Goode
-Band Intros -
Blueberry Hill (2 lines only)
"Turn The House Lights Up"
How Great Thou Art
The Wonder Of You (short version)
Heartbreak Hotel (2 False Starts Only)
How Great Thou Art (1 line only)
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Hound Dog (+ 2 False Starts)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (+ 4 False Starts)
Suspicious Minds

Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:13 am

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/turningup.htm

JEFF d
EP fan