Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:02 am

echoes of aloha

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 am

Makaveli wrote:echoes of aloha

That's a great title for an import CD that covers one of Elvis' shows from the Jan/Feb 1973 Las Vegas engagement :lol:

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:10 pm

A short (47 minutes) show, but a very enjoyable one.

Cool to hear "Can't help falling.." so early in the setlist.
Soundwise not the best, but i heard a lot worse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:36 pm

flamingstar81 wrote:
Makaveli wrote:echoes of aloha

That's a great title for an import CD that covers one of Elvis' shows from the Jan/Feb 1973 Las Vegas engagement :lol:

Yeah i really liked the show.
But today i got a new cd that is actually old ;)
Just finished listning to it:

Little darlin july 13 1975

I like those shows in 75.they are strong :D

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:58 pm

I love this concert it is soooooooo good!

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 am

Nice upbeat show, this tour was above the rest that followed 1977 for the most part, but still, some fine performances done by Elvis. Highlights for me My Way, and It's Now Or Never.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:48 am

Shreveport June 7 1975 (FTD Another Saturday Night).

Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:57 am

Just finished listening to the Aloha Rehersal Show and now I am listening to the Aloha concert.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:01 am

this is a fun cd,i love it

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:45 am

living from day to day chasing a dream... the SA 22.2.73 D/S,M/S and partial 21/2/73 D/S not bad shows at all!~ :P

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 am

Such a rockin' release from my favorite engagement. C C Rider never sounded so cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:25 am

1st sit-down show (2nd CD from "Memories" - 1998)

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:16 pm

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:23 pm

I gave the good, old DRAGONHEART a spin. Elvis seems to be under the influence of some uppers, he talks fast and sometimes screams more than he sings. I guess the people in the arena thought it was a good, upbeat show, but to listen to the recording was not a pleasant experience. Especially compared to the album ELVIS RECORDED LIVE ON STAGE IN MEMPHIS the DRAGONHEART release is a letdown.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Slippin' 'N' silden' with Elvis , Lake Tahoe, 30 of april 76, not the best sound, but an ok concert. But the bonus songs !! Try finding this, and listen to "such a night" from Atlanta December the 30, it is crazy good, it shows me that he could still rock whenever he wanted to. PLEASE a soundboard of this, if not for the show, then just for this one song !!

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:58 pm

I ran across an edited video/audio on YouTube of Madison Square Garden, don't remember which show. Blue jumpsuit?

Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:18 pm

I very much enjoyed this show, classic boot too...

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:02 pm

keeping them warm - august 22, 1972 ms

Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:17 pm

alanfalk wrote:Slippin' 'N' silden' with Elvis , Lake Tahoe, 30 of april 76, not the best sound, but an ok concert. But the bonus songs !! Try finding this, and listen to "such a night" from Atlanta December the 30, it is crazy good, it shows me that he could still rock whenever he wanted to. PLEASE a soundboard of this, if not for the show, then just for this one song !!

Goes even better with footage :D
phpBB [video]

Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:44 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
alanfalk wrote:Slippin' 'N' silden' with Elvis , Lake Tahoe, 30 of april 76, not the best sound, but an ok concert. But the bonus songs !! Try finding this, and listen to "such a night" from Atlanta December the 30, it is crazy good, it shows me that he could still rock whenever he wanted to. PLEASE a soundboard of this, if not for the show, then just for this one song !!

phpBB [video]

WOW , thanks a lot Johnny,,that was very nice of you. Wouldn't it be great with a cd with all the best versions of 50' songs, sung in the 70'(+69) ? This one, a big hunk of love, Teddy bear (from jan. 70), Trouble, Trying to get to you, Mysteri train, That's all right, All shook up, Jailhouse rock, one night etc. I know we have the originals, but often the later ones had a different feel and sound to them, therfor I'm so greatful that we have these too.

Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:09 pm

alanfalk wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:

phpBB [video]

WOW , thanks a lot Johnny,,that was very nice of you. Wouldn't it be great with a cd with all the best versions of 50' songs, sung in the 70'(+69) ? This one, a big hunk of love, Teddy bear (from jan. 70), Trouble, Trying to get to you, Mysteri train, That's all right, All shook up, Jailhouse rock, one night etc. I know we have the originals, but often the later ones had a different feel and sound to them, therfor I'm so greatful that we have these too.

I agree, altough most of the oldies became trowaways in the later 70's some of them got still treated with respect most of the tim e(Trying to get to you, One Night, that's allright Mama, Mystery Train/Tiger Man, Trouble in 1973.) Does sound like a good plan!. maybe an idea for FTD?

Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Goin back to Houston - disc 1 - june 4 1975

Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:32 pm

Tonight I listened to the wonderful Boston-performance on November 10, 1971. I decided to listen to Madison's release over the original Power of Zhasam and the official FTD. The sound is really clear as a bell and The King is in excellent form. There's lots of great singing and funny remarks, i'm sure everyone at the Boston Garden went home fully pleased. I'm Leavin' is superb and Suspicious Minds equally as good with adlibs and etc. Thanks for a great release Madison.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:26 am

The Alternate Aloha from the Aloha Legacy.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:01 am

Man that ending on Polk Salad Annie. Been along time since I've played this one all the way through and enjoyed it.