Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:13 am

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:21 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 pm

August 13 1970 - DS - Las Vegas...

As u know this is the show shown in the updated TTWII Dvd release with The "Red Ladder Suit". Really good show with a great setlist. He introduces himself as Fats Domino and talks about the suit saying it is snakeskin and jokes it wasn't easy finding a red snake. the highlights include "Don't Cry Daddy", "In the Ghetto", "Stranger In The Crowd", "Make The World Go Away", "Polk Salad Annie". At this time he was still doing complete versions of "The Wonder Of You". In a week or so he would shorten it. While it is a great show Elvis does sound a little tired compared to the amazing show the night before which is one of the best shows he ever did in the 1970s. Maybe that wore him out a little bit. He mentions that it is not easy getting up for The Dinner Shows. The only negatives are a shorter version of "I Just Can't Help Believin" and he screws up the beginning of "Sweet Caroline" because he forgets the lyrics and has to start over again. he also introduces Art Carney. The show lasts almost 70 min.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman
Hound Dog (with 1 False Start)
Love Me Tender (with 1 False Start)
Don't Cry Daddy
In the Ghetto
I Just Can't Help Believin
Stranger in The Crowd
Make The World Go Away
Sweet Caroline (with 1 false start)
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin
Polk Salad Annie
-Band Intros-
Elvis intros Art Carney
Elvis intros Millie Kirkham
The Wonder Of You
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
One Night
All Shook Up
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Suspicious Minds
Can't Help Falling In Love

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Evening show from A prince from another planet, this is an outstanding show newly mixed for (to my ears) a far better listening experience. Elvis really was on top form in these Garden shows and IMO would never reach such sustained heights again.
Whack it up loud and you will be entertained no matter how many times you have heard this show before...

Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:45 am

Been a long while so thought this was a nice one to come back to.,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 am

8/26/69 MS as released on "All Shook Up"

This now completes my 1969 portion of the chronological listen.

All Shook Up is definitely my favorite of the 1969 shows, with "Elvis at the International" a close second.

I'll be firing up Polk Salad Annie (2/15/70) next - I'm really enjoying this process - trying to keep notes on which shows I like the best and which tracks, etc.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:37 pm

JEFF d
EP fan

Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:40 pm

March 25,1961 Hawaii. Love this concert.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 pm

April 19 1972 Albuquerque Soundboard :-)

Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:43 pm

redeemed wrote:April 19 1972 Albuquerque Soundboard :-)

April 1st..you mean.. :wink:

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:03 pm

This (very) good sounding recording of the last Vegas show ever.
It's much better imo then the critics wrote about, in fact, i enjoyed it a lot.
A firing Littlle sister, a heartfelt My way, few request and Elvis in fine voice and spirit.

Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:44 pm

August 11 1971 - Las Vegas - DInner Show...

Really good show with some rare for 1971 performances. Lots of fun during this show. and some commentary from some woman near the recorder that tells u whats going on that makes it fun too. at the start of "That's Alright Mama" before he starts singing he stops the whole thing and says "That's it" which gets laughs before starting the song again. After "Polk Salad Annie" Elvis takes a breather to kiss the ladies when u start hearing laughs and shouts and the girl near the recorder says "Its a man with a wig on!!!...wtf??.... then a bit later u hear Elvis say "it was a wig" so something interesting must have been going on. Then at the beginning of "Its Impossible" there are a lot of laughs and u hear Charlie say..."I thought I saw a falling star" ?????? the laughs and joking ruin the first part of the song. During "Teddy Bear" he starts throwing teddy bears into the crowd and the girl says "Oh i want a teddy bear!! I love teddy bears!" .a great moment happens before "Hound Dog" when elvis does a couple lines of the song with a nice bluesy feel with just the Glen on the piano and u can hear the girl say "I like that!". then someone shouts something out and Elvis says "in the lounge with Redd Foxx" which gets laughs.

Next he does a Unrehearsed version of "Memphis Tennessee". its pretty good but Elvis does not know the lyrics. The girl next to the recorder says "he never does this song! I always wanted him too". after that a fan calls out for "Trying To Get To You" and Elvis does a great job. really belts it out. It's hard to believe he did not add this to his setlist until 1974!!!!! why???? Next is the funniest part of the show...some guy in the crowd complains that the show is too loud and Elvis responds..."Oh c'mon man your ears are too old!". :D love it. lol

The recording ends with "The Impossible Dream". now i don't know if that is just where the tape ends or if he actually ended the show with it. That would make it one of the very few times during that engagment where he didn't end it with "Can't Help Falling in Love".

The highlights of the show are "Polk Salad Annie", "Johnny B Goode", "Trying To Get To You", "I'm Leavin", and "The Impossible Dream".

That's Alright Mama (1 false start)
Proud Mary
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (1 False start)
Sweet Caroline
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental Break"
Johnny B Goode
It's Impossible
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On
Heartbreak Hotel
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Hound Dog (short Bluesy version)
Hound Dog
Memphis Tennessee
Trying To Get To You
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
I'm Leavin
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
The Impossible Dream

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 am

November 16 1970 - Oklahoma City OK....

Good show. Not as long as these shows should have been but its still good. A lot better than Seattle 1970. Elvis introduces himself as Johnny Cash and says the last time he played Oklahoma City he was a little baby. At one point he seemed to have the sniffles and asks for a Kleenex. after using it some girl wants it and he replies "You don't want that it's got germs in it" which gets a laugh. During "Polk Salad Annie" he does his Tom Jones, Glen Campbell routine and afterwards says if u do that song twice a night you won't have to worry about gaining any weight. He jokingly intro's James Burton being the best guitar player since Glen Campbell. Along with Polk Salad the other highlights are "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin", and especially "How Great Thou Art" which was a new song to the concert lineup. The only rare song in the lineup is "Blue Christmas" which is nice even though it wasn't rehearsed. Elvis introduces the Orchestra as being from Oklahoma. No Joe Guercio Orchestra on this night? The only negatives are that he does the short version of "The Wonder Of You" and jokes around at the beginning of "Bridge"..."When you're Weary...Feeling Bald". He also introduces it as being a beautiful song by Simon and Garfunkel which he rarely did.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
I Walk The Line (intro only)
Love Me Tender (false start only)
I Walk The Line (1 line)
Love Me Tender
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin
Polk Salad Annie
-Band Intros-
Johnny B Goode
-Band Intros-
How Great Thou Art (+ reprise)
The Wonder Of You (short version)
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
"Turn The House Lights Up"
Hound Dog
Blueberry Hill (1 line)
What A Friend We Have in Jesus (1 line)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (False Start Only)
Blue Christmas
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Suspicious Minds
Funny How Time Slips Away

Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Last Tango In Tahoe - May 27, 1974, Closing Show

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Spring Tours '77

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:49 am

Takin' Tahoe Tonight.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:33 pm

...listening to cd 2. I had this show on 'import' release before but this show is pure joy for an EP fan!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:39 pm

June 25 1973 - Pittsburgh Pa...

Really good show as most shows on this tour were. Elvis does not do a lot of talking or joking around just a really good show. He tells the audience that this is the first time he has ever performed In Pittsburgh and that he hopes they enjoy the show. u can hear that the crowd is overjoyed to have him. After the intros Elvis announces to the crowd that its' Colonel Parker's birthday. He then wishes him Happy Birthday and gives him the scarf he has on as a Birthday Gift. :D During "Fever" the whole audience claps along which really adds to the performance and sounds great. The version of Hound Dog here starts slow and ends fast like the ones in 1972 did. Not the throwaway version like he did in Aloha.the Highlights are "Steamroller Blues", "How Great Thou Art", "What Now My Love", "American Trilogy" and "Help Me Make It Through The Night". There are really no negatives to this show. :D

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Love Me Tender (with 1 False Start)
Steamroller Blues
You Gave Me A Mountain
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Rock n Roll Medley (Long Tall Sally/Shakin Goin On/Your Mama Don't Dance/Flip,Flop, Fly/Jailhouse Rock/Shake, Rattle and Roll)
I'm leavin
How Great Thou Art (+reprise)
Hound Dog
Fever
What Now My Love
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Elvis wishes The Colonel a Happy Birthday
I'll Remember You
I Can't Stop Loving You
American Trilogy
Johnny B Goode
Help Me Make It Through The Night
"Turn The House Lights Up"
Last edited by DEH on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:56 am

...giving this'un a listen this afternoon. It is in very decent sound(not the best) and pretty good show!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:32 pm

I know I've heard better sounding audience recordings, but I just can't remember when. Unfortunately, this is about the time that Elvis' voice started to act up, and it would last for the next few days. During "Hound Dog," Elvis sang, "You ain't nothing but a sick hound dog crying all the time. You ain't never caught the flu and you ain't no friend of mine." Still a nice show for those who were there.

A little annoying was the fact that it sounded as if someone at the table chose to tap their dinner fork on a glass rather than applaud after many songs. Had I been there, I probably would have stabbed him (or her) with my fork.

This release certainly made the list.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 pm

Rob wrote:I know I've heard better sounding audience recordings, but I just can't remember when.

It must be one of the recent Straight Arrows.which blessed us with glorious sound..and I have heard there was even more to come..

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:05 am

I enjoyed it, and the sound was pretty good for an audience recording.

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:25 pm

January 30 1971 - Las Vegas - Dinner Show...

This is a really good show and Elvis is in a really good mood. The Highlights of the show are "There Goes My Everything" which Elvis says is on his New Country Album , "Polk Salad Annie" minus the monologue, "Something", "How Great Thou Art", "Little Sister/Get Back, and "The Impossible Dream". The only negative is that he shortens "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin". he leaves out the "I get down on my knees for u" part of the song. When he intros Ronnie Tutt he jokes "On Tutt is Ronnie Drums".....The most out of the ordinary thing he does during the show is having The Orchestra do The 2001 Theme again after the intros. then Elvis jokes "That's how we part the red sea to the audience." near the end of the show he thanks Baron Hilton for something but u can't make out what he says. The shows lasts around 52 min.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman
"I Walk The Line" (intro only)
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (False Start Only)
Love Me Tender ( + 1 False Start)
There Goes My Everything
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin (shorter version)
Polk Salad Annie
-Band intros-
2001 Theme
Something
Elvis intros Kathy Westmoreland
Elvis Intros The Imperials
How Great Thou Art
Elvis intros Charlie Hodge
Blue Suede Shoes
Little Sister/Get Back
Hound Dog
"Instrumental Break"
Suspicious Minds
The Impossible Dream

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:23 pm

I know I am a day late and a dollar short but watching the Aloha Rehearsal concert at the moment, and the main event next. So nice to see this after so long.