Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

A. C. van Kuijk

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Post by A. C. van Kuijk »

After several years I gave this one a spin. Elvis is not as energetic as in 1969-1972, but still he deliveres an entertaining show with quite a few very good performances. A nice hour with a living legend. :)

Topic author
StefanKock1

Post by StefanKock1 »

the hampton roads concert front.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elvisjock

Post by elvisjock »

Dan_T wrote:
elvisjock wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:Elvisjock, that "barbbleware" was a reference to the Monty Python skit. Bruce Jackson told me it related to The Ice Cream Truck, but I've not figured out how unless it's about the fans in the background yelling out like the guy with the trolley is doing.
There's quite a few other times we can hear Elvis say it, and it's generally during the finale of Amen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps Bruce confused this with "Albatross?"
Can you please remind me of exactly where Elvis says "Blubbaware or Barbleware" cause that sounds like what I thought he said...also, he also says in a soundboard "its twue its twue" in a high voice, which I always thought he was referencing "Blazing Saddles" ?
It's during the I Got A Woman "wake myself up" bit, on Elvis In Concert. I can't recall the dates on the others.

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

A. C. van Kuijk

Today I've listened to this one. Considering the source the sound is very good and the show itself is a good one, too. Elvis seems to be awake and enjoying himself. :D

Topic author
StefanKock1

Post by StefanKock1 »

Listened to cd 1 of 'Charlie Bring Me The Request Box' yesterday and quite enjoyed this opening night show !

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

While not a "concert" per se, I listened to the FTD release of "This is Elvis." I had forgotten what a good release of Elvis music that was. I even enjoy the overdubs on some of the arrangements. The 2nd CD which was not part of the original release but a bonus from FTD, is nice to have as well. A nice listening experience.

rlj

Topic author
Stvimpe

Post by Stvimpe »

Not a concert, but I've been listening to EOT The Rehearsals from FTD - as well as from Madison. Really quite nice. Some surprises 'Young and Beautiful'. Too bad Elvid didn't perform it in concert, as least to my knowledge. Cool Johnny B. Goode as well. In fact, better than some of the rushed live renditions. The rehearsal is off course rather laid-back, but it's refreshing to hear Elvis perform with only the TCB band and the backings. I think it would have been a good idea for Elvis to perform at least a few intimate, 'stripped-down' tours each year (with only the TCB Band en the backings - without the Guercio Orchestra). Take some artists from today. Sometimes they play big arenas with their entire, full-blown band, sometimes they play smaller venues with a core band. Would have been nice for Elvis as well, I think. More variation, less repetition.

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Stvimpe wrote:Not a concert, but I've been listening to EOT The Rehearsals from FTD - as well as from Madison. Really quite nice. Some surprises 'Young and Beautiful'. Too bad Elvid didn't perform it in concert, as least to my knowledge. Cool Johnny B. Goode as well. In fact, better than some of the rushed live renditions. The rehearsal is off course rather laid-back, but it's refreshing to hear Elvis perform with only the TCB band and the backings. I think it would have been a good idea for Elvis to perform at least a few intimate, 'stripped-down' tours each year (with only the TCB Band en the backings - without the Guercio Orchestra). Take some artists from today. Sometimes they play big arenas with their entire, full-blown band, sometimes they play smaller venues with a core band. Would have been nice for Elvis as well, I think. More variation, less repetition.
Agree with you Stvimpe. According to the Elvis Concerts website Elvis sang "Young and Beautiful," at least in part, on November 12, 1971 in Houston, Texas; August 19, 1975 in Las Vegas, Nevada (midnight show); May 6, 1976, Lake Tahoe, Nevada (dinner show), and May 9, 1976, Lake Tahoe, Nevada (closing show).
http://www.elvisconcerts.com --- (and go the data base)

I agree with you that the inclusion of "Young and Beautiful" would have been a nice addition to his concerts.

rlj

Topic author
Stvimpe

Post by Stvimpe »

Thanks, rlj4ep, for pointing out the concerts where Elvis sang Y&B. I really appreciate it. Best wishes!

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

Stvimpe wrote:Thanks, rlj4ep, for pointing out the concerts where Elvis sang Y&B. I really appreciate it. Best wishes!
Your welcome. The November 12, 1971 and May 6, 1976 were excerpts of the song, I believe. The August 19, 1975 and May 9, 1976 performances were longer versions of the song. The Elvis Concerts website has wonderful information about Elvis' concerts.

Take care,

rlj

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

This Buffalo show from 1976.
Good sound an good performance: classic boot!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohanD

Topic author
StefanKock1

Post by StefanKock1 »

DSCN1270.jpg

The 1972-04-14 concert is great. Just got the Madison release of this show and the sound is as good as the performance ! As for the 1977-06-20 show it's another story. Nevertheless, this just might be Elvis's best concert from that last tour and although I prefer the set-list from June 21st I rate his performance higher on the 20th (lovely version of 'Help Me' and a great 'Unchained Melody' among others).

Johnny2523

Post by Johnny2523 »

StefanKock1 wrote:
DSCN1270.jpg

The 1972-04-14 concert is great. Just got the Madison release of this show and the sound is as good as the performance ! As for the 1977-06-20 show it's another story. Nevertheless, this just might be Elvis's best concert from that last tour and although I prefer the set-list from June 21st I rate his performance higher on the 20th (lovely version of 'Help Me' and a great 'Unchained Melody' among others).
And the last slow/fast version of hound dog ala '72 :D

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

Johnny2523 wrote:Image

This one. Elvis is in very good voice, and i really enjoyed hearing this one
highlights include ''If You Love Me Let Me Know'' ''You Gave Me A Mountain'' ''It's Now Or Never'' ''Little Sister'' ''That's All Right'' the very last version of ''Steamroller Blues'' ''Help Me'' ''Early Morning Rain'' and ''Hurt''.

i agree stereo sound and a decent performance.easily best sound i have heard from this show-maybe a tad 'distant' but still very good release¬!

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Topic author
Stvimpe

Post by Stvimpe »

StefanKock1 wrote:
DSCN1270.jpg

The 1972-04-14 concert is great. Just got the Madison release of this show and the sound is as good as the performance !.
Yes, it's wonderful, isn't? Great release. It's one of my fav '72 shows - as well as Hampton & Richmond.

minkahed

Post by minkahed »

"A Hot August Night" FTD !!!

Amazing.

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

memphisound
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.
Banned - Previously Banned Member Who Returned.

Post by memphisound »

Spring Tours 77 on my lunch break tonight.

PREVIOUSLY BANNED MEMBER "BRADM".

Topic author
StefanKock1

Post by StefanKock1 »

15.jpg
This is really a good show ! Together with Portland April 27th and Uniondale June 23rd (afternoon show) my favorite 1973 show.

jimbo27

Post by jimbo27 »

Best show of '71, IMO
What a shame we don't have a SB...yet?!

OnStage55
Mood:

Post by OnStage55 »

I have not listen to this show in a long time, it's very enjoyable.

I just did an album ladies and gentlemen called Elvis in Memphis, Elvis in Memphis, Elvis in Memphis, plugged 8)
Elvis says this at 54:15 right before singing True Love Travels On A Gravel Road.

Opening Night in Las Vegas - January 26 1970

All Shook Up
That's All Right
Proud Mary
Don't Cry Daddy
Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel
Long Tall Sally
Let It Be Me
I Can't Stop Loving You
Walk A Mile In My Shoes
In The Ghetto
True Love Travels On A Gravel Road
Sweet Caroline
Polk Salad Annie
Introductions
Kentucky Rain
Suspicious Minds
Can't Help Falling In Love

A. C. van Kuijk

After a ton of concerts from 1976 FTD took a bold step and finally released a concert from 1975. It's almost like listening to a different singer. Elvis is full of life and sings very well. Besides that, the repertoire is very good and includes a lot of his recent songs. :D

Rob
GodFather of FECC

Post by Rob »

Good contents and great cover shot.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Rob
GodFather of FECC

Post by Rob »

Pretty good shows in superb sound.

Recommended for those who collect such rubbish.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

Good show, decent sound.
I was in the mood for this after looking at the footage today...

JohanD

vinelvis

Post by vinelvis »

I listened to the September 5th 1970
ms. Great show, but the oldies are extremely rushed and Elvis didn't perform suspicious minds which is quite strange to me...