Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:22 am

August 21, 1969 from the Viva Las Vegas 2-CD release. Does it get any better than that?

rlj

Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I just gave Touchdown's latest outing a spin. Like all shows of the "Elvis Summer Festival 1971" the concert offers a fine selection of Songs and the King sings them well. The surprise of the evening was "I Just Can't Help Believin'", which is performed well after a false start. The Show is pretty good, the artwork of "Impossible" is great and the booklet well done. The only letdown is the audio, which can only be described as listenable. But for concert collectors I guess this one is a worthwhile Addition, simply because of the Performance of "I Just Can't Help Believin'".

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:12 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:Image
I just gave Touchdown's latest outing a spin. Like all shows of the "Elvis Summer Festival 1971" the concert offers a fine selection of Songs and the King sings them well. The surprise of the evening was "I Just Can't Help Believin'", which is performed well after a false start. The Show is pretty good, the artwork of "Impossible" is great and the booklet well done. The only letdown is the audio, which can only be described as listenable. But for concert collectors I guess this one is a worthwhile Addition, simply because of the Performance of "I Just Can't Help Believin'".

i agree, you also noticed the pitch changes a few times?

Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:32 pm

An oldie import... the opening night for his dec 1975 Vegas season

[*]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:06 pm

I have had "Only Believe" from Gravel Road for a few weeks and just got around to listening to it. Very good show with different songs and NO "See See Rider/I Got A Woman". Gotta love that. Packaging is beautiful.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:i agree, you also noticed the pitch changes a few times?

Yes, it sounds like a tape in bad condition.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:31 pm

3000 South Paradise Road

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Des Moines, Iowa, March 1974. Elvis's first concert in Iowa since 1956. He was in a fun mood and delivered a fun show. Audio wise not great but you can make almost everything out if you listen closely. This show appears on a number of lists that RCA recorded and I keep my fingers crossed that someday I'll see a proper release.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 pm

johngael wrote:Des Moines, Iowa, March 1974.

Don`t you mean June, 1974 ..June 20th to be more precise..?... :wink:

Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:16 am

Completely correct, Ciskoking. Thank you. I was going from (faulty) memory.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:08 am

You`re welcome... ::rocks

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:08 am

Another re-release of an old FTD-CD. Even though the recording did not sound too bad, VERVE has managed to improve the audio a little bit. Besides that, this one is accompanied by a nice booklet. Elvis obviously tries to save some energy and never really cuts loose. But still his performance is good enough and the set list includes some more or less rare songs. Keeping in mind that Elvis didn't have a year to live, it's a fine show.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Listened to the San Antonio '72 Close Up show yesterday. Don't listen to it enough considering I saw him the previous night in Little Rock. Good show...not as much cutting up as I've heard in other April '72 recordings.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:07 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:Listened to the San Antonio '72 Close Up show yesterday. Don't listen to it enough considering I saw him the previous night in Little Rock. Good show...not as much cutting up as I've heard in other April '72 recordings.

Do you agree with me the sound is flat for a 1972 multitrack?

How was the sound in the building in 1972??
Or is it hard for you to recall?

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 pm

Yes, it's much too flat for a multi-track recording for my taste. When it was first released, I was very disappointed.. At times it almost sounds "soundboardish". Would love to hear it sound more along the lines of the evening "Prince" MSG show.

Sound? Well we were in Row 3 so it was pretty damn good down there! Lol But Barton Coliseum is an oval arena, so the sound isn't nearly as full or uniform as it was in a circular venue like Memphis' MidSouth Coliseum.

Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:34 pm

I just listened to both concerts of the "Sold Out" set. The Tulsa-Show is just great. Elvis is full of energy, wastes no time and delivers a top-notch-Performance. The Audio is also very good, it definitely sounds much better than "48 Hours To Memphis". The Cleveland-concert is a step down, Elvis is talking and joking a lot more and also sings much sloppier than in March. The Show is entertaining, but not as tight as the first one. The Sound is also quite good, definitely better than the recordings issued with "Rockin' Across Texas" and "Fashion For A King".

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:02 am

Front1.jpg

front2.jpg

I listened to Sold Out first
Then to Hot August Night. Great releases!. altough the Sold out release was the one i enjoyed the most :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:20 am

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:Image

I just listened to both concerts of the "Sold Out" set. The Tulsa-Show is just great. Elvis is full of energy, wastes no time and delivers a top-notch-Performance. The Audio is also very good, it definitely sounds much better than "48 Hours To Memphis". The Cleveland-concert is a step down, Elvis is talking and joking a lot more and also sings much sloppier than in March. The Show is entertaining, but not as tight as the first one. The Sound is also quite good, definitely better than the recordings issued with "Rockin' Across Texas" and "Fashion For A King".

Fantastic to hear.
I have the set in the mailbox right now, which is a two minute travel from here.
But I save the joy for the weekend.

Always great to be able to listen to brand new 1974 concerts in good sound!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:37 pm

Same one here Rob :!:
A shame there is a different sounding source in the middle part, otherwise, fine sound.
Excellent (but short) show.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:40 pm

cd 2 :D
Front1.jpg

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:09 am

August 24, 1969 dinner show. AWESOME!!!

rlj

Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:45 am

rlj4ep wrote:August 24, 1969 dinner show. AWESOME!!!

rlj

So you are listening to the Live in Las Vegas set. Haven't played that set in quite a while.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Right now I am listening to CD 1 of "Sold out".
Yesterday I listened to "Hot August night", which I quite liked.