new years 76 soundboard

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Re: new years 76 soundboard

Post by Robert »

I wouldn't be too excited as the soundboard has the same sound quality as the Birmingham show. I think the audience recording is better.
But if the sound would be on the same level as "Dallas" it would be quite spectacular!

But I think Robt is right with his comment.

TONY
Registered for: 21 years

Post by TONY »

TCB-FAN wrote:The real issue now is for Ernst to locate the individual with the soundboard reel and pay the guy an xxx amount of dollars for it.

I would rather they do the same with the extant acetate recordings of "Rock around the clock" and "Little mama" as these are more historic and there is another Sun release on the horizon.

James27
Registered for: 21 years

Post by James27 »

To stay on topic, I'd be happy to re-buy the show on soundboard if one day it is released, against all odds, but I doubt it will be by FTD since they have already released the mediocre sounding NYE ( quote: "sizzlin' saucages" sound). I think that if all or even half of the 100s of shows mentioned did still exist on soundboard, many more would have leaked out by now, after all the owners don't live on the moon. And they are fully aware as to what they have, should they have something. They're not morons, those supposed owners of soundboard tapes. And they, "the Elvis soundboard hiders" are aware that the longer they wait, the more public and monetary interest will decline in their recordings. So what conclusion does that leave us with?

Speculation, blah blah woof woof. Proof ?

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.