Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:07 pm

I wonder if this one was inspired by Dusty Springfield's superb 1969 "Dusty In Memphis" album?

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:05 pm

Very nice topic! Red was the better one of the group, at least he showed interest in music and had a go at writing some decent songs. I read, that when Red was out on the road with Elvis in the beginning, it was Scotty Moore who showed Red a few guitar chords when they were travelling in the backseat of a car or in hotel rooms etc...must've been great times! So Red progressed from there.

Good topic, Doc. Apart from a few "off topic" comments, which always happens. You kept it on track by telling them to stay "on topic" good on you.

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:05 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:I wonder if this one was inspired by Dusty Springfield's superb 1969 "Dusty In Memphis" album?


Yes, Clark's sessions were 100% inspired by Springfield's work at American Sound.

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D

And he is not a bad singer either :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/14385581/file.html

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D

And he is not a bad singer either :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/14385581/file.html


Yes, even as far back as his first single:

Red West Debut Single --> A 1960 Novelty Record?
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59049

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D

And he is not a bad singer either :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/14385581/file.html


Yes, even as far back as his first single:

Red West Debut Single --> A 1960 Novelty Record?
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59049


Yes, I recall that topic, cool ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:38 pm

Thank you, Mike.

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Dusty in Memphis, but her vocals recorded in,.... New York!

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

drjohncarpenter wrote:Thank you, Mike.


You´re welcome Doc! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Good night, fellas. I will sleep happily tonight! :D

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re: Red West --> Songs for Elvis, 1962-1975 !

Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:39 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:I wonder if this one was inspired by Dusty Springfield's superb 1969 "Dusty In Memphis" album?


Yes, Clark's sessions were 100% inspired by Springfield's work at American Sound.

Thanks, Doc. I didn't even know her vocals were recorded in NY... :?