Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' TTWII movie

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:32 pm

I've had a real nice time running through my latest Version of TTWII on BR and DVD. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' is a great performance by Elvis in all the shows that august 1970 season. In the film, about 1:25 into the song Elvis misses the lyrics a bit, but changes quickly and moves on with the song. But, on record, that tiny little mistake is gone. Or, I've missed which show it was from. Looking at the suit, I though I was on about the 11th DS og 12th DS. But on the CD's that little mistake is GONE. Anyone? :)

Re: You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' TTWII movie

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 pm

It's been edited out on the TTWII box. The performance in the movie is an edit of two performances but I can't remember the dates.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:27 pm

The SE version was edited but the original 1970 movie version was not edited.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:36 pm

The original version is available in the WRITING FOR THE KING live Cd.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:28 am

The version used on the original album was from the 08/12/70 Midnight show, minus the reprise IIRC.

Best version ever.
IMO

Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks for the input folks! :)

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:The version used on the original album was from the 08/12/70 Midnight show, minus the reprise IIRC.

Best version ever.
IMO

The version from the original film is pretty awesome too.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Steve, it is indeed. That little one-line slip up might have been what kept it off the soundtrack album...still, great version.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:30 am

Just love the version in TTWII Blu/Ray version -> Elvis performs it so well with back toward audience, then his turn around has so much impact! Love it, love it, love it!

Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:28 am

Best ever version:
The rehearsal from August 10, 1970 found on "Elvis Aron Presley" boxset.

No annoying "This suite is too tight" :D

Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:32 pm

To Steve / Claus - the slight mistake (you ne....ere's no tenderness.....) is present in both the SE and original TTWII movies.

As others have said, a different version was used for the album, the 12th midnight version.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:09 pm

DarrylMac wrote:To Steve / Claus - the slight mistake (you ne....ere's no tenderness.....) is present in both the SE and original TTWII movies.

As others have said, a different version was used for the album, the 12th midnight version.

The only main mistake I am hearing loud and clear is when the voice cracks in the beginning, when he sings "there's not teEEEEnderness" - in the original movie there is not such mistake.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Fabbe - the mistake we're referring to is that in both movie versions, he almost sings the wrong line on the second verse. He starts to sing "you never close your eyes" again, then quickly changes to the correct line - "there's no tenderness....".

It ends up sounding like "you n'eres no tenderness....."

He's corrected his error really quickly.

It's a bit like the one in I Just Can't Help Believin, where he ends up singing "when she smiles and whispers her magic....."

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Fabbe wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:To Steve / Claus - the slight mistake (you ne....ere's no tenderness.....) is present in both the SE and original TTWII movies.

The only main mistake I am hearing loud and clear is when the voice cracks in the beginning, when he sings "there's not teEEEEnderness" - in the original movie there is not such mistake.

Yes, in the SE, Rick Schmidlin edited on the beginning of a different performance, highlighting the guitar intro but featuring the crack in the vocal. When Elvis turns around, we are returned to the performance from the original film. One of several misses, IMO, from Mr. Schmidlin in his reimagining the original movie.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:04 am

The version from the midnight show on the 11th is really great, but he also messes up a line "when I reach for you" becomes "when you reach for me', but a great perfomace. Aug 10th was filmed but just the close up camera, though there were some hand held shots filmed. Both perfomaces on Aug 12 don't seem to have been filmed, filming the song before instead, (patch it up and 20 days and 20 nights, and words and sweet caroline). On Midnight aug 12 they seem to be waiting to film Polk Salad Annie. WHen he does the ending of YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELING, the cameras all come on, but all shut down when he does the ending to YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELING again. THey must have had a hard time getting POLK sALAD because there is almost a complete performace on aug 11 dinner show, but he screws around so much, the ending is only captured by one camera, and that is the weird camera behind the background singers, but it does capture the ending of POLK SALAD pretty well, and at least it isn't the ending used in the originial movie, that isn't even from the same show.
THis seem to be what the filmed of YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELING
Aug 10 filmed but only in close up
Aug 11, both shows filmed with all angles.
aug 12 not filmed, but part of the reprise on aug 12 midnight was filmed.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Another excellent version of YLTLF is on the Portland show, November 11th 1970.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Lonnie, you're mistaken. Heres the complete August 12th Version, complete with reprise. It WAS filmed.

phpBB [video]

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Video Aug 11th midnight with the reprise tacked on.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Yes, audio from August 12 synched with video from August 11. IIRC, some of the reprise video is August 11 footage too. Is that right?

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:Just love the version in TTWII Blu/Ray version -> Elvis performs it so well with back toward audience, then his turn around has so much impact! Love it, love it, love it!

A definite impact especially the lighting on him as he turns
real good timing and Classy

( i'm not singing today ) :)

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:23 pm

stevelecher wrote:Yes, audio from August 12 synched with video from August 11. IIRC, some of the reprise video is August 11 footage too. Is that right?

Yes you notice that the end is not Elvis, when he finished YOU'VE LOST on Aug 12, the cameras came on. When he started singing the ending of YOU"VE LOST, all the cameras shut down. They must have wanted to film POLK SALAD ANNIE, because they didn't have a complete one.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:55 pm

Did a little mash-up (splice) of the best live version imo a while ago, without the annoying line. Using the new mix. Guess where the splice is :wink:
Sheer power.

You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (Edit).wav (File size: 45MB)
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/31861140/file.html