Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Jumpsuits.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:40 pm

What is your favourite jumpsuit and what is your least favorite? | Mine favourite would be the Mexican Sundial and my least favourite would be V-neck. What is yours?

Re: Jumpsuits.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:49 pm

None of them, they looked ridiculous and now we have to see all these ass clown impersonators in them with their Santa belts making a joke of the image. He should have stayed with the 2 piece suits period, and dropped the dive bomb routine along with these clown suits.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:51 pm

I have several favourites

The Mexican Sundial
The Red ''Burning Love'' suit
The Chinese Dragon
The Peacock

Least favourite:
V-Neck
the Bicentenial suites.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

The February 1970 and the Elvis Now ones 8). Don't know how they called them as I'm no Elvis Scholar, Elvis expert or Audio guru :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:06 pm

promiseland wrote:None of them, they looked ridiculous and now we have to see all these ass clown impersonators in them with their Santa belts making a joke of the image. He should have stayed with the 2 piece suits period, and dropped the dive bomb routine along with these clown suits.

So...Your an Elvis fan?

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

odduser wrote:
promiseland wrote:None of them, they looked ridiculous and now we have to see all these ass clown impersonators in them with their Santa belts making a joke of the image. He should have stayed with the 2 piece suits period, and dropped the dive bomb routine along with these clown suits.

So...Your an Elvis fan?

Let's called it, just a fan...... :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:25 pm

The best ones are 1970-73. My least favourite is the sundial.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:32 pm

The Totem Pole and Chicken Bone are not very flattering either.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:38 pm

My favorite is the Chain suit seen in TTWII. I've always liked that one.

Least favorites go to the Prehistoric Bird and V-Neck suits. Ugh.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:43 pm

The 1970 suits have the extra high collars.. Thats a bit odd looking.
The Fringe suit should have never made it on stage.

But.. the 1972 two piece outfits were great!
The black 1971 suits looked good but I guess the Aloha suit is the most iconic one.

He should have dropped the jumpsuits after the July 75 tour.
Some fans look at them with 2015 glasses but in the 70's they were quite spectacular for sure!

Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:10 am

I love these two piece suits...

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:39 am

odduser wrote:

So...Your an Elvis fan?

So one needs to worship the last 7 years of his ridiculous jumpsuits and Santa belts of to be a fan? Sorry I can't be in your bubble you live in., I just love the music.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:40 am

Ciscoking wrote:I love these two piece suits...

Watch it Cisco you might get accused of not being an Elvis fan! :wink:

Here's a true fan! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:47 am

I prefer the plainer style of the earlier ones.

Quite a few were hideous but I'm a Harris Tweed blazer and smart trousers sort of chap.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 am

Some were more flattering than others, and although Elvis probably wore the jumpsuits too often and for too long, at the time they were much less ostentatious than most of the outfits from the glam-rock era. So he certainly looked the part, especially during the early-seventies when he was slim and in good health. I like the Aloha Eagle, Black Pinwheel, Wheat and Cisco Kid suits the most. The Red Pinwheel is quite eye-catching, too. Although it's less ornate than later suits, of which I like the Egyptian and two-piece outfits.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:25 am

Greystoke wrote:Some were more flattering than others, and although Elvis probably wore the jumpsuits too often and for too long, at the time they were much less ostentatious than most of the outfits from the glam-rock era. So he certainly looked the part, especially during the early-seventies when he was slim and in good health.
Yes!

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:30 am

promiseland wrote:7 years of his ridiculous jumpsuits

Ridiculous? All of them?
Freddy Mercury's or Elton John's outfits qualify that way but compared to that and the 80's glamrock examples Elvis had quite a few stylish ones.
Especially the '69 ones and black '71 ones looked good on him.

Things got pretty bad after 1975 though and that image unfortunately still sticks with people.
Lamar confronted Elvis with his jumpsuit choice and it got laughed away.
Damn, he didn't even bother to change for the CBS special..

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:37 am

A couple of my favorite stage outfits Elvis wore...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:04 am

I think the jumpsuits were all right from 1970-1974 but he should have only worn two-piece suits from 1975 onwards. I generally prefer the two-piece suits but surprisingly in August 1971 the reviewers weren't very keen on them.

Favourite jumpsuits: Cisco Kid, Raised On Rock jumpsuit.

Least favourite jumpsuits: Mexican Sundial (probably due more to Elvis' state in 1977)

Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:47 am

Love the 1969-70 look, and partial to the Cape suits since we saw him wear a few (Black and Red Matador, Red Porthole, Red Flame) but after he began to put on weight he should have changed styles.

Favorite: Fringe from TTWII
Least favorite: pretty much anything with puffy sleeves

Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:28 am

promiseland wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:I love these two piece suits...

Watch it Cisco you might get accused of not being an Elvis fan! :wink:

Here's a true fan! :D

If I was Elvis, I would have been upset with Belew for designing the same outfits for the Osmonds.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:57 am

The laser suit! :wink:

Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:50 am

Few pictures of a few of my favorite suits...
1969 2 Piece.jpg

Chain 1970.jpg

Pinwheel On Tour.jpg

Gold Leaf.jpg

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:58 am

My favorite jumpsuits are:
All Phoenix suits
The leather suits
The 1975 two piece suits
My least favorite suit is:
V-neck

Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:42 am

My favorites are:

Peacock