Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ken Becker and Elvis?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:09 am

Were Ken Becker (Elvis' fight scene in Loving You) and Elvis friends off screen? Did he hang around Elvis and the Memphis Mafia for a time?

Re: Ken Becker and Elvis?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:22 am

eligain wrote:Were Ken Becker (Elvis' fight scene in Loving You) and Elvis friends off screen? Did he hang around Elvis and the Memphis Mafia for a time?

Never read anything to confirm either rumour. He worked on four Presley flicks in his career:

Loving You
G.I. Blues
Girls! Girls! Girls!
Roustabout

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0065481/

Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:52 am

"Hey sideburns ..." LOL

Love that !!!

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:10 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:Were Ken Becker (Elvis' fight scene in Loving You) and Elvis friends off screen? Did he hang around Elvis and the Memphis Mafia for a time?

Never read anything to confirm either rumour. He worked on four Presley flicks in his career:

Loving You
G.I. Blues
Girls! Girls! Girls!
Roustabout

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0065481/

OK, thanks. I can't remember which book, identified him as a member of Elvis' MM and I for a long time always assumed he was one of Elvis' guys from Memphis like Red. And since he continued to be in other Elvis movies, it made me keep assuming he was one of the MM who was given bit parts until I just recently saw him in a non Elvis movie, (True Grit).

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:42 am

minkahed wrote:"Hey sideburns ..." LOL

Love that !!!

phpBB [video]

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:20 am

eligain wrote:
minkahed wrote:"Hey sideburns ..." LOL

Love that !!!

phpBB [video]

Go, Deke, Go!!

Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:56 am

His first (uncredited) role was in The Rainmaker (1956). The film which was mentioned as Elvis' possible first at the time.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:43 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:.

His first (uncredited) role was in The Rainmaker (1956). The film which was mentioned as Elvis' possible first at the time.

Didnt Elvis read for the part in the Rainmaker but Hal Wallis thought it wasnt right for him?

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:46 pm

TheMaskedClown wrote:Didnt Elvis read for the part in the Rainmaker but Hal Wallis thought it wasnt right for him?

Elvis was considered for the role of "Jim Curry" in that film, he did not read for the part. However, after a series of screen tests, the Paramount producer chose to cast actor Earl Holliman instead, and let Elvis get his start in a film for 20th Century Fox.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Ken Becker may have been under contract to Hal Wallis (or was at least a repertory reliable for Wallis) given that his film career consisted, predominantly, of Hal Wallis productions.