Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: SoundScan (US) sales-figures

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:15 am

minkahed wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
minkahed wrote:there really is no market for Elvis at retail anymore

over 15,000 in sales this last week for the majority of older titles but there is no market for elvis :shock:

maybe it`s time for you to move on to another board because your obviously not a fan

ha ha ... oh stop it, your makin' it work !

15,000 sales in a country that has a population of almost 400 million, yeh, Elvis is booming in cd sales.

I'm sorry, what Elvis title is even in our Top 100 again ?

By way of comparasin what were the sales and chart positions last week for
Madonna
Dylan
Springsteen
Cash
Beatles
Ray Charles
Sinatra
Jackson
The Stones
Sue Boyle
Jay Z
Carrie Underwood

Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:37 am

sweetangeline wrote:
daylon wrote:Elvis's cd sales are not booming, far from it, but alongside the 15k sales, there were probably around another 5-10k sold that didn't chart... not too bad.

exactly, for a guy who has passed away 35 yrs ago I can tell you that the sony people in the good ole U.S.A are not sitting around complaining about those numbers, in fact quite the opposite especially in this day and age with cd sales dwindling. Minkahed got this idea in his head that elvis has to be sitting in the top 100 or higher for there to be an existing market for elvis, duh!!

minkahed wrote:ha ha ... oh stop it, your makin' it work !
15,000 sales in a country that has a population of almost 400 million, yeh, Elvis is booming in cd sales.

funny I don`t remember anyone at anytime suggesting that elvis sales are booming, but I will give you credit because your very good at changing peoples words around to fit your own needs, there is medication for that!! :D

Even funnier, and pathetic really, that you suggest I said Elvis cd sales are booming when that remark was made purely in jest, although, truthful and honest, yet this clown says I change peoples words around to fit my own needs . hmmmmm ......

can you at least point out one such incident ?

oh, and, by the way, when you think you might reach reality anytime soon, or if ever, let's talk some more cuz I got the feeling your just gonna cme back on the attack and spew more uneccessary drivel all over our wonderful board.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 pm

minkahed wrote:can you at least point out one such incident ?

your sarcastic remark about elvis sales booming (a joke or jest as you put it) was certainly implying that I had previously stated somewhere that Elvis` sales are exceptional in this day and age and at no time did I say that but I certainly stated that sony could have done much better than the fiasco that I AM AN ELVIS FAN represents!! Your the one who previously stated that there is no market for elvis anymore, check for yourself, duh!

[quote="minkahed"]got the feeling your just gonna cme back on the attack and spew more uneccessary drivel all over our wonderful board.

only if necessary my friend and to get the facts straight. You do know that in order to change you first have to admit your mistakes and then you will feel much much better, it will be the start of something very good in your life so humble yourself and lets move on to the topic at hand, but as a quick reminder don`t forget who started the character assassination, again check for yourself!! I offer facts, you offer... nothing

Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:25 pm

'Elvis Uncovered' is a new entry at No.187 on the Billboard Top Current Album Chart for w/e 8th September, 2012.

Also 'He Touched Me: The Gospel Music Of Elvis Presley' (Vols.1 and 2) re-enters the Billboard Top Music DVD Chart at No.10 and 'Elvis Lives: The 25th Anniversary Concert' also re-enters the same chart at No.12.

The Catalog Album Chart (and others) are late this week but details will be published as and when they become available.

Brian

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I feel the way for another hit to happen, is to get Elvis into the right place at the right time. ALLC was an example of that. No one at Sony imagined that it would be the phenomenon it became. The same thing happened with the Beatles when Ferris Bueler lip synched to "Twist and Shout". The right song placement in the right movie or TV show and it could happen. Just because I cited ALLC doen't mean I think it needs to be a remix. In fact, with Rubberneckin, I think they shot themselves in the foot because they assumed it would happen again, but there wasn't the magic moment (Nike ad) that really created the demand.

While this is not exactly an successful example I think it will illustrate my point: The less than successful movie "Joe Vs the Vulcano". Now the movie was a flop, but me and a group of friends went to see it and I was so surprised to hear "Blue Moon" by Elvis played as part of the sound track. None of my friends even knew Elvis had recorded the song. They loved the song and several of them bought "The COmplete Sun Sessions" based on the hearing the song in the movie. Again, the movie tanked so it didn't have a chance to catch on. I'm not arguing that "Blue Moon" would have become a monster hit but I did see it spark a new interest in non fans.

Some people, even fans on this board might say that there is no interest in Elvis in the current market, but this isn't the first time this has been true. What needs to happen is for Sony to find the right project to allow Elvis to be used in, and not pre hype it as the biggest thing ever.

The problem is there is no way to calculate when lighting will strike again, but what does need to happen is Sony and EPE need to watch closely for when it does.

I can't remember who said it, but this is a rough paraphrase: "With Elvis, you just need to get him out there where people can see him, and people will watch."

Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 pm

FredAistair wrote:
minkahed wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

over 15,000 in sales this last week for the majority of older titles but there is no market for elvis :shock:

maybe it`s time for you to move on to another board because your obviously not a fan

Madonna
Dylan
Springsteen
Cash
Beatles
Ray Charles
Sinatra
Jackson
The Stones
Sue Boyle
Jay Z
Carrie Underwood

I don't know about last week, but for the week ending August 12th, Frank Sinatra's Nothing But the Best was at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 and at No. 1 among digital albums. Amazon, having having offered this excellent compilation on a one day 99c deal -- over 40,000 copies were sold. To date, this 2008 release has sold over 1.1 million copies, which is very impressive.

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:15 pm

greystoke wrote:
FredAistair wrote:
minkahed wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

Madonna
Dylan
Springsteen
Cash
Beatles
Ray Charles
Sinatra
Jackson
The Stones
Sue Boyle
Jay Z
Carrie Underwood

I don't know about last week, but for the week ending August 12th, Frank Sinatra's Nothing But the Best was at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 and at No. 1 among digital albums. Amazon, having having offered this excellent compilation on a one day 99c deal -- over 40,000 copies were sold. To date, this 2008 release has sold over 1.1 million copies, which is very impressive.

Thats excellect news for Sinatra.
Wouldn't be supprised though that come the end of the year Elvis sales would hold well against most of the above without any appreciable chart presence.

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Here's how Elvis' 12 best selling albums did last week

TITLE...SOUNDSCAN THIS WEEK........LAST WEEK...........TOTAL

ELVIS UNCOVERED...................... 2055............1915.................. 19207
I AM AN ELVIS FAN...................... 1838...............2368.................... 9878
HEART & SOUL............................. 1697..............1854.................. 579526
BEST OF LOVE............................ 1601...............1766................ 291885
AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN .....1482.............1500................ 486873
ELVIS COUNTRY........................... 1199.............1212.................. 126659
ELVIS INSPIRATIONAL................... 1059................971................. 100361
GOSPEL / AN EVENING.................. 1013................773.................. 168772
ELVIS ROCK..................................... 931...............979................ 179665
VIVA LAS VEGAS.............................. 920..............948.................. 33425
CHRISTMAS DUETS........................... 31..................29.................... 490322
ELVIS CHRISTMAS............................. 19.................30................... 599722

TOTAL FOR THE WEEK, AS PER
ABOVE 12 ALBUMS..........................13,765

Elvis also sells some videos, as seen on the two tables below, where he lands two and one, respectively, in the Top 10.

TOP DVD Music Videos

1 ONE DIRECTION UP ALL NIGHT-THE LIVE TOUR 8689 -15 10217 275562
2 ADELE LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL 3893 -8 4213 954717
3 OSBOURNE*OZZY SPEAK OF THE DEVIL 964 -5 1015 9455
4 CROSBY STILLS & NASH CROSBY STILLS & NASH 2012 912 -28 1260 11667
5 WATERS*MUDDY & ROLLING STONES LIVE AT THE CHECKERBOARD LOUNG 891 -31 1299 12493
6 SADE BRING ME HOME - LIVE 2011 877 -9 969 41041
7 PRESLEY*ELVIS HE TOUCHED ME V1-DVD 776......51.......... 139971
8 PINK FLOYD STORY OF WISH YOU WERE HERE 757 -11 853 12688
9 PRESLEY*ELVIS ELVIS LIVES-LIVE FROM MEMPHIS 725......118........ 165620
10 PHANTOM OF THE OPERA AT THE RO PHANTOM OF THE OPERA AT THE

Top Music Videos

1 ONE DIRECTION UP ALL NIGHT-THE LIVE TOUR 8689....10217.... 275562
2 ADELE LIVE AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL 3893.........4213........ 954717
3 BOOTH BROTHERS BEST OF THE BOOTH BROTHERS 1174.. 3694 101
4 ISRAEL & NEW BREED JESUS AT THE CENTER 1102 4 1061 772
5 OSBOURNE*OZZY SPEAK OF THE DEVIL 964 -5 1015 9455
6 CROSBY STILLS & NASH CROSBY STILLS & NASH 2012 912 -28 1260 11667
7 WATERS*MUDDY & ROLLING STONES LIVE AT THE CHECKERBOARD LOUNG 891 -31 1299 12493
8 SADE BRING ME HOME - LIVE 2011 877 -9 969 41041
9 GAITHER/FRND V-RYMAN GOSPEL REUNION 831 999 55 30134
10 PRESLEY*ELVIS HE TOUCHED ME V1-DVD 822.........82........... 157438

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:21 am

Which "Viva Las Vegas" disc is this, the budget soundtrack or the 2007 disc ?

I think it's the soundtrack, because I remember mael posted some figures awhile back that when that 2007 Wal Mart disc came out, it debuted at #54 with sales of 54,000.

It's ironic that when I went into Wal Mart last nite, there was an abundance of 2007, "Viva Las Vegas" disc selling for $5 !!!

Would be nice to see the soundscan figures for that release.

Someone please chime in if they have better info ...

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:02 am

minkahed wrote:It's ironic that when I went into Wal Mart last nite, there was an abundance of 2007, "Viva Las Vegas" disc selling for $5 !!!

You mean the 2-cd set (with the '69 Las Vegas concert) was only $5 ?!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks again guys for the updates!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Blue River wrote:
minkahed wrote:It's ironic that when I went into Wal Mart last nite, there was an abundance of 2007, "Viva Las Vegas" disc selling for $5 !!!

You mean the 2-cd set (with the '69 Las Vegas concert) was only $5 ?!

There were 2 versions of that release, one with the black cover, one with the Gold, (and the 1969 Concert).

It was the black cover version, Disc 1, actually. $5, wow ...

Sony probably alot of back stock ....

Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 am

Here's how 11 of Elvis' albums this this week.

Title............................................................soundscan this week.....last...............total

ELVIS UNCOVERED.................................................... 2121..........2055........... 21,328
HEART & SOUL............................................................ 1681..........1687........ 580,674
BEST OF LOVE........................................................... 1543...........1601........ 293,428
I AM AN ELVIS FAN.......................................................1482...........1838......... 11,360
AN AFTERNOON IN THE GARDEN............................... 1353..........1478....... 487,298
ELVIS COUNTRY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1124..........1199....... 127,783
ELVIS INSPIRATIONAL................................................... 1080.........1059........ 101,441
GOSPEL / AN EVENING.................................................... 980.........1013....... 169,752
ELVIS ROCK..................................................................... 919........... 931...... 180,584
VIVA LAS VEGAS............................................................... 888...........920....... 34,313
ELVIS CHRISTMAS............................................................... 17............19....... 599,739

BILLBOARD Top DVD music Videos CHART

Rank......................Title...................................sounscan this week.........last..............TOTAL
38 PRESLEY*ELVIS HE TOUCHED ME V1-DVD.................... 215 .......776............ 140,186
42 PRESLEY*ELVIS ELVIS LIVES-LIVE FROM MEMPHIS....... 204...... 725............ 165,824

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm

"Uncovered", a cheap $5 cd out selling a regular priced Sony product, "I Am An Elvis Fan" ...

I'm sure Lisa Grauso is reaping the benefits !!! Ha ...

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm

minkahed wrote:"Uncovered", a cheap $5 cd out selling a regular priced Sony product, "I Am An Elvis Fan" ...

I`ll pass, its just becomes wasted energy :smt006

Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:43 am

sweetangeline wrote:
minkahed wrote:"Uncovered", a cheap $5 cd out selling a regular priced Sony product, "I Am An Elvis Fan" ...

Such as yourself ?

Jus sayin' ...

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm

minkahed wrote:Such as yourself ?

Jus sayin' ...
sweetangeline wrote:

Such as yourself ?

Jus sayin' ...

aaahhh so much love in your heart :smt007 thank you

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:24 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
minkahed wrote:Such as yourself ?

Jus sayin' ...
sweetangeline wrote:

Such as yourself ?

Jus sayin' ...

aaahhh so much love in your heart :smt007 thank you

Always !!! :D

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:31 pm

No updates on Elvis sales since Sept. 8 ???

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:15 pm

minkahed wrote:No updates on Elvis sales since Sept. 8 ???

why does it matter to you, you have already stated previously in this thread that elvis does`nt sell anymore, you can`t have it both ways my friend, either you care or you don`t?? :smt021

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:29 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
minkahed wrote:No updates on Elvis sales since Sept. 8 ???
you can`t have it both ways my friend

I can have it anyway I damn please.

I want it all, or I don't want it at all ...

I want my cake , I want pink icing, pre-sliced and paid for.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:25 am

Sure miss the updates, always looked forward to them.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:50 am

I don't know if Elvis' sales are booming but these are truly impressive figures in the current market where physical product is selling at its all time low. Titles like I Am an Elvis Fan and Elvis Uncovered no matter how ill-conceived they may be have moved enough to have been successful reissues in the more booming CD market of 2000-2002. It's kind of Elvis' blessing and his curse that every release is guaranteed a certain minimum of success but that's also the reason that the same handful of song titles get tossed out every couple of months on a variety of strange releases. As the VLV title shows, it's sometimes hard to tell what the releases.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 pm

So, what happened with the sales updates ?

Mael, where are you ?

Goodbye Elvis at retail ....

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 pm

The person who works at Soundscan and who would leak the figures to a website , from which I would then copy them for our perusal has decided not to do so any longer. Maybe the person got caught. Too bad...