SoundScan (US) sales-figures

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

skatterbrane

Re: SoundScan (US) sales-figures

Post by skatterbrane »

Why anyone goes to the post office anymore is beyond me. You can order ALL their products online, including the Elvis Forever CD. You can print USPS labels online and you can request FREE pickup for any USPS packages you want to ship. I do not need to ever step inside a USPS office again.

sweetangeline
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by sweetangeline »

skatterbrane wrote:I do not need to ever step inside a USPS office again.
me either...but I live in Canada :wink:

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Robert »

sweetangeline wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:I do not need to ever step inside a USPS office again.
me either...but I live in Canada :wink:
I'm done with it too.
Here in Holland...

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Jaime1234 »

sweetangeline wrote:
Jaime1234 wrote: now officially sold out of its limited 50,000 run,
never heard this before...can you elaborate??
read it in an aussie magazine

skatterbrane

Post by skatterbrane »

Well my point is why would people run around from US Post Office to US Post Office looking for the Elvis Forever CD when you and order it online? Of course people outside the USA wouldn't normally go to a US Post Office.

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

skatterbrane wrote:Of course people outside the USA wouldn't normally go to a US Post Office.
...just a little humour my friend :wink:
Jaime1234 wrote:read it in an aussie magazine
...I`d rather had you say this;

"read it in a very reliable aussie magazine" :wink:

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

sweetangeline wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:Of course people outside the USA wouldn't normally go to a US Post Office.
...just a little humour my friend :wink:
Jaime1234 wrote:read it in an aussie magazine
...I`d rather had you say this;

"read it in a very reliable aussie magazine" :wink:
They are extremely reliable...LOL

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

...maybe they just shipped 50,000 to that country :wink:

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

As I announced, the CD is sold out. it doesnt even appear in the top 50 in the opyre sales, which means if it sold anything it was below 3000. Tt has scanned 52,000 thus far...

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

...to be quite honest...it`s a rather stupid decision to press only 50,000...they should have pressed at least 100,000 and let it run until the new year...but hey we don`t make those calls...this product would not have hurt any upcoming sales for the IF I CAN DREAM CD!!

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by minkahed »

So, the Elvis Forever CD is sold out ????

Why didn't this get worldwide distribution ?

This CD could definitely been another Top 10, but when it's limited in edition, let alone only available thru certain outlets, well yea, then no Top 10, #11, go figure , screwed out of another Top 10 title....

Shoulda been #1, please Sony u knew it too ...

Save all ur bs for some gimmick like this symphonic title that Will be forgotten the week it comes out.

Remix, remake, remaster all u want, nothing ever gonna be as good as what Elvis originally recorded.

Sry, truth hurts...

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

garyt
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by garyt »

minkahed wrote:So, the Elvis Forever CD is sold out ????

This CD could definitely been another Top 10, but when it's limited in edition, let alone only available thru certain outlets, well yea, then no Top 10, #11, go figure , screwed out of another Top 10 title....[/quite]

Agreed
minkahed wrote:Save all ur bs for some gimmick like this symphonic title that Will be forgotten the week it comes out.
Just like the Elvis Forever album; yet another Elvis comp. At least the forth-coming IIC album is something different and will get media hype which will get the public's attention. So it can only be good for our man. Even if some non-fans don't buy this album they might be tempted into buying another Elvis album. But hopefully this album will give Elvis another #1.

Visit my site for fans elvis-people

kriss
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by kriss »

Another UK Gold Album award for Elvis.

ELVIS PRESLEY - THE REAL ELVIS
Gold Certification (Album) 11 September 2015
SONY MUSIC (SONY MUSIC)
Released 20 June 2011
Certification History:
Silver Certification 22 July 2013

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

The USPS Elvis Forever CD in its fourth week remains at #6 on the Country Album chart, is at #15 on the Rock Albums chart, at #44 on the Album Sales chart and at #129 on the Billboard 200.

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

GibbersGanfa wrote:
minkahed wrote:So, the Elvis Forever CD is sold out ????

This CD could definitely been another Top 10, but when it's limited in edition, let alone only available thru certain outlets, well yea, then no Top 10, #11, go figure , screwed out of another Top 10 title....

Shoulda been #1, please Sony u knew it too ...

Save all ur bs for some gimmick like this symphonic title that Will be forgotten the week it comes out.

Remix, remake, remaster all u want, nothing ever gonna be as good as what Elvis originally recorded.

Sry, truth hurts...
Truth is, the USPS isn't in the music distribution business, and especially not in international markets. It's a promotional CD to celebrate a United States postal stamp, not intended at all for world-wide release. It's a shock to most that this performed as well as it did at all.
yes indeed!!

kriss
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by kriss »

US Billboard Charts 26/09/2015

Billboard 200
129 56 22 4 Elvis Presley Forever - Elvis Presley - USPS/RCA | Sony Commercial Music Group

Top Album Sales
44 22 13 4 Elvis Presley Forever - Elvis Presley

Top Rock Albums
15 6 5 4 Elvis Presley Forever - Elvis Presley

Top Country Albums
6 6 3 4 Elvis Presley Forever - Elvis Presley

Country Catalog Albums
17 16 15 107 Heart And Soul - Elvis Presley

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

GibbersGanfa wrote:Truth is, the USPS isn't in the music distribution business, and especially not in international markets. It's a promotional CD to celebrate a United States postal stamp, not intended at all for world-wide release. It's a shock to most that this performed as well as it did at all.
...respectfully my friend...the actual truth is this;

this product is between Sony Music / USPS...and if they choose to press more they simply could and there would be no issue...it`s certainly not a promo cd in the way that most collectors view a "promo"...it`s basically an opportunity for SONY / USPS to bring awareness to the general public about the Elvis items (stamp) they currently sell and a preview from Sony with regards to the upcoming IF I CAN DREAM release! It`s no shock at all that it has sold the way it has, but that has more to do with the stamp picture being everywhere in the states on different products being sold by the USPS...including most importantly the CD...this decision was a relatively easy choice for Sony...they didn't have to do very much...USPS took care of it all :D

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

sweetangeline wrote:
GibbersGanfa wrote:Truth is, the USPS isn't in the music distribution business, and especially not in international markets. It's a promotional CD to celebrate a United States postal stamp, not intended at all for world-wide release. It's a shock to most that this performed as well as it did at all.

this product is between Sony Music / USPS...and if they choose to press more they simply could and there would be no issue...it`s certainly not a promo cd in the way that most collectors view a "promo"...it`s basically an opportunity for SONY / USPS to bring awareness to the general public about the Elvis items (stamp) they currently sell and a preview from Sony with regards to the upcoming IF I CAN DREAM release! It`s no shock at all that it has sold the way it has, but that has more to do with the stamp picture being everywhere in the states on different products being sold by the USPS...including most importantly the CD...this decision was a relatively easy choice for Sony...they didn't have to do very much...USPS took care of it all :D

Elvis Forever CD now disappeared from the BB charts except at #16 on its Country Album chart.

sweetangeline

Post by sweetangeline »

...shame :shock: should have pressed more!!

minkahed
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by minkahed »

Jaime1234 wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:

Elvis Forever CD now disappeared from the BB charts except at #16 on its Country Album chart.
It figures

I don't care what Ed Van Halen says about me--all's I know is that Howard Stern and Mr. Rogers like me just the way I friendly am! - David Lee Roth

Brian Quinn
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Brian Quinn »

US Billboard Charts - October 3rd, 2015

Top Rock Albums
37 15 6 5 4 Elvis Presley Forever - Elvis Presley

Top Country Albums
16 6 6 3 4 Elvis Presley Forever - Elvis Presley

Country Catalog Albums
18 17 16 15 107 Heart And Soul - Elvis Presley

Brian

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Brian Quinn wrote:US Billboard Charts - October 3rd, 2015

Top Country Albums
23 16 Elvis Presley Forever - Elvis Presley

Brian

Brian Quinn
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Brian Quinn »

'Heart And Soul' re-enters the Billboard Top Catalog Album Chart at 50 for w/e 10th October, 2015. It also rises from 18 to 13 on the Country Catalog Album Chart.

'Forever Elvis' drops from 16 to 23 on the Top Country Album Chart.

Brian

Jaime1234

Post by Jaime1234 »

Elvis lands three of his Christmas albums in the Billboard Holiday Chart for October 24, 2015, namely the penennial It's Christmas Time at #5, Merry Chistmas, Love Elvis at #8 and Blue Christmas at #50. He is the only one with two albums in the top 10.

As to the Philarmonic CD, at least at Amazon it hasn't sank lower than 50 in the last month and a half, hit #1 for three days, continues selling briskly and currently at #33. Now, since yesterday, it is riding pretty high at the second biggest outlet, which is Barnes and Noble, currently at #14.

garyt
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by garyt »

Jaime1234 wrote:Elvis lands three of his Christmas albums in the Billboard Holiday Chart for October 24, 2015, namely the penennial It's Christmas Time at #5, Merry Chistmas, Love Elvis at #8 and Blue Christmas at #50. He is the only one with two albums in the top 10.

As to the Philarmonic CD, at least at Amazon it hasn't sank lower than 50 in the last month and a half, hit #1 for three days, continues selling briskly and currently at #33. Now, since yesterday, it is riding pretty high at the second biggest outlet, which is Barnes and Noble, currently at #14.
Thanks Jamie. Is that Amazon UK or USA?
Are Barnes and Noble selling the physical album?
Is the album on Itunes charts?

Visit my site for fans elvis-people