Sat May 03, 2003 12:34 am

i like to see the ftd people to come out
more stuff from the 68 tv special cd

its over due.

do you guys like to see this from ftd.

curtis simpkins

Sat May 03, 2003 1:06 am

We have got, on official releases:

- Some three quarters of the rehearsal recordings.
- Both sitdown shows.
- Anything relevant from both stand-up shows
- All the production songs, even a few alternates.

Enough for me to survive!

Sat May 03, 2003 5:07 am

we don't have it all either dude.
i wouldn't mind a production alternates cd.

Sat May 03, 2003 4:19 pm

tulsa1960 wrote:we don't have it all either dude.
i wouldn't mind a production alternates cd.

Coming to think of it, I probably would by that one as well :)
But don't give me another re-release of the other stuff.
It really is not necessary.

Sat May 03, 2003 7:36 pm

A 1968 FTD release will be the first FTD that I won't buy. There have been enough good releases to enjoy (for me).

Sun May 04, 2003 8:38 am

Very strange to hear that a fan won't buy an FTD release if it is of the '68 Comeback. It is one of the best moments in Elvis' history and music in general and it will be the first FTD that you won't buy? Man, I can't understand some so-called fans. You've heard enough from those sessions? You really don't know what you are missing!
If there is anything from these sessions that we have not heard, please release them. The true fans will buy them or, at least, anyone with an ear for great music.

jeff R

Sun May 04, 2003 8:48 am

i jeffrey
you and both i like to see more cds from the 68 special
i well by anything on this even dvd of this.

curtis simpkins

Sun May 04, 2003 12:18 pm

Albert wrote:A 1968 FTD release will be the first FTD that I won't buy. There have been enough good releases to enjoy (for me).

This can be said for almost all the FTD releases, that is why they are not marketed directly to the masses. It's your choice, but the argumentation for not buying such a release seems a bit odd!

Sun May 04, 2003 1:52 pm

i'd really like it too. its the best part of the 60's next to the american sound sessions.
some ppl must only like shows like sept 2,1974.

Sun May 04, 2003 2:33 pm

I think it would be hard for the FTD label to release another 68 comeback cd (or with that material). They've already released Burbank 68 and the RCA/BMG label released "Memories, the 68 comeback special" and "Tiger Man" on which the 68 shows were recorded.

Maybe there isn't enough material, i don't know.

Sun May 04, 2003 5:35 pm

They are planning a commercial release later in the year which will include both sit down shows, and presumably both stand up shows (I’m not sure about the latter).
Considering what has already been issued previously via both FTD and the main RCA label, the only thing that’s likely to be left is production outtakes, and I would guess that most of these are very similar to what has been released previously. Therefore, I don’t think it’s a case of not wanting more 1968 NBC material, just the fact that there isn’t that much left.