Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Soundtracks; great!!!!!

Fri May 02, 2003 11:26 pm

today I received my copies of the new FTD Sountracks.

These are really great. No negativity at all. Ernst and Co. did a perfect job on this ones. I'm really looking forward for other soundtracks.

Keep them coming. If you not already bought this releases, do it. It's worth there money.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fri May 02, 2003 11:45 pm

Am I the only one who can't get the discs off the spindles without almost bending them in half ? Is there a special technique or something ?

Chris

Fri May 02, 2003 11:57 pm

i dont know i am going to get them or not
besides i allready put all of my vinyl version into cdrs

so i dont i might.

curtis simpkins

Sat May 03, 2003 12:03 am

curtis simpkins

the new best friend of
Tom in North Carolina
just starting a new fan club of tom

I think somebody's trying to wind you up,Tom !

FTD SOUNDTRACKS

Sat May 03, 2003 12:04 am

Don't hold back folks! Just get 'em! These CD's are nothing but pure joy to look at and to listen to! Ernst and Roger deservev honours for these products! These releases will be treasures for collectors!
After all these years, dreams really come true!!

Sat May 03, 2003 1:15 am

ChrisM wrote:Am I the only one who can't get the discs off the spindles without almost bending them in half ? Is there a special technique or something ?

Chris

LOL! :lol: Yeah, I know that problem. Press the index finger of your left hand on the middle of the spindle and grab the CD with the thumb and ring finger of your right hand. Should be easy then.

Re: FTD SOUNDTRACKS

Sat May 03, 2003 1:19 am

bajo wrote:Don't hold back folks! Just get 'em! These CD's are nothing but pure joy to look at and to listen to! Ernst and Roger deservev honours for these products! These releases will be treasures for collectors!
After all these years, dreams really come true!!

Maybe it's easier to imagine now why they were such great hits in the 60ies? Many of them were fun to listen, "simply" gerat entertainment.

Where were you ?

Sat May 03, 2003 11:00 am

So where were all you soundtrack enthusiasts when the Double Features series fell flat on its face 10 years ago ?

Colin B

Sat May 03, 2003 11:56 am

I've also just received the Soundtrack FTD's.... Man, I'm stunned.... excellent packing, really cool booklet, great outtakes... this is Bilko quality :wink:

Ernst, everybody at FTD.... this is a great piece of work! Keep 'em coming! And everybody who hasn't bought them already: buy them fast, coz they're great!

I've listened to the Double Features series quite a lot, but can totally understand that they were deleted out of the catalogue. They're hard to sell to the non-ELvis fans.

Sat May 03, 2003 12:30 pm

So where were all you soundtrack enthusiasts when the Double Features series fell flat on its face 10 years ago ?

Colin B

I was there, a little bit smaller. But I liked them from the beginning and bought them right away.

This new ones are much better, the artwork is stunning and the sound quality is the best. Wich can not be said from the Double Features series.

Re: Where were you ?

Sat May 03, 2003 1:04 pm

[quote="ColinB"]So where were all you soundtrack enthusiasts when the Double Features series fell flat on its face 10 years ago ?

I was there, too. A lot younger to be sure but I bought them all the first
time around in their original vinyl versions be it LP or EP. These blow those away. Thanks FTD.

Regards,

Jerry

i

Wed May 07, 2003 10:57 pm

I just received my copies yesterday. I think the presentation and concept is fantastic and really sets them apart, especially from the bland looking Double Features CDs. The exception being the CDs that came in the movie reel can.

It did occur to me though, that this could be a way of BMG test marketing a new format in packaging special issues of CDs. If you were to see these in your music store they would definitely catch your eye and, for the price that they are, they would seem an attractive purchase.

I'm looking forward to the next lot.

Derek.

Wed May 07, 2003 11:36 pm

Hi Colin -
Here's my excuse: I thought the double features would be around for awhile, and that I'd just pick 'em up at my leisure. Since that stuff is my least favorite Elvis music it wasn't high on my priority list. For that matter I never even bothered getting too many of these on vinyl. I had G.I Blues; Spinout; and Harum Scarem and this last one really turned me off to getting the rest of 'em! But my opinion of this stuff has changed a bit in recent years and I'm going to get these FTD's (eventually). Or, to restate it in "Curtish": "so i don't i might". LOL!

Thu May 08, 2003 12:01 am

Thanks for your thoughts, Pete, & the others who responded.

I was just kidding y'all, but there is a serious point.

The soundtracks do seem to be held in higher esteem these days than when the 'Double Features' first appeared 10 years ago.

Perhaps, like a good wine, they are improving with age !

Colin B

Thu May 08, 2003 12:41 am

I couldn't agree more. I received the first three FTD Soundtracks a few days ago. I just love the packaging- and the total product. I also agree with what someone elses' comment about- too bad Elvis soundtracks weren't given this kind of treatment in the 60's. I'm 48 years old and remember well buying a lot of those albums when they originally came out-much to my embarassment sometimes if I had a friend with me. I remember buying Blue Hawaii in 1967 with a friend who was purchasing Tommy by The Who. That was not cool back then! Nashnet

Thu May 08, 2003 12:50 am

Oops- make that year 1969! Tommy by Who wasn't out in 1967! Oh well, you what they say- "If you can remember the Sixties..." Nashnet

Thu May 08, 2003 1:07 am

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! KEEP EM COMING, CLAMBAKE , SPEEDWAY, DOUBLE TROUBLE, ROUSTABOUT AND VIVA LAS VEGAS. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'M OVERJOYED AS I LISTEN TO THE MEANEST GIRL IN TOWN OUTTAKES.

Thu May 08, 2003 1:49 am

The 3 New FTD Soundtrack CDs are absolutely marvelous! At last FTD is living up to its name. This is a Dream come true for many. It Happened At the World's Fair is just superb. I really liked One Broken Heart For Sale, Beyond the Bend, They Reminds Me Too Much Of You and the rest are all really a joy to listen to. Girl Happy & Fun In Acapulco are both very excellent too. The sound quality is awesome & the packaging Artwork is first class. Thank You again Ernst & Co. Give it to us again man, the next batch comes Christmas 2003. I hope it will be Girls!Girls!Girls!, Double Trouble and Roustabout.

Thu May 08, 2003 3:45 am

In all honesty I never bought much movie soundtrack material so far. I have the 50s movie soundtracks (expanded editions), and the 2cd set Command Performances II (companion set to the 5cd box set of 60s masters). I have additional movie material on the BMG box sets. But that's it, I never bought the Double Features series, nor the FTD movie sountrack material like Silver Screen Stereo.

The reason is the lightweight material and Elvis feeling frustrated and unhappy in singing many movie songs he didn't believe in at the time. Still I know there were some genuine classic songs among them. But my main territory is 70s live concerts (but not exclusively).

I might be interested to obtain these "new" movie soundtracks after all, since they now come with bonus tracks and in superb sound quality... :) I also like the idea of listening to every master and available outtake together in one place from one particular soundtrack. That's kinda 8) ...

I have a few questions though:

*will all movie soundtracks and in fact all movie material including alternate takes from the 60s be released on these soundtracks, so no other -earlier- BMG releases should be bought?

*don't the releases of Silver Screen Stereo and Out in Hollywood become superfluous in time because all movie material supposedly will become available in this new line of soundtrack releases?

*will the 50s movie soundtracks be released too in this ongoing new series of soundtracks, thus making the 1997 upgraded cd editions of Love me Tender/Jailhouse Rock, Loving You, King Creole superfluous (and also some of BMG's "Essential" series)?

Thanks guys!

Thu May 08, 2003 4:18 am

Colin -

Sales for the "Double Features" series may've been below BMG expectations, but it probably exceeded what each FTD release will do now.

The retail market is DOA for the substandard soundtrack material but Ernst is proving the hardcore collector will snap up a nice, thoughtful reissue.

Go FTD!