Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Release

Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 am

Image

Wild Tiger at The Hilton Vol. 2


The MxF label will release soon the second volume of "Wild Tiger at The Hilton'' featuring the unreleased Vegas September 01, 1974 Midnight Show.
Elvis' performance is superb, still at the top if his ability he deliveries a long show which is very intense, there is a freshness that cannot be denied, Elvis was very energetic on stage, full of enthusiasm he sang with power and sensitivity, delivering a solid and heartfelt repertoire like the new song "It's Midnight" and the classic "Bridge Over Troubled Water" sang terrifically. At the same time he worked in heavy rock songs like "Big Boss Man" and the showstopper "If You Talk In Your Sleep" without forget two classic early 70' singles like Until It's Time for You to Go and I'm Leaving and as you can see from the track list no classic oldies in the show. This season will be remembered for the great opening night and naturally for the Closing Nights from the numerous dialogues, but for the superb music too, Elvis looks fantastic and it is clear that despite it all the music keeps his brain active.
The sound is great and unbelievable for an audience recording, We have on our hands the original mono tape of extremely super quality enabling us to carry out simple re-mastering work, concentrating on the reduction of noise trying to achieve a more clear sound and of Elvis, keeping his vocal power up in the central mix and at the same time trying to give a great definition to the background music.

From the second time from this label, this new CD will come in a deluxe DIGIPACK, containing a collection of live photographs from the concert. We love this show, it is clear we are not talking about the rough rocker of early 69/71, but in spite of some limitations and an evolution of style to a more complete musical range the man is still at the top and Elvis at the top means an unforgettable experience for those who attended the show and for those of us prepared to listen. The sound is SUPERB the difference from a soundboard recording is minimal, in times of continue re-release we are glad to give you the possibility to have a release that can combine the GREAT audio quality with the unreleased status ….this make Wild Tiger at The Hilton vol. 2 UNIQUE. Don't miss it!!!!



Tracklist:


01.2001 Theme/Intro 02.See See Rider 03.I Got A Woman / Amen 04.Until It's Time For You To Go 05.If You Love Let Me know 06.It's Midnight 07.Big Boss Man 08.Fever 09.I'm Leaving 10.Softly As I Leave You 11.An American Trilogy 12.It's Now Or Never 13.Introductions 14.If You Talk In My Sleep 15.Why Me Lord 16.Let Me Be There 17.Bridge Over Troubled Water 18.Hawaiin Wedding Song 19.Can't Help Falling Love 20.Closing Vamp

Total Time : 74 Minutes

Elvis' Jumpsuit: Black Spanish Flower with the red stones

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Tue May 24, 2011 9:49 am

yes i noted this.....if the sound really IS SUPERB and the show given without edits i'll be buying this one as its true it IS a 'great show!' 8)

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 am

Not many `oldies' in that set list

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Tue May 24, 2011 10:13 am

If the audio really is that great, it looks like a good one. But because I know where it's coming from, I'll better wait until some reports about the sound turn up...

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Tue May 24, 2011 1:45 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Image

Wild Tiger at The Hilton Vol. 2

Please try a little harder to keep up with Cisco.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=61098

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Tue May 24, 2011 3:37 pm

The Welz wrote:If the audio really is that great, it looks like a good one. But because I know where it's coming from, I'll better wait until some reports about the sound turn up...



Yes, volume one was a crock of ****.

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Tue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

If you talk in my sleep? don't mention your name

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Wed May 25, 2011 10:31 am

yes i 100% avoided their first one, but a friend made me a copy i could only bear to hear once because of all the audience screaming, will wait and see about this volume 2 but the SHOW IS GREAT! 8)

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Wed May 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Great artwork :smt005

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Wed May 25, 2011 4:10 pm

I wonder if "Love me" and "Hound dog" are edited out of this release as Elvis did these 2 at virtually every other show that season.

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Fri May 27, 2011 5:52 am

Dont usaully do AR's but y'all got be sold!

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:19 am

Was expecting better sound......no problem hearing what elvis says between songs
but the sound is very distant.
Im not a fan of audience recordings so others will perhaps be more happy with the sound quality......
This cd will be returned to the owner unheard :|

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 am

I forgot, did he tell anyone to "f••k off" during that show?

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:50 am

The show is TOP..the label..FLOP... :wink:

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:51 am

:lol: Just finally got & played this excellent CD. I was very impressed great show and also great sound somewhat better than vegas variety's volume 6 and heaps clearer and less audience noise than the awful mfx volume 1 in this series.Many things are mentioned but 'extremely briefly' such as 'strung out-saying he will break the persons goddam neck!-ok maybe he DID just go on a bit too much!' ,o grady introduced + book mentioned etc but without elaborating too much.George Waite Karate instructor.Maybe a tad too much Karate dialogue and dialogue into 'fever tonight' but some songs such as 'its now or never' are sung well and straight away. not really too excess dialogue in this 74 minute show to ruin it, so i rate this as one of his very BEST September 1974 shows. A very well sung show and i REALLY enjoyed listening to it. Why i (think) even the cd cover art-work matches the show!~ ordered volume #3 so will report on that later on but this one is most certainly "ok". 8) :lol: GLAD I BOUGHT IT!~ :D

Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Release

Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Good review YDKM, will definitely give this one a good listen based on your comments.

Thanks
Last edited by Moody_Blue on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:55 pm

:lol: Yes honestly i could actually hear every word Elvis was saying too and played it twice last night and will listen again on the train this morning. For years since 1991 i had a great sounding tape of this show , but with awful 'edits/cuts' after each song! so nice after 20 years to hear it without cuts and clear too!~ :lol:

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 am

Yes it IS quite an amazing show and in his brief rants he manages to stop just within a hairs width of ruining the show or some songs(such as fever) had he left the comments made to the degree of this show it wouldn't have been as bad, but boy by the following midnight show he certainly went WAY TOO FAR!...and as a result drew massive attention to what he said and the WAY he said it! Apart from a bit of fever and an over blown and partially messed up Trilogy his actual singing IS GOOD at this show and i cannot imagine anyone watching the show leaving 'dissapointed' it was one hell of a show with Elvis completely fired up, but not over the top like the next M/S. :lol: :roll: and considering it is an 'audience recording' one of the most listenable ones too! :smt007

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 pm

8) You know i played this for a 5th time last night and so glad i finally got this show which is near complete (apart from a tiny edit/cut before Let Me Be There) basically its a 'fired up show similar to the closing season show, but he just draws back and stops before ruining the show with complete excessive comments.
Excellent performances are:-its midnight, big boss man,softly,its now or never,bridge. good performances are :-if you love me,i'm leavin',if you talk in your sleep,hawaiian wedding song.
poor performances are:- fever,trilogy,i got a woman.
Amazingly during his Karate dialogue and intro of ed Parker (he even sings the hawaiian wedding song for Ed's wife!) he says red west has a 2nd degree black belt,ron tutt a purple belt,sonny west a brown belt and jerry schilling also a brown belt- SHOWS how much pressure and Elvis's enthusiasim spread to his band members and enterage to also practivce Karate!!
funny bit just before closing as he shows his rings off and says one japanese lady gave him one!`
extremely impressive show and Elvis seemed 100% fully awake and singing well for this show
74 minutes from Elvis you'll never forget and impressively short intros, although Kathy gets a gentle snide remark when Elvis introduces her saying :- sporano singer was in the metropoliton opera for a year, i wish she could be here tonight, but standing in for her is Kathy Westmoreland!
Charlie Hodge also gets told to 'wake up' early on and J.D gets a few rude type jokes too.
Fans in the audience seem to be absolutely loving this show however! :roll: :lol:

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:17 am

Has Volume 3 been released, yet?

Las Vegas - February 06, 1974 d.s.
01. Intro
02. See See Rider
03. I Got A Woman / Amen
04. Love Me
05. Trying To Get To You
06. Sweet Caroline
07. Love Me Tender
08. Johnny B. Goode
09. Hound Dog
10. Fever
11. Polk Salad Annie
12. Killing Me Softly (by Voice)
13. Spanish Eyes
14. Why Me Lord?
15. Suspicious Minds (part)
16. Band Introduction
17. Release Me
18. Help Me
19. An American Trilogy
20. Let Me Be There
21. Can't Help Falling Love
22. Closing Vamp
Bonus: Las Vegas - January 28, 1974 m.s.
23. My Baby Left Me
24. You've Lost The Loving Feeling
25. Rock Medley
26. I Can't stop Loving You

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:28 am

:lol: Yes it has and mine is on its way to me now....no idea about the Quality though until i get it!~ :?

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:03 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Image

Wild Tiger at The Hilton Vol. 2


The MxF label will release soon the second volume of "Wild Tiger at The Hilton'' featuring the unreleased Vegas September 01, 1974 Midnight Show.
Elvis' performance is superb, still at the top if his ability he deliveries a long show which is very intense, there is a freshness that cannot be denied, Elvis was very energetic on stage, full of enthusiasm he sang with power and sensitivity, delivering a solid and heartfelt repertoire like the new song "It's Midnight" and the classic "Bridge Over Troubled Water" sang terrifically. At the same time he worked in heavy rock songs like "Big Boss Man" and the showstopper "If You Talk In Your Sleep" without forget two classic early 70' singles like Until It's Time for You to Go and I'm Leaving and as you can see from the track list no classic oldies in the show. This season will be remembered for the great opening night and naturally for the Closing Nights from the numerous dialogues, but for the superb music too, Elvis looks fantastic and it is clear that despite it all the music keeps his brain active.
The sound is great and unbelievable for an audience recording, We have on our hands the original mono tape of extremely super quality enabling us to carry out simple re-mastering work, concentrating on the reduction of noise trying to achieve a more clear sound and of Elvis, keeping his vocal power up in the central mix and at the same time trying to give a great definition to the background music.

From the second time from this label, this new CD will come in a deluxe DIGIPACK, containing a collection of live photographs from the concert. We love this show, it is clear we are not talking about the rough rocker of early 69/71, but in spite of some limitations and an evolution of style to a more complete musical range the man is still at the top and Elvis at the top means an unforgettable experience for those who attended the show and for those of us prepared to listen. The sound is SUPERB the difference from a soundboard recording is minimal, in times of continue re-release we are glad to give you the possibility to have a release that can combine the GREAT audio quality with the unreleased status ….this make Wild Tiger at The Hilton vol. 2 UNIQUE. Don't miss it!!!!



Tracklist:


01.2001 Theme/Intro 02.See See Rider 03.I Got A Woman / Amen 04.Until It's Time For You To Go 05.If You Love Let Me know 06.It's Midnight 07.Big Boss Man 08.Fever 09.I'm Leaving 10.Softly As I Leave You 11.An American Trilogy 12.It's Now Or Never 13.Introductions 14.If You Talk In My Sleep 15.Why Me Lord 16.Let Me Be There 17.Bridge Over Troubled Water 18.Hawaiin Wedding Song 19.Can't Help Falling Love 20.Closing Vamp

Total Time : 74 Minutes

Elvis' Jumpsuit: Black Spanish Flower with the red stones


Where's "Hound Dog" and "Love me" ?!!!! Strange to see a tracklisting without either of the two songs? Also was he just as talkative and did he blow his stack the way he did on the 2/9/74 Closing ?

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:29 am

Gold Record wrote:Has Volume 3 been released, yet?
YDKM wrote:Yes it has and mine is on its way to me now....no idea about the Quality though until i get it!

Thanks, YDKM.
Please give us your opinions on it after you get it and have a listen.

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:58 am

Listened AGAIN to this release TODAY... boy is he fired up or what!? nearly ruins the whole show with such talking/abysmal performance of Fever!~ AWFUL and 3 times this show he mentions 'strung out' certainly since 30/8/74 M/S Elvis seems to have gone TOO FAR in his excessive rants.Pity as if you selected just the best song performances tonight you could pick 6 brilliant ones on a 'best of August 74 CD'
Clearly he was over hyped "UP" in this show...and his worst ever An American Trilogy performance :?
Bridge (which has been talked about a lot lately) is still good, but i understand now those that don't like that performance or show and the reasons why :?

Re: Wild Tiger At The Hilton Vol. 2 -- 9-1-74 M.S. New Rele

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm

The sound is very good on this recording. If all audience recordings sounded this good, I would be satisfied. Very clear and every word Elvis speaks is easily understood.....unfortunately. This show is a preview of what was to happen the following night. He was already telling God to damn the necks that he was about to break. He is rambling a mile a minute and trying way too hard to oversing many of the songs that were dramatic enough as is. This has to be one of the worst (if not the worst) versions of An American Trilogy that I have ever heard. The reprise of Bridge Over Troubled Water that some here have praised in another thread made me long for the Greensboro '72 version. He admitted to doing the reprise because he got lost the first time (he completely butchered it). Bridge Over Troubled Water may very well be my favorite song that Elvis ever performed on stage. However, on this night, I could have done without it. His constant rambling made me appreciate the 1972 Vegas shows even more. He talked of the rumors about him being "strung out." He fooled his audience into thinking that he would have never received a federal narcotics badge if he had ever been "strung out." He also told them that he would never have received his eighth-degree black belt if he had been "strung out." They just don't give such honors to people like that. He talked about everyone in his entourage that was studying the art of karate. Dave, Red, Sonny, Jerry, Ronnie, and talked about Ed Parker. He told of how John O'Grady was the ultimate "Super Fly." He also made the claim that Batman and Robin were Mickey Mouse compared to O'Grady. I'm not convinced there, because I've seen Batman kick too many asses.

Man, I love Elvis as much as anyone here. I just wish he would have slowed things down and concentrated on giving his paying audience a more professional show. There were some good moments. He performed It's Midnight, It's Now Or Never and Softly As I Leave You very well. He received a tremendous ovation for the job that he and Sherrill did on the latter.

I am glad that this is in my collection because I want all of the shows that I can get. I will revisit it someday. However, it is nowhere near the level of professionalism as the 1972 Vegas show just released by FTD. If you do collect audience recordings as I do, this one is definitely not for everyone.

But, hey -- the sound is great!