Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Deleted Scenes from the Movies

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:40 am

The BBFC website has lists of cuts from movies made for violence/gratuitous stuff etc. Some of the timings for Elvis films do differ from the theatrical release to the home video release, but I'm not sure if this is to do with film frame rate vs DVD frame rate. I've not checked them all but most say passed uncut. So perhaps these cuts were made prior to their certificate to prevent any delays in getting the movie out in the UK. Does the US have a similiar site which may have more information and clues as when and why scenes were cut.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 am

I do recall seeing Lonely Man included in WITC,Gken had left the booze making job and starts working in a garage when Tuesday Weld is shown bringing his guitar that glen had left behind.
Elvis is underneath the car and is holding a grease-gun and squrts a liitle oil on Nora's feet and chuckles.
a short chats between them while it's raining,She leaves and Glen takes and places his foot on the bumper of the car and sings the song.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:11 am

As long as Priscilla and Lisa Marie and Jack Soden are all having a big say so in what gets released and how it's presented, we're never going to get to see the real Elvis as we knew of him. The bad boy, gangster and violent side won't ever be allowed out to the public. In other words, they want people to think that Elvis could do no wrong or that he was sinless and some kind of saint who just ended up dying at 42. This is how they present him at Graceland and to the public through DVD releases. Sony won't even release the unedited Stranger In My Own Home Town. That's because E.P.E. won't allow them to.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:05 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:... Sony won't even release the unedited Stranger In My Own Home Town. That's because E.P.E. won't allow them to.

(1970 rehearsal version)
Elvis also probably wouldn't want it released unedited. The edited version is fine the way it is.

:facep: Geeezz... why are you so hung up on wanting to hear Elvis cuss?