Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Misprinted Girl Happy Booklet.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:26 pm

Has anyone received a misprinted Girl Happy booklet ?

The pages are printed all as one picture instead of half of each page on different pages.

P1010814 - Copy.JPG

P1010815 - Copy.JPG

P1010816 - Copy.JPG

P1010817 - Copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Misprinted Girl Happy Booklet.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Mis-printed or mis-stapled? I remember the booklet in my copy of Elvis: A Legendary Performer was incorrectly collated, so I fixed it myself.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Leave it that way Domino, you now have a collector item! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:54 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Mis-printed or mis-stapled? I remember the booklet in my copy of Elvis: A Legendary Performer was incorrectly collated, so I fixed it myself.

I don't think it's mi stapled.
I took it apart and tried to put it right but I think it's printed wrong.
If you look at how they are made you see that on a correct one the full picture is made up of 2 halves put together.
Like the page with the record .If you took a correct one apart a sheet would be half one picture and half another picture.
On this one when I take it apart it's all one picture.The whole record is one whole sheet .
The layout of all these booklets is the same.
Cover,list of songs page 2,pictures page 3,story board page 4 with half display cards on page 4 & 5,page 6 & 7 is the only full sheet that's in the middle with the staple,In & Outtakes page 8 with the record and pics on page 8 & 9,page 10 is the Off Camera page and page 11 is a still from the film and the back cover.
Because the pages are printed as one complete picture ,I can't assemble it without the pictures getting joined to their wrong other half.
The center page's are the only one's that suppose to have a complete page from left to right.This one has 3 pages like that.
Kind of hard to explain.I e-mailed ShopElvis and they had to ask what I meant.I sent pics but haven't got a response yet.Really the best way to see what I mean is to look at a correctly printed book.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Leave it that way Domino, you now have a collector item! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

I hope they send me a replacement and not want this one back.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here bellow are two correct ones! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Here bellow are two correct ones! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

image.jpeg

If you flip up the corner of the page on the left of the record page you will see it's made up of 2 pages.
My record page is all one sheet.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:33 am

I know the first FTD edition of this release is filled with misspelled names on the list of cast names:

Gory Crosby (Gary)
Herold J. Stone (Harold)
Sunny Doze (Daze)

...and many more...anyone else?

Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:12 am

It seems that ShopElvis is giving me the brush off.They answered my inquiry with a question to explain the problem and then they haven't responded.
Is it really that difficult to just get a replacement booklet ? I'm not asking for the CD and sleeve,just the booklet.
They've replaced the entire package , CD & all due to a defect in the thingy that holds the disc in place on previous orders.They replaced a damaged book before .Why is a booklet so hard to get replaced ?
I'm beginning to think that they are pushing these CD's out so fast that they are getting sloppy.

Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:32 pm

Just got my Girl Happy replacement.
It's the same .I think if anyone plans on getting this disc from ShopElvis then it's probably going to have a misprinted booklet.

P1010948 - Copy.JPG

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:07 am

Domino wrote:Just got my Girl Happy replacement.
It's the same .I think if anyone plans on getting this disc from ShopElvis then it's probably going to have a misprinted booklet.

P1010948 - Copy.JPG

I wonder if it's from the same batch as the first you got. That can you explain it.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:11 am

Mike C wrote:
Domino wrote:Just got my Girl Happy replacement.

P1010948 - Copy.JPG

I wonder if it's from the same batch as the first you got. That can you explain it.

It is the same batch.I bought the first one from ShopElvis .They sent me a replacement and it's the same as the first one.

Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:13 am

Well, I guess these errors are why it takes 1600 pages to catalogue them all!

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:56 am

poormadpeter2 wrote:Well, I guess these errors are why it takes 1600 pages to catalogue them all!

If I had a booklet in it that was printed right I don't think I would need to know there was a misprinted one.
So far no one else has said they have a misprinted one.I've got 2 now.