Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a rare Elvis CD? Show it to us, please!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 am

lpa wrote:Are these considered rare?
ImageImage
ImageImage

I don't know but they look pretty cool....

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:50 am

the top ones are from Argentina and show up from time to time. The Elvis Medley is from BMG Mexico and is fairly hard to find now. It was the only country to issue it on CD. The last one is the Greatest Hits Vol. 1 from BMG Australia and is the only country to issue it. It is very difficult to find.

Greg

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 am

Here are 3 more from BMG USA. The He Walks Beside Me CD was only released in Australia and Canada. The one pictured is from Australia and is rarer than the Canadian issue. The Elvis In Demand CD is from BMG Australia and has not been issued by BMG by any other country. The Roustabout CD (with original track listing) is from Australia and has only been issed in Australia in the mid 1990's by BMG until USA issued it in 2010.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:23 pm

is this one rare?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:49 pm

No , not that rare!

Re-released under the titles "Old Times They Are Not Forgotten" and "Tuscaloosa Night" !

On "One Night In Alabama" is the song from Kathie Westmoreland missing !

There are 2 pressings from "One night In Alabama"!

Mahalo from Ron :mrgreen:

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks for the info Ron

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Dont Know if these are rare either,but they are spares in my collection

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:07 pm

As are these Australian ones

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:21 pm

The Australian Guitar Man is very rare. The original Our Memories Of Elvis from BMG Holland pressed for It's Elvis Time is also hard to come by now.
Greg

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:43 pm

GregCieslik wrote:The Australian Guitar Man is very rare. The original Our Memories Of Elvis from BMG Holland pressed for It's Elvis Time is also hard to come by now.
Greg
Thanks Greg i didnt think it wiould be rare i have 3 copies of it so nice to know

Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks Greg i didnt think it wiould be rare i have 3 copies of it so nice to know

Remember, that there is a "boot" cd from the "Our Memories" cd !

The "boot" cd does not have a matrix number and the printing on the cd is a kind of blurry !

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:11 pm

A few rare ones from Germany and Japan.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:48 pm

More Rare Elvis, , not all, but some.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 pm

More Elvis, some rare, some not as rare.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:36 pm

Afew more rare ones.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:39 pm

A few more.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 am

P1020012.JPG
P1020013.JPG

I think this Memphis to Austria promo single is quite rare.

Alan.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:18 am

P1020011.JPG
P1020010.JPG
P1020009.JPG

And the silver version of the legend box set is pretty hard to get, I have the gold one as well but that was posted already.

Alan.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 am

P1020014.JPG
P1020015.JPG

I know this isn`t especially rare but it is a pretty low number.

Alan.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 am

Here is a nice Japanese version of Known Only To Him CD. Looks very nice with their OBI strip.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:30 am

Here is the extremely rare set from BMG Austria. Great covers. Each volume is a double disc set.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:43 am

Here are the gorgeous and elusive German RCA Record Club releases that have never been issued in any other country. These bring back a lot of memories.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:13 pm

MaHaLo wrote:Thanks Greg i didnt think it wiould be rare i have 3 copies of it so nice to know

Remember, that there is a "boot" cd from the "Our Memories" cd !

The "boot" cd does not have a matrix number and the printing on the cd is a kind of blurry !

Can you show a comparison between the Dutch and boot versions? I worry mine is the boot.

For those seeking a nice club CD, check out http://cgi.ebay.com/elvis-presley-cd-Beginning-Club-CD-Germany-/180521185769?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item2a07e6b1e9

and

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:
Can you show a comparison between the Dutch and boot versions? I worry mine is the boot.

This is a counterfeit of the original RCA / It's Elvis Time release ! The original RCA release has clear writing on the cd and if you take a look at the counterfeit cd than you will see that some parts of the writing is nearly there or complete gone ! This illegal copy has no matrixnumber. Only the code of the CD factory (1188) was printed on the CD ring.

The real RCA CD has this Matrix Nr.: Matrix number: %SPCD 061188 01$

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 pm

P1020016.JPG
P1020017.JPG
P1020018.JPG

Another one from my collection.

Alan.