Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Look what I dun found at the flea market today...

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:07 am

Well done! All i found was a Toby jug and some watch batteries going cheap due to the rust... :roll:

Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:40 am

ElvisRecords.us wrote this about this tour book. Is it true?
"According to ElvisUnique.com, this Tour Photo Album is the rarest of all tour books. It was only available for sale at Elvis' Saturday matinee performance at New York's Madison Square Garden."
Can anybody confirm that?

Nope, I think these were sold during 1972, and not limited for 1 concert only.

The one with the star around Elvis I believe is from 1975.

But you still did a bargain :D

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:36 am

Wasn't the top one included in the original release of "50 Worldwide Gold Hits" LP set?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:24 am

Mister Mike wrote:Wasn't the top one included in the original release of "50 Worldwide Gold Hits" LP set?

8) No its not the same.I have the vol.1 50 worldwide gold hits and I got it on e-bay for a great price including the "rare" booklet for about 20 dollars(+?) including shipping and Elvis Unique says it is a very collectible booklet)(It has some really awesome pics!) And the records are pretty near mint by the looks of them!!!!! 8) :smt006 8)

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:40 pm

intheghetto wrote:Image

ElvisRecords.us wrote this about this tour book. Is it true?
"According to ElvisUnique.com, this Tour Photo Album is the rarest of all tour books. It was only available for sale at Elvis' Saturday matinee performance at New York's Madison Square Garden."
Can anybody confirm that?

Also found these. This one was too big for the scanner.

Paid $5 each, all are in amazing condition.

Hi the "Cisco" tour photo album also sold in Vegas (see pic with the kids) and on Tour.
The "Blue star" photo album also sold in "red" with three Different pages inside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:57 pm

i remeber paying $2.00 for it (a weeks allowence ) in 72 at the greensboro show ::rocks

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Glad to have found this thread. I had a difficult time identifying the book and was surprised to only have found it with any information on one site. I figured if enough people know of this tour book that someone would have more information on it. This forum never disappoints me there. I will update my site to include some of these observations. Thank you.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 pm

intheghetto wrote:
elvisrecords.us wrote:Glad to have found this thread. I had a difficult time identifying the book and was surprised to only have found it with any information on one site. I figured if enough people know of this tour book that someone would have more information on it. This forum never disappoints me there. I will update my site to include some of these observations. Thank you.

Hey there ElvisRecords. I enjoy your site and use it often. You put alot of work into that thing!

I appreciate your comments. I try. Originally, the concept was for me to maintain my collection online so that I will always have it available to me whenever I am looking for a piece to fill in the blanks of my collection. Then the concept evolved. Now, I want to offer an online resource where collectors can contribute, research, or browse. A twist, however, is I am focusing attention to detail where others have either found to be negligible or not at all. An example, today, I discovered two more slight variations in the relatively common Burning Love single. Looking forward to getting those pics online as soon as I get the singles.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 pm

Just confirming again, it was sold during the April tour(EOT) of 1972. I bought this one along with another but I think they were more than $2, but it's been a long time.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:36 am

This "Blue Star" Photo Album is from 1974 it was sold in both large and small.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:35 am

I love these photo albums! I have the one from 1970 with the yellow cover and the photo of Elvis from the Suspicious Minds single, and this one from 1972. My favorite items other than the music in my collection.

http://www.elvisinsiders.com/resource/l ... siders.com

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:37 am

great post

does anyone know what was the last ever Tour photo album book to be released while Elvis was alive ?

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:32 pm

OnTourCam wrote:great post

does anyone know what was the last ever Tour photo album book to be released while Elvis was alive ?

This was used in 77 .....and the Gold box photo album was going to be for his next Tour.....

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Lover Doll wrote:I love these photo albums! I have the one from 1970 with the yellow cover and the photo of Elvis from the Suspicious Minds single, and this one from 1972. My favorite items other than the music in my collection.

Five of these to collect and all different.....six if you include the menu

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:31 pm

VEGAS74 wrote:
Lover Doll wrote:I love these photo albums! I have the one from 1970 with the yellow cover and the photo of Elvis from the Suspicious Minds single, and this one from 1972. My favorite items other than the music in my collection.

Wow! I had no idea!
Were they all from 1970?

Oh yeah, I also have the one that was intended for the tour that never happened, the one in the gold box.
Your collection is gorgeous!!

Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:37 pm

Two Opening Night photo books.
The large 1975 photo book is also a Menu.....

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:36 am

VEGAS74 wrote:

Where the pictures in them the same?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Mike Eder wrote:
VEGAS74 wrote:

Where the pictures in them the same?

Yes all the same pics apart from the "Elvis 1970 in Person" ad and this one with the ad for the Worldwide 50 Gold box set that is on the inside back cover of the photo album that has $1 on the front......also one of the photo albums does not include the pre-print Elvis Presley signature ......(see last pic)

Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:26 pm

Cool thanks for the info!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:35 pm

VEGAS74, thank you for sharing your awesome collection with us!

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 am

VEGAS74, that is most impressive. As others have said, thanks so much for sharing.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:01 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:VEGAS74, that is most impressive. As others have said, thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you FrankieRider2 and Doc....happy to share!!

This is a "uncut roll" from the printers of the 77 Photo album......

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:34 am

i have elvis 1974 &1975 tour books.
debbie gibson 1987
kiss 2003
miley cyrus 2007

Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:42 pm

VEGAS74 wrote:
FrankieRider2 wrote:VEGAS74, that is most impressive. As others have said, thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you FrankieRider2 and Doc....happy to share!!

This is a "uncut roll" from the printers of the 77 Photo album......

Cool.Where did you find those Elvis in person stickers?

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:08 am

VEGAS74 wrote:
OnTourCam wrote:great post

This was used in 77 .....and the Gold box photo album was going to be for his next Tour.....

You are right on the $money$ VEGAS . . . .

file-5.php.jpeg

The above was used for the final tour and . . .

file-6.php.jpeg

The Gold Box Album was extra stock from the tour that never was and was sold posthumously as a special collectors item (with COA from Vernon).

I got both of the above when I was a kid, shortly after EP's passing. Those pieces really made me happy and I still have them.

They are not extremely rare (Lichter over-hypes everything), but are quite nice original memorabilia pieces.

I enjoyed this thread; my thanks.

N8
... just a fan ....