Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
ECC83
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Top 10 Worst Elvis Film Moments ?

Post by ECC83 »

I'm not sure I want to pick such moments because I'm not really knowledgeable about other films made in that era, sure some of it might be corny now, but I doubt it was as corny back then. However the Old McDonald part might be a definite exception :lol:

ColinB
Registered for: 21 years

Post by ColinB »

When he joined the puppet show in G I Blues, my toes curled......................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Steve Morse
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Steve Morse »

The endless repetition of "you scratch my back" (not the song itself) in Paradise Hawaiian Style.

The repeated references to "drinking your lousy coffee" in Charro.

"The Love Machine" scene in ECEG is pretty cringeworthy, as is the song itself.

The scene in Change of Habit, where MTM reappears in her 'habit' is totally unconvincing and should have been reshot. The choreography (if you can use that word in a non-musical sequence) is all wrong, as is the dialogue.

I find Old Macdonald, in the film, is quite fun !

Steve Morse

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

The guy in the dog costume on "The Edge Of Reality" sequence (you can even see the zipper)... the movie was so good until that part!
Last edited by JimmyCool on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvissessions »

Without a doubt, the most excruciating scene in all of Elvis' films is the scene of him curing a girl of autism by hugging her ... good Gawd ... that plus blaming kids' autism on their not getting enough love from their mothers ... jeeeeezuz ... It seems like something out of the Dark Ages now.

For the younger fans who may not know, sadly the damaging quackery was not just an invention of a scriptwriter -- people actually believed that crap back then.
Last edited by elvissessions on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by 3577 »

The Trouble With Girls as a whole.

terbon4

Post by terbon4 »

elvissessions wrote:Without a doubt, the most excruciating scene in all of Elvis' films is the scene of him curing a girl of autism by hugging her ... good Gawd ... that plus blaming kids' autism on their not getting enough love from their mothers ... jeeeeezuz ... It seems like something out of the Dark Ages now.

For the younger fans who may not know, sadly the damaging quackery was not just an invention of a scriptwriter -- people actually believed that crap back then.

yeah really--wish I could cure my son's autism so easily........

pacer1005
Registered for: 14 years 5 months

Post by pacer1005 »

What About Spinout When Large Dog Jumps on the Seat At Table When The Band Is About To Have Dinner At Camp Site And The Band Jumps And Elvis Says "It Ain't Nothing But A Little Old Hound Dog" And Turns His Head To Side To Look At Camera As If To Say I Can't Believe I Just Said That.

The Other One That Springs to Mind As I Watched It The Other Week Is Tickle Me. Julie Adams Character, Boss Of The Ranch Makes A Pass At Elvis And After The Kiss She Asks If Any Thing Is Wrong And Elvis Says "Nothing It's Just That I've Never Been Kissed By My Boss Before" And Again He Turns His Head To Look At Camera And The Look On His Face.

"Kissin' Cousin's - The Whole Movie But a Special Mention For The Special Effects, When 2 Elvis' Are On The Screen At The Same Time. No Expense Was Spared.

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

pacer1005, you sure have an unusual way of typing :wink:

Steve Morse
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Steve Morse »

pacer1005 wrote:What About Spinout When Large Dog Jumps on the Seat At Table When The Band Is About To Have Dinner At Camp Site And The Band Jumps And Elvis Says "It Ain't Nothing But A Little Old Hound Dog" And Turns His Head To Side To Look At Camera As If To Say I Can't Believe I Just Said That.

The Other One That Springs to Mind As I Watched It The Other Week Is Tickle Me. Julie Adams Character, Boss Of The Ranch Makes A Pass At Elvis And After The Kiss She Asks If Any Thing Is Wrong And Elvis Says "Nothing It's Just That I've Never Been Kissed By My Boss Before" And Again He Turns His Head To Look At Camera And The Look On His Face.

"Kissin' Cousin's - The Whole Movie But a Special Mention For The Special Effects, When 2 Elvis' Are On The Screen At The Same Time. No Expense Was Spared.
Actually, no expense was incurred :D

The scene in Tickle Me works, because the whole movie is done "tongue-in-cheek", cardboard scenery and all. Because no one is taking it seriously, it becomes enjoyable and, from his 1972 quote, Elvis thought so too.

Steve Morse

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

KingOfTheJungle

Post by KingOfTheJungle »

3577 wrote:The Trouble With Girls as a whole.
I was going to say the same about Double Trouble, but then I realized I honestly can't. It's the one Elvis movie that I've never been able to stomach a complete viewing of.

King Of The Jungle

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Cryogenic »

elvissessions wrote:Without a doubt, the most excruciating scene in all of Elvis' films is the scene of him curing a girl of autism by hugging her ... good Gawd ... that plus blaming kids' autism on their not getting enough love from their mothers ... jeeeeezuz ... It seems like something out of the Dark Ages now.

The problem, the way I see it, is not so much with that scene -- although, both viscerally and intellectually, it is certainly perturbing -- but with the attitude that the film takes to the physician's technique: later on, the girl appears to be "cured", or, at the least, "on the mend". That contrived conclusion is unconscionably wrong on more levels than I can count. CoH, while remarkable in some respects, also has its share of bullshit, unfortunately, and that plot thread, resolved in the manner it is, stinks to high heaven. Of course, it may also be said to add a kind of absurd appeal: "See Elvis! The Miracle Healer!" But I prefer things that are knowingly absurd, done tongue-in-cheek (e.g. Monty Python), or with some kind of unspoken but pervasive, relentless satirical bent (e.g. Star Wars), not comprised of, or rendered with, mindless, offensive, even dangerous rhetoric and ideas. So, while I can watch and enjoy CoH, I kind of have to put a different hat on to watch it. It's a fantasy, sometimes entertaining, sometimes insulting or lame, and occasionally, just occasionally, outright contemptible.
Last edited by Cryogenic on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Garfield
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Garfield »

jak wrote:The scene with the garden hose in Wild In The Country.
For a teetotaller, I thought Elvis played being drunk very convincingly.

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

elvissessions wrote:Without a doubt, the most excruciating scene in all of Elvis' films is the scene of him curing a girl of autism by hugging her... that plus blaming kids' autism on their not getting enough love from their mothers ... It seems like something out of the Dark Ages now.

I agree. There where alot of silly/foolish scenes in EP:s movies, but this has to be the worst. Then again, they did not know better. Can we still blame them...?

joshferrell

Post by joshferrell »

I don't know if Ican come up with ten but here's a couple..
1.the 8 year old belly dancer.... :shock:
2.bad edits (ala:elvis' hair is wet then all off a sudden is dry and combed perfectly)
3.pretty much any scene involving an animal,except the horses in charro and flaming star
4.elvis knocking out a tiger with karate

joshferrell

Post by joshferrell »

I think that scene would have worked better if they had left "let's be friends" in it...because at least you can say that music/singing is a very healing thing.at least that makes more sense..

Daryl
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...

Post by Daryl »

Hello,

Some that come to mind

1. "Confidence" scene from "Clambake." Or for that matter why don't I just say the entire film with the exception of "You Don't Know Me" and "The Girl I Never Loved."

2. The scene in "Kissin' Cousins" when Pappy Tatum is hanging off of a tree towards the end of the movie. How the hell do you get stuck hanging from a tree branch? Damn in-bred. Should have sold the mountain and moved to Beverly Hills like a television family I know.

3. The scene in "Blue Hawaii" where Elvis paddles the obnoxious blonde teen on the rear end with his hand. Geez, Chad Gates, don't you know you could have children and youth services called in on you. You should have shoved on of those pineapples up her rear to shut her up.

4. "Love Me Tender" The scene where Vance Reno finds out from his brother Clint that his wife had been taken from him while he was gone. Didn't they just remake "Love Me Tender" with Tobey Maguire, Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal in a more modern setting. It was called "Brothers." But seriously, how many guys would be willing to give up their wife that easily to their brother no less?

5. The scene in "Speedway" where Elvis punches his fist through the door. Man, I thought Elvis was a karate guy. Oh that's right. He dusted off those "Kid Galahad" moves one last time. Who's he think he is, "Muhammed Ali?" I know they became friends and all.

6. "Old MacDonald" scene from "Double Trouble" has to rank up there. Where do I begin....Where do I finish. And he's singing it to a British woman, no less. I'm sure British women love hearing hokey country-folk type music about some farmer named Old MacDonald. Man, if that's what it takes to pick up women singing "Old MacDonald"...I'll leave the rest unsaid.

7. The scene in "Girl Happy" where Elvis breaks into the local jail dressed in drag. I know this scene is supposed to be funny, but somehow it nowadays doesn't come across as funny. Who wants to see the "King Of Rock And Roll" dressed in drag? I'll pass.

8. The scene in "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" where Elvis is in the helicopter with all the dogs. Who in their right mind would even attempt something that stupid? Reminds me of the scene from "Dumb And Dumber" where Jeff Daniels had the dog that he's supposed to be taking to a lady for I believe a dog show competition and he brings the dog to her and it looks like crap after the ride the dog endured on it's way to it's owner. I guess Hollywood does repeat some things.

9. The scene in "Follow That Dream" where the mobsters try to blow up the Kwimpers home and Toby takes the explosive back over to the mobsters' place. Where's one of those suits they used in "The Hurt Locker" when you need one? And the bad thing is the mob didn't retaliate. What kind of mob is that? The Pee-Wee League Mob.

10. The scene in "Kid Galahad" where Charles Bronson's character get's his arms busted up by the mob. Come on...this is Charles freakin' Death Wish Bronson!!! This ain't some two-bit actor.

Honorable Mention: The scene that was taken out of "Flaming Star" where Elvis was supposed to sing "Summer Kisses, Winter Tears" while others were smoking a peace pipe. They had enough sense to take it out. Thank God. Although as a collector, it would be cool to see.

3DS Friend Code 0387-8874-3735

Coming Soon --> ELVIS SESSIONS IV

CONFEDERATELVIS
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by CONFEDERATELVIS »

EASY COME EASY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a doctor too so your three doctors - Basil Fawlty

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Maybe the little girl in the film was simply showing the classic symptoms of autism, when she was, in fact, just emotionally disturbed.

In that scenario, the treatment Dr Carpenter gave could well have worked....................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

elvis8atari wrote:
Anyway, while many classic Elvis songs came from his acting period (All Shook Up, Can't Help Falling In Love, Jailhouse rock ext..) !

Which Elvis film did All Shook Up come from? TTWII?

My eldest son is autistic and rage reduction doesn't work. But he can whistle. And he does like throwing things!

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image

Frankie Teardrop
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by Frankie Teardrop »

Some of the moments listed here would be in my favourite Elvis movie moments list.

"Computers may outthink us one day, but as long as people got feelings, we'll be better than they are"
- Quote sometimes attributed to Elvis Presley

Frankie Teardrop
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by Frankie Teardrop »

My all-time worst, in comparison to the rest of the film as an out-of-place moment, is I Slipped I Stumbled I Fell in Wild In The Country.

"Computers may outthink us one day, but as long as people got feelings, we'll be better than they are"
- Quote sometimes attributed to Elvis Presley

Frankie Teardrop wrote:Some of the moments listed here would be in my favourite Elvis movie moments list.
LOL I'm with you Frankie!! Lots of my faves in there!! Pappy Tatum up the tree is a particular fave!

Image Image

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Mike Eder »

I know it's been mentioned already but that "Hey Little Girl" number is perverse!

Mike Eder

The scenes in Kid Galahad with Elvis training whilst wearing girls grey pantyhose always make me turn away in sheer embarrassment!

Image Image