Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a foggy FTD ?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:43 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:As I predicted, we didn't solve this mystery. Too bad! I would have liked an explanation from someone who knows...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Just ignore the customers. Personally I'm not gonna buy FTD anymore, only excpetion will be the Sun project. What's the use of buying Cd's if you can't be sure they will still be playable after only a couple of years?

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:56 am

I had a half dozen or so titles display this problem. Soap and some warm water seems to get rid of it although my "Loving You" disc 2 isn't prestine.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm

The last thing I wanna do is take my FTD's into the shower with me!! :lol:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:11 pm

I checked all my cds and the FTD's not one is foggy.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Matthew wrote:I had a half dozen or so titles display this problem. Soap and some warm water seems to get rid of it although my "Loving You" disc 2 isn't prestine.

What do you use to physically wipe the disc? I need to see if I can "clean up" a couple of my crystalized titles....

Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:48 pm

midnightx wrote:
Matthew wrote:I had a half dozen or so titles display this problem. Soap and some warm water seems to get rid of it although my "Loving You" disc 2 isn't prestine.

What do you use to physically wipe the disc? I need to see if I can "clean up" a couple of my crystalized titles....

Just tissue paper, like Kleenex. That or a lint free cloth. I filled the sink with warm (not too warm) water and some liquid hand soap and submerged a disc, wiped it while under the water with a cloth, rinsed it, and then dried it. Seemed to do the trick.

How long it lasts is another question, my Loving You disc two appears to be a repeat offender, to a minor degree.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:12 am

TONY wrote:The last thing I wanna do is take my FTD's into the shower with me!! :lol:

Why not? I bathe with mine.

I've even made love to a couple of them.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 am

Rob wrote:
TONY wrote:The last thing I wanna do is take my FTD's into the shower with me!! :lol:

I'd never do that.

I just put white panties in them and film them fighting.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 am

Rob wrote:

Is that what the whole in the center of the CD is for? Who knew? :smt003

Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Daryl wrote:
Rob wrote:

If it fits, that's not really something you'd brag about, right? ;-)

Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 pm

hm80ep wrote:
Daryl wrote:
Rob wrote:

I prefer 7 inchers!!

Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:58 pm

This issue should be promptly dealt with by sony or this could seriously damage their reputation.

There are sooo many faulty ftd's that this really is a serious problem.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 am

think the discs they use for the releases cheap made ones?

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:38 am

TONY wrote:I prefer 7 inchers!!

I've heard that about you.

ritchie valens wrote:think the discs they use for the releases cheap made ones?

no cheap made ones releases discs for to think on for another time.

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:30 am

hm80ep wrote:
Daryl wrote:
Rob wrote:

Vinyl 45's are more 'fitting' for me. Besides, I've always had a vinyl/leather/rubber fetish. :smt005

Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Rob wrote:
TONY wrote:I prefer 7 inchers!!

I've heard that about you.

ritchie valens wrote:think the discs they use for the releases cheap made ones?

no cheap made ones releases discs for to think on for another time.

Jesus Rob... you kill me dude! What a great way to start my Sunday! Daryl, great crack about the "hole"... lol... sadly I've never considered the tiny hole an option to satisfy my carnal pleasures...
Oh and another possible solution to clean the CD's is WD40 and steel wool... Ive tried this on several of my CD's and the fog disappears... a grinding wheel may also suffice...
:wink:

Now for those of you who are actually considering trying this... please don't! And stop listening to Elvis immediately! You're an embarrassment...

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:32 pm

WD40, wire wool and a grinding wheel.....PMSL

Dont give people idea's cos some will try them- lol

Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:48 pm

the squirrel wrote:WD40, wire wool and a grinding wheel.....PMSL

Dont give people idea's cos some will try them- lol

Did I also mention that raw vinyl ALWAYS feels better than plexiglass ? :lol:

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:33 am

Are cd manufacturers aware of this? Would FTD offer some kind of recompense to those who complain? Sorry I haven't had time to read through all the posts so I'm not sure if this has already been discussed!

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:37 am

The reality is no one gives a sh*t about a dozen of hardcore fans complaining on a message board. They know we will continue to buy their product regardless. Same thing with "Elvis On Tour", nothing will change because we complain and send them angry emails. They know we'll buy the DVD regardless, and 95% of the buyers won't notice the difference anyway, so forget "Johnny B Goode".

I am not bitter by the way! :oops:

Keith Richards, Jr.

Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Read every message on this thread with interest.

I must admit that when these discs arrived around 2006 I remember thinking that some had this cloudy mark on the playing side, but as the disc played fine I thought they all must be like that.

Isn't it to do with the dye that was used when the discs were copied, or is that only when used on CD-R discs?

Anyway I haven't noticed any discs that either don't play or skip thankfully.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:37 pm

Has anyone contacted FTD about this. I don't know how to reach them or I would.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 pm

I wonder if the same problem will occur on the upcoming Complete Masters Set. Now that would cause a stir.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:I wonder if the same problem will occur on the upcoming Complete Masters Set. Now that would cause a stir.

I was thinking the same thing earlier.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:I wonder if the same problem will occur on the upcoming Complete Masters Set. Now that would cause a stir.

The complete masters set is manufactured in the US if im not mistaken... FTD series is made in the EU... so unless we've seen the same from mainstream BMG issues I doubt we would see this happen with the 30CD set.