Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Do you have a foggy FTD ?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:44 pm

HI there!! :D :D :D.

Mike C wrote:I would try using a cd cleaner solution and cd spinner. I have one I bought several years ago. Since the discs still play I am fine with not having it completely clean.

Do your cds still play, Mike?

Yes, they still play but I hate that foggy blemish :x. Will try to clean it with cd cleaner solution, hope it works but I doubt it....Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:28 pm

Hopefully the fog will be OK. I have some DVDs (mostly Paramount ones) that fogged up 8 or 9 years ago, and they're still playing OK. It's the bronzing or other visible rot that hopefully will never happen to an FTD. Although I guess it'd be hard to sell a foggy FTD on the used market.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:16 pm

It is disappointing that this issue continues.

While I don't have those book/cd combo's mentioned, I certainly sympathize with you all, as it is very distressing.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:25 pm

this will wipe off you may have to go hard with cotton wool but it will come back if you put them back in case i have only got this prob on the 4 stated it has come of for me also on there always me
disc which i have had to put them in jewl case

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:56 am

Mike, just curious regarding your copy of Disc 1 of Fashion for a King. Near the end of track 1, is there a slight flutter in the words "very much" when Elvis says Thank you very much for the 2nd time? It sounds like a digital tape error.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:39 pm

My foggy FTD

Sweet, comic FTD.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:31 pm

I used alcohol substance once, at first it seemed to remove some of the fog. But suddenly the whole disc crumbled in my hands. Bits and pieces of aluminium and plastic.. The alcohol just kinda burned through it. Bye, bye, music.

Be careful with alcohol, boys! :wink: Better drink it instead of pouring it onto your FTD!

Too hot water also doesn't seem to be a good idea, the thing can become unglued.

Why the hell don't they bring something onto the market that is unscratchable, unfogg-able, just plain durable?

All this fog-business is one big commercial for cheap downloading, which is sad and will eventually kill the FTD label.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mike C wrote:Mike, just curious regarding your copy of Disc 1 of Fashion for a King. Near the end of track 1, is there a slight flutter in the words "very much" when Elvis says Thank you very much for the 2nd time? It sounds like a digital tape error.

I have just checked my copy and my cd does the same as yours and in the same place, so you don't have to be worry about having a faulty cd :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Mike C wrote:Mike, just curious regarding your copy of Disc 1 of Fashion for a King. Near the end of track 1, is there a slight flutter in the words "very much" when Elvis says Thank you very much for the 2nd time? It sounds like a digital tape error.

I have just checked my copy and my cd does the same as yours and in the same place, so you don't have to be worry about having a faulty cd :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Thanks, Mike!