Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis on film.

Fri May 02, 2003 9:35 am

There are some posts here about this and that on Elvis on film, video ,dvd. Things like anthology's, movie outtakes, etc. It would be great to have all the stuff we want, BUT. Looking at the last 15 some years what did we got. A lot o' video, dvd's with Elvis' head great on the cover. Specials lasting about an hour or so. With lot's o' bla,bla,bla. I met Elvis here, he did this for me , he gave me this, he was larger then God. He could heal, he ,he,he. In these specials we see clips of Elvis that we saw at least in 10 different specials. And once and while there's a new clip. Mostly candid stuff from outside Graceland meetings with fans or shots from concerts with no sound. Good samples are, hot shots cool clips, image dvd's from . Ya have to get a morgage to be able to pay them. Much bla,bla less Elvis. Sure there is lot's of Stuff from movies, but be for real. If Turner is asking himself if there's going to be a Elvis On Tour dvd, because of the money, you can ask yourself why hoping for movie outtakes. We love Elvis in any way. All the other guys know that, and they love money,money,money. And if they think that there is no money in some Elvis footage we won't get it. So stick to your 34 some movies, 68-73-77 tv specials, your 50's tv clips. That's also the thing on special features on dvd. Those guys have to pay for putting extra's on their dvd's. And they don't wanna pay or give away. They wanna receive. After all with those dvd's i feel for the first that it's worth the money. In this quality we never saw Elvis. Let's hope we ever will get Elvis on tour on dvd, but outtakes of summer kisses winter tears, lonely man, i don't want to, etc. Forget it. Am i just negative or is it all about the money.

Fri May 02, 2003 11:01 am

I don't think Joe Espositos doco was released here(Australia). If you're after it you might find out off EIN if it is available.

:twisted:

Fri May 02, 2003 11:04 am

I would like to get his films and music (without the documentary style of talking over the songs) on DVD. :oops:

:shock:

Fri May 02, 2003 2:14 pm

Yes, the gospeldvd is oké. But i think that there's sometimes a few stories told which are at least over the top. The three great performances dvd's are the best: a lot of Elvis and a less conversation. The definative collection is not my kind of hat. It's maybe nice for the big audience to know a bit more about Elvis. So what we need on dvd is (besides the already released movies) the remaining ones. Plus the long awaited EPE '68 comeback and aloha. There must be a dvd release for Elvis In Concert '77 (more songs). On the other hand it would be nice to get unreleased proffesional filmed stuff (TTWII, On Tour, MSG '72 semi proffesional, feb '70 on stage, nov '72 Hawaii. Even so a release on his 50's tv appearances would be welcome.

Fri May 02, 2003 2:15 pm

Yes carolyn that's a great one. I might watch it over this weekend again.

:D

Fri May 02, 2003 2:20 pm

Yes Phil, I'm waiting for that stuff to escape on DVD. It will be fantastic when it comes out. :D
How long must we wait though.
The 68 special and Aloha will keep me happy for a while, but the other stuff must come out soon. :)
I hope.

Fri May 02, 2003 3:12 pm

The Definitive Collection was unofficial product, and therefore the producers didn’t have access to the majority of the available film footage and had to rely on brief clips. A common problem with many Presley documentaries.
The gospel DVD was a good documentary, with the only problem being that there isn’t that much film available of Elvis performing gospel music, so in some places it got a little repetitive, whilst in others songs were included that were gospel influenced, rather than actual gospel performances.

The Documentary EPE is working on should be a real improvement on what we have seen before. As we know EPE own the footage from Elvis’ three TV specials, and in their previous documentary projects they have always managed to secure the rights to additional footage from movie and TV appearances. Add to this the wealth of private (home movie & fan shot) footage that is available, some out takes from the “TTWII” & “EOT”, Elvis own comments from interviews & press conferences, and interviews from the people who were there at the time, and we should finally get a Presley documentary that is up to the standard of The Beatles’ “Anthology”.

Re: Elvis on film.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:45 pm

it would be great if they made a good documentry usin rare footage and 8mm there must be tons of stuff about we dont even know about, take a look at these screen captures on the set of Viva Las Vegas :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by robbie on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:50 pm

robbie wrote:it would be great if they made a good documentry usin rare footage and 8mm there must be tons of stuff about we dont even know about, take a look at these screen captures on the set of Viva Las Vegas :D

I agree.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:54 pm

robbie wrote:it would be great if they made a good documentry usin rare footage and 8mm there must be tons of stuff about we dont even know about, take a look at these screen captures on the set of Viva Las Vegas :D

can u upload that footage :D

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 am

:smt102 imagine a dvd documenting the tours with 8mm, documents interviews and so on it would be great :idea:

Sun May 05, 2013 2:32 pm

Hey thats good footage never seen that before would you trade that Robbie?

::rocks

Sun May 05, 2013 2:42 pm

Where do those VLV screen caps come from please?

Sun May 05, 2013 9:54 pm

carloselvis wrote:Hey thats good footage never seen that before would you trade that Robbie?

::rocks

Sure if you got something i need post message me

Sun May 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Tony.. wrote:Where do those VLV screen caps come from please?

VLV ? I made some sreen captures from the video

Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 pm

What's this from Robbie? DVD or photos?

Mon May 06, 2013 1:51 am

First In Line wrote:

What's this from Robbie? DVD or photos?

8mm film on the set of Viva Las Vegas