elvis movies video outtkes

Fri May 02, 2003 6:44 am

is there any of these out there
movies outtakes on video.

curtis simpkins

Fri May 02, 2003 6:52 am

i just love to see some of this on video
if theres any outthere,

i bet there they are not coming with them.

curtis simpkins

Fri May 02, 2003 8:33 am

Years ago I saw a TV interview with Jerry Schilling, and he said he was working on some kind of special using Elvis movie outtakes (not concert footage). So, there must be some--there SHOULD be some--it's normal for studio dweebs to save choice bloopers and copy them and copy them and copy them. There should be some Elvis blooper reels in Graceland. I've never heard anything about that project since then. I read somewhere, maybe on this board, that some outtakes exist WITH NO SOUND. Which makes some sense; the sound may be lost (or "borrowed").

I'm almost surprised Dick Clark hasn't come up with any yet. It Could be that he has, but EPE won't play ball--or maybe they're saving those for "The Anthology".

Or "Dick Clark presents Elvis Bloopers and Practical Jokes with Special Guest Star Lisa Marie Presley".

Is Schilling still officially associated with EPE? I have seen his name on non-Elvis things over the past few years.

Fri May 02, 2003 2:22 pm

In the March issue of The Man And His Music Schilling again said that there were a lot of bloopers that took place during filming. As to whether these still exist and where he couldn't say.

The special referred to above must have been "Elvis in Hollywood" which contained very brief outtakes from Jailhouse Rock, if my memory serves me correctly.

Last night I watched another part of the Definitive Elvis set (5 or 6 left to go...) and every now and then a cool, crystal clear b&w unseen (by me at least) photo taken on movie set cropped up (such as the one with Deborah Walley and Elvis with a weird expression on the set of Spinout sitting in front of a trailer (presumably) ). Now I for one would love to see more of such pics taken on movie sets in a quality collection.

I've seen some in the "Elvis in Hollywood" book and in some Tunzi book, but wouldn't it be great if such shots could be collected?

Fri May 02, 2003 6:56 pm

carolynlm wrote:Who owns the rights to these movies? Is it EPE or MGM or Paramount? I have seen Dick Clarks show a couple of times, but nothing ever comes up with Elvis.

Good question Carolyn!

I've watched the bloopers program (hosted by Dick Clark), and I don't ever recall any Elvis bloopers being shown.
If the movie bloopers ever came to light and are shown (with sound), a lot of us Elvis fans would be having a field day with it! :D :lol:

I would love to see the movie outtakes/bloopers.

Tom (from Ohio)

Sat May 03, 2003 5:16 am

i'd just like to see the cut song clips..
they could probily add the song to the scene thats cut.
its been done to old silent 20's movies recently universal added music to draculia.

Sat May 03, 2003 12:45 pm

Would be great to have bloopers or even the deleted songs. We just have to wait for the future and maybe someday it arrives on a new dvd.

I think it's the moviecompanies wich own those outtakes. They also own the movie why not the pieces that were cut out.

BLOOPERS

Sun May 04, 2003 1:40 pm

According to the book "Photographing the King" by Sean Shaver, Col. Parker ordered all out takes from movies destroyed. We have only ever had a few "out-takes" from "Jailhouse rock". These were featured in the video/DVD release "Elvis in Hollywood - the '50's".
TONY D.

Sun May 04, 2003 1:55 pm

i think the deleted songs still exist in the vaults somewhere.lets hope they get released.

Sun May 04, 2003 6:12 pm

Dick Clark has them all.

He is holding them for the his (clarks) 40th Birthday show - about 2010. :twisted:

The movie studios would retain all rights and copies etc. After all as far as each movie was concerned Elvis was just one of the actors even though he was the most important one! EPE would have no more rights than Annette or Hope Lange or any other co-star.

The Colonel may well have arranged some form of legal agreement that any outtakes featuring Elvis may not be released from the studios for ever or a set period of years however.

I would imagine the outtakes would most likely be silent as Ohnono suggests - the song ones would for sure. :(

Mon May 05, 2003 10:46 am

I have a tape in my collection with the nude part from Charro. This is not in the movie. So there are some bloopers or out takes from movies out there.

greatings,
Erik van den Berg.

Mon May 05, 2003 3:23 pm

Which 'nude' scene are you referring to - if it is the bathtub scene then this cannot be called an outtake as such because it does exist in some prints of the movie - indeed back in the late 80's Charro was screened around midnight on BBC1 here in the UK complete with bathtub scene (not that it's very exciting)

The outtake scenes for Charro that would be a real find would be the extended branding scene and/or the topless saloon girl scene.

Curtis - there haven't been any additional movie bloopers or outtakes made available since I answered you the last time you asked this question a few weeks ago ;)