Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

rochester, ny footage

Fri May 02, 2003 2:52 am

Hi. Im curious as to whether or not there is any amateur footage of either of Elvis' shows in Rochester, NY. Either in '76 or '77. I'm from Rochester so I'd be curious to know if anything exists. Also, any audience recordings on Cd?

Thanks for any help,
Kevin

Fri May 02, 2003 6:19 am

Kevin-

The 5/25/77 show is captured in an audience recording with the odd title of "Jailhouse Rock Man In Concert". It is a pretty good audience recording, although chatty at times and a little distant-sounding, of one of the better '77 shows.

Here is the tracklisting:

Also Sprach Zarathustra
See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Love Me
If You Love Me
You Gave Me A Mountain
Jailhouse Rock
O'Sole Mio/It's Now Or Never
Little Sister
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Tryin' To Get To You
One Night
[band introductions]
Early Morning Rain
What'd I Say
Johnny B. Goode
School Days
Hurt
Hound Dog
Can't Help Falling In Love

Fri May 02, 2003 6:21 am

I should have been clearer--I don't know about video footage, but what I described above is the CD.

Fri May 02, 2003 2:48 pm

There is indeed some reasonable amateur footage availeble on both VHS and VCD from the July 26th 1976 and the May 25th 1977 shows.

search, and you will find :D

regards,
Stefan

Fri May 02, 2003 3:14 pm

Stefan is right,amateur footage excist.
From the 1976 show i can speak of,the visual is pretty good and close; a shame they used another show to overdub it soundwise.

Fri May 02, 2003 3:26 pm

Hi kmlelvis!

I just wanted to pass along that the May 25, 1977 show is one of my favorites from 1977.
The set list is not necessarily the best but Elvis sounds great in this show.
He doesn't sound all "doped up" like he does in most of the shows from '77.
If you haven't heard this show you should make an effort to track it down.
I would send it to you myself but I only have it on cassette (I picked it up from Larry Patrick about 15 years ago).
Seriously, this show is a good listen.

PS. the audience recording isn't the best - sound quality wise - but again, it's worth it to hear Elvis in control!!!