Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD Cut me & I bleed?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 am

Do you think that one day FTD could come out with a similar release as this Bootleg call "Cut me & I Bleed" CD? It contains funny outtakes and Elvis cussing. Maybe we could get it in the 7” inch digi-pack format features a 12-page booklet with great photographs and RARE memorabilia. :lol:

Cut me & I bleed
Double G DG 003 (Released 1999)
Ode to a Robin
Wings of an angel
U.S. Male (take 4)
100 years from now (uncut)
Got my mojo working (uncut)
I washed my hands in muddy water (uncut)
Only the strong survive (uncut)
It's midnight (rehearsal Aug. 16, 1974)
Promised land (rehearsal Aug. 16, 1974)
Hurt (X-rated Version)
Cindy, Cindy (uncut)
Goin' home (takes 16/19)
Beach shack (Takes 1/3)
Don't cry daddy (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970)
Heart of Rome (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970)
Memories (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970)
Stranger in my own home town (studio rehearsal July 24, 1970)
Good time Charlie's got the blues (live, Aug. 19 1974)
You gave me a molehill (studio rehearsal March 31, 1972)
Polk a little sock salad (studio rehearsal March 31, 1972)
American trilogy (live, August 30, 1974)
Monologue (Drug Story)
Last edited by Justintoelvis on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: FTD Cut me & I bleed?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:12 am

Justintoelvis wrote:Do you think that one day FTD could come out with a similar release as this Bootleg call "Cut me & I Bleed" CD. It contains funny outtakes and Elvis cussing. Maybe we could get it in the 7” inch digi-pack format features a 12-page booklet with great photographs and RARE memorabilia. :lol:

You mean like what? A handwritten list of Elvis's favorite swear words or pictures or even footage of him... swearing? The letter would beg for a bonus DVD, wouldn't it? ;-)
Last edited by hm80ep on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 am

Justintoelvis wrote:Do you think that one day FTD could come out with a similar release as this Bootleg call "Cut me & I Bleed" CD.

No.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 am

Definately not

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:56 am

While FTD has been quite liberal withallowing Elvis's swearing, i don't think this one will happen

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 am

No. I rather see rehearsals being released complete, rather than highlights compiled on a Cut Me And I Bleed FTD. I would like to see the complete March 31, 1972 given the same treatment as From Sunset to Vegas and count me in for the July 15, 1970 Get Down And Dirty rehearsals, the 1974 Let Me Be The One homerecordings or the 1972 I'm Leaving It Up To You rehearsal. BTW: are there more recordings known from this occassion?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:16 am

Do you think the fans will ever get a FTD release of a CD that will have the X-rated version of Hurt on it? They haven't release the Classic Album of From Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, Tennessee and Moody Blue. So it could be possible that they would release that song.
Last edited by Justintoelvis on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:22 am

Yeah let's have an official release of Elvis effing and jeffing. Brilliant idea. They should have held back the TTWII and Elvis Country FTD's in favour of this...

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Yeah let's have an official release of Elvis effing and jeffing. Brilliant idea. They should have held back the TTWII and Elvis Country FTD's in favour of this...

I was just poking fun of this CD. I use to own Cut me & I Bleed. I got rid of it sometime over the years because it wasn't a great complication of his music. I understand the point of this CD. They wanted people to have a collection of Elvis cussing and saying inappropriate comments during his rehearsals, studio sessions, and live concerts. I agree with Alexander. I would like a complete session, rehearsal, and concert. Do you think FTD will ever release their version of Desert Storm?
Last edited by Justintoelvis on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:59 am

I doubt they'll issue Desert Storm - I still enjoy that show though, quite perversely. Gotta be in the right mood though. I reckon we'll get at least another Aug 74 show on FTD eventually, maybe some bonus tracks from Desert Storm.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Justintoelvis wrote:Do you think that one day FTD could come out with a similar release as this Bootleg call "Cut me & I Bleed" CD?

No.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Why would they????

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Justintoelvis wrote:Do you think the fans will ever get a FTD release of a CD that will have the X-rated version of Hurt? They haven't release the Classic Album of From Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, Tennessee and Moody Blue. So it could be possible that they would release that song.

An official version on an official release? No.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:46 pm

midnightx wrote:
Justintoelvis wrote:Do you think the fans will ever get a FTD release of a CD that will have the X-rated version of Hurt? They haven't release the Classic Album of From Elvis Presley Blvd, Memphis, Tennessee and Moody Blue. So it could be possible that they would release that song.

An official version on an official release? No.

As a completest, I hope FTD will satisfied the fans by offering all the available studio outtakes, rehearsals, and live concerts. Even though I'm 32, I don't think that will ever happen in my lifetime. That would be a huge library of Elvis music but that my expensive hobby that would make me happy.

I don't think FTD/RCA/BMG/SONY don't own all that Elvis material that bootleggers offer the fans. Am I right on that?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Justintoelvis wrote:Do you think that one day FTD could come out with a similar release as this Bootleg call "Cut me & I Bleed" CD?

There is no chance of this ever happening.

Such a release is the antithesis of what FTD is all about.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:09 am

I'd love to have Hurt take 69 on an official cd, but FTD is not the place for this. No, this belongs on the Legacy release of From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee. It would be a good way of letting the mainstream fans know their idol could get down and do the dirt like the best of today's stars. Maybe include a remix version of it with a hip hop beat, could have similar success on the charts as ALLC.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:58 am

Lonely Summer, you're on to something. It would have been a great addition to Viva Elvis.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 am

They could work in a sample of "rip your tongue out by the roots", too.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:08 am

Lonely Summer wrote:They could work in a sample of "rip your tongue out by the roots", too.

You're a creative genius.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:10 pm

Thank you, thank you very much.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:29 am

Fool Album here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73922

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 am

Energy Catalyzer wrote:Fool Album

?
Last edited by Rob on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:53 am

Energy Catalyzer wrote:Fool Album here
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=73922

Aah, I see! We as Elvis fans are so lucky to have this. FTD needs to get this on the market, fast....then watch Apple try to copy their success by putting out a cd of Beatles cussing, making inappropriate comments, etc. "Don't Want No Pakistanis"

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 pm

No, we can make our own version of "Cut Me & I Bleed" with better sound at home.
(One of my first boots, and I liked it a lot back then.)

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 am

I don't see how this particular release would fit with the stated purpose of the FTD label.

rlj