Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Mike Stone

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:38 am

DEH wrote:
rjm wrote:One more thing. Men play around. Women play for keeps.

Keep that in mind, fellas.

rjm

You are giving women way too much credit bud.lol

"bud"?? Does that comment sound like it comes from "bud"??

rjm :smt061

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:23 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
debtd1 wrote:on the other hand, she knew what he was like before she married him ...

Priscilla Beaulieu was also a teenager up until about a year and a half before they married. Elvis was not.

Doc.....she was just shy of her 22 birthday when they married, and not forgetting, women can be wily, crafty, and manipulative.......especially when they want a ring on their finger

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 pm

debtd1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
debtd1 wrote:on the other hand, she knew what he was like before she married him ...

Priscilla Beaulieu was also a teenager up until about a year and a half before they married. Elvis was not.

Doc.....she was just shy of her 22 birthday when they married ...

Priscilla was a teenager from September 13, 1959 to May 23, 1965 (68 months).
Priscilla was not a teenager from May 24, 1965 to May 1, 1967 (23 months, 1 week).

One person was the adult for the majority of this period.
It was not Priscilla Beaulieu.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

this mirrors my view exactly. think, she was naive; if suspicious, she sure hoped he would change in a marriage (like many women do).

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 am

I've just read the last few pages of this thread and can't believe some of the lengths people will go to give Elvis a pass on his infidelities. So let me get this straight from the Elvis could do no wrong brigade: Elvis could have affairs but that was ok because he always came home to Priscilla; but she's the whore of Babylon for having an affair with Mike Stone and leaving the marriage over him. That's really some twisted logic at work there!

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:42 am

Pete Dube wrote:I've just read the last few pages of this thread and can't believe some of the lengths people will go to give Elvis a pass on his infidelities. So let me get this straight from the Elvis could do no wrong brigade: Elvis could have affairs but that was ok because he always came home to Priscilla; but she's the whore of Babylon for having an affair with Mike Stone and leaving the marriage over him. That's really some twisted logic at work there!

I think both were wrong for cheating. If you are unhappy in a marriage and things can't be worked out you should leave. not screw other people. i was not putting Priscilla down. Just saying i don't think she would have had the courage to leave Elvis if she didn't have a man waiting for her. Stone was her escape hatch.:)

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:15 am

DEH wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:I've just read the last few pages of this thread and can't believe some of the lengths people will go to give Elvis a pass on his infidelities. So let me get this straight from the Elvis could do no wrong brigade: Elvis could have affairs but that was ok because he always came home to Priscilla; but she's the whore of Babylon for having an affair with Mike Stone and leaving the marriage over him. That's really some twisted logic at work there!

I think both were wrong for cheating. If you are unhappy in a marriage and things can't be worked out you should leave. not screw other people.

I agree with you, they needed to have the divorce much earlier.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:17 am

DEH wrote:I think both were wrong for cheating.

Yup. Elvis cheated the entire 12-year period described, Priscilla beginning in 1971. Quite the level playing field.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 am

Ain't it called "southern mentality"? :mrgreen:
Don't wonna offend nobody, of course...

I think this has been a matter of discussions for ages - the "ordinary" human being (mostly the one with the dumbstick) thinks when a male person goes wrong, he's a hero, a womanizer.
When a female person goes wrong, she's a sl*t or whatever... unfortunately this still seems to be the common opinion. Or am I (hopefully) mistaken?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DEH wrote:I think both were wrong for cheating.

Yup. Elvis cheated the entire 12-year period described, Priscilla beginning in 1971. Quite the level playing field.

Elvis was obviously the worse of the two. This may sound like nitpicking but Priscilla apparently also screwed her dance teacher in the late 60's.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 am

Don't be silly.

No one was saying anything like that.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:42 am

brian wrote:

Don't be silly.

No one was saying anything like that.

Can someone give me the real whore of babylon's phone number. only if she is pretty mind you.:)

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:I think this has been a matter of discussions for ages - the "ordinary" human being (mostly the one with the dumbstick) thinks when a male person goes wrong, he's a hero, a womanizer.
When a female person goes wrong, she's a sl*t or whatever... unfortunately this still seems to be the common opinion. Or am I (hopefully) mistaken?
fine observation skills, lucky. i guess, you´re right and no, you´re not mistaken.
gender equalitiy? - dream on!

food for thought.

DEH wrote:Can someone give me the real whore of babylon's phone number. only if she is pretty mind you.:)
can you afford it/her? nothin´ in life ´s for free, even death costs a life (or -in the colonel´s words-: "how much does it cost, if it´s for free?" -paraphrasing-).

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 pm

That's the same point I was making Pete. This has been a very "interesting" read.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
debtd1 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Doc.....she was just shy of her 22 birthday when they married ...

Priscilla was a teenager from September 13, 1959 to May 23, 1965 (68 months).
Priscilla was not a teenager from May 24, 1965 to May 1, 1967 (23 months, 1 week).

One person was the adult for the majority of this period.
It was not Priscilla Beaulieu.

Yes, she was a teenager........but she wasn't thick or blind.
He may have tried to keep her at Graceland, away from his antics in LA, but I'm sure magazines, well meaning friends...the news etc....would have filtered through so she was aware of who he was 'cozying' upto.....

I don't condone Elvis cheating on her.....or any other woman he 'dated', but I reiterate again.....she knew what she was doing walking into that room at the Aladdin on 1st May 67.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:52 pm

debtd1 wrote:Yes, she was a teenager........but she wasn't thick or blind.
He may have tried to keep her at Graceland, away from his antics in LA, but I'm sure magazines, well meaning friends...the news etc....would have filtered through so she was aware of who he was 'cozying' upto.....

I don't condone Elvis cheating on her.....or any other woman he 'dated', but I reiterate again.....she knew what she was doing walking into that room at the Aladdin on 1st May 67.

You give a teenager in love too much credit for sober, wishful thinking. And, by inference, lessen Elvis' major role in all of this.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:55 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:

Ain't it called "southern mentality"? :mrgreen:
Don't wonna offend nobody, of course...

I think this has been a matter of discussions for ages - the "ordinary" human being (mostly the one with the dumbstick) thinks when a male person goes wrong, he's a hero, a womanizer.

Plain and simple.

A man who boasts about this one night stands is a macho-type, a stud
A woman who does the same is a whore.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:05 am

Priscilla was like millions of other women who thought they could change the men they were in "love" with. When it comes to this stuff women don't think with their heads. That's why so many women get into relationships with men that are not good for them and end up unhappy. they need to throw all of that romantic nonsense out and think with their head. If you have to "change" someone then there is something seriously wrong.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:29 am

DEH wrote:Priscilla was like millions of other women who thought they could change the men they were in "love" with. When it comes to this stuff women don't think with their heads. That's why so many women get into relationships with men that are not good for them and end up unhappy. they need to throw all of that romantic nonsense out and think with their head. If you have to "change" someone then there is something seriously wrong.

What a dumb teenager she was!

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:00 am

DEH wrote:Priscilla was like millions of other women who thought they could change the men they were in "love" with. When it comes to this stuff women don't think with their heads. That's why so many women get into relationships with men that are not good for them and end up unhappy. they need to throw all of that romantic nonsense out and think with their head. If you have to "change" someone then there is something seriously wrong.

There's nothing "wrong": it's something many, many women do. You have to "learn" your way out of it. Really.

Present company included. You get involved with a guy, and once you find out he's got problems, and you feel the vulnerability . . . you're hooked. I mean, hooked. It has happened to me. And I don't mean on the 'net: I mean in the "real" (in-the-flesh) world, going back to when I was in my twenties.

You see, there's this thing: I can't really explain it. You think you can solve the problems, and truly change the person's life! I'm serious. Goes back to when one is quite young, too. Certainly not 14 or 16 or even 18. But in your twenties, that "something" often kicks in. I don't guess I'm speaking for every female, but gosh, listen to this song!! This is THE song about that. It's all so true. And she has spoken of the thing inside many women. "Maternal Instinct" or whatever it is.

They used pictures of him! Well, it's her song.

phpBB [video]

rjm

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 am

Elvis was "heading straight for a fall." Priscilla jumped out of the car, and he went over the cliff.*(see note below)

rjm

*note: Reference to the "Chickie Run" scene from Rebel Without A Cause. One goes over the cliff; the other jumps out just in time. Not a good thing with which to be involved.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:17 am

Elvis never should have gotten married. period. he liked to fool around, as most rock and rollers do (including Bobby Zimmerman), and unless your wife is Hillary Clinton she's not gonna put up with it. Well, okay, I guess Chuck Berry's wife has put up with it for over 50 years, I'll never understand that.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:52 am

Lonely Summer wrote:Elvis never should have gotten married. period. he liked to fool around, as most rock and rollers do (including Bobby Zimmerman), and unless your wife is Hillary Clinton she's not gonna put up with it. Well, okay, I guess Chuck Berry's wife has put up with it for over 50 years, I'll never understand that.

What makes you think Madam Secretary Clinton actually puts up with it?

She's never home, and so they're not together. But she took a lot of bleep for a while - and was trapped. She has handled her "hound dog" with amazing grace. And he is a rock'n'roller, kind of.

rjm
P.S. As for Elston Gunn, or Bobby Zee (the first was his first stage name!), he did something REALLY cold when Joan thought they were still an item; he got a chick "expecting"! Married the expecting one under secretive circumstances, less than a couple months before Jesse Byron Dylan arrived on January 6, 1966.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:Elvis never should have gotten married. period. he liked to fool around, as most rock and rollers do (including Bobby Zimmerman), and unless your wife is Hillary Clinton she's not gonna put up with it. Well, okay, I guess Chuck Berry's wife has put up with it for over 50 years, I'll never understand that.

according to IMETJB this quote from chuck may explain somethin´ about it:
"As long as you keep the home fires burning--you can do what you want. Just keep the home fires burning."

(where did you find that quote, imetjb? are you sure, it´s from his mouth?)

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:08 pm

rjm wrote:

There's nothing "wrong": it's something many, many women do. You have to "learn" your way out of it. Really.

Present company included. You get involved with a guy, and once you find out he's got problems, and you feel the vulnerability . . . you're hooked. I mean, hooked. It has happened to me. And I don't mean on the 'net: I mean in the "real" (in-the-flesh) world, going back to when I was in my twenties.

You see, there's this thing: I can't really explain it. You think you can solve the problems, and truly change the person's life! I'm serious. Goes back to when one is quite young, too. Certainly not 14 or 16 or even 18. But in your twenties, that "something" often kicks in. I don't guess I'm speaking for every female, but gosh, listen to this song!! This is THE song about that. It's all so true. And she has spoken of the thing inside many women. "Maternal Instinct" or whatever it is.

They used pictures of him! Well, it's her song.

phpBB [video]

rjm

it was wrong and it's a mistake millions and millions of women make. then they blame men when it was them not using there head. it was just the womens bad taste in men. and they pass over good men to spend years doing that nonsense.