Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Mike Stone

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:01 pm

ColinB wrote:
brian wrote:If I shaved my ass and then bent over and began walking backwards i'd still be better looking than Mike Stone.


This has evoked a mental image that I'm having difficulty erasing from my mind .......................... if only one of our girls had posted that................



Ok I'll bite............LOL

I don't need to shave my ass.........I'll bend over backwards, with just a g-string on............... :smt003 :smt003
I'll 'definitely' look better than Mike Stone..............pmsl

Re: Mike Stone

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 pm

debtd1 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
brian wrote:If I shaved my ass and then bent over and began walking backwards i'd still be better looking than Mike Stone.


This has evoked a mental image that I'm having difficulty erasing from my mind .......................... if only one of our girls had posted that................



Ok I'll bite............LOL

I don't need to shave my ass.........I'll bend over backwards, with just a g-string on............... :smt003 :smt003
I'll 'definitely' look better than Mike Stone..............pmsl


Well, if you need a good photographer to capture the moment... :lol: :lol:

Re: Mike Stone

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:04 pm

can someone please check on Colin - he may have just spontaneously combusted!

Re: Mike Stone

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:28 am

debtd1 wrote:
ColinB wrote:
brian wrote:If I shaved my ass and then bent over and began walking backwards i'd still be better looking than Mike Stone.
This has evoked a mental image that I'm having difficulty erasing from my mind .......................... if only one of our girls had posted that................
Ok I'll bite............LOL

I don't need to shave my ass.........I'll bend over backwards, with just a g-string on............... :smt003 :smt003
I'll 'definitely' look better than Mike Stone..............pmsl


You haven't quite got the idea there, Deb !

It was bending over [forwards] & walking backwards !

stupot wrote:Well, if you need a good photographer to capture the moment...


Oh, no need, I got my HD camcorder all primed & ready !

Re: Mike Stone

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:45 am

...from the picture section...

Guest wrote:
Lew Nyack wrote:At least Stone helped with the groceries.

Image
He stole his wife ,his kid, and even his TTWII rehearsal shirt... :D :D

Re: Mike Stone

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:51 am

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And obviously Priscila saw something about him ( great sex?). So (speculation on my part) ....Elvis' ego went down the drain losing his lovely wife to a guy that was a million miles from him in the looks department, ,but "beauty is only skin deep". And maybe this person was much more "beautiful" on the inside.. (where it really counts). Or she saw it THAT(him) way at the time.

Re: Mike Stone

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:33 pm

To make a long story short.....Elvis goes out has an affair , does his thing, comes home to wife.

Priscilla goes out has an affair, falls in love , leaves husband.

Anyone spot the difference of the extreme???

Parable of the above:
Elvis borrows.
Priscilla keeps
.

Case closed.

Re: Mike Stone

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:05 pm

promiseland wrote:Elvis goes out has an affair...
Priscilla goes out has an affair...

Anyone spot the difference???


Not really.

Re: Mike Stone

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:25 am

KHoots wrote:
promiseland wrote:Elvis goes out has an affair...
Priscilla goes out has an affair...

Anyone spot the difference???


Not really.

Apparently you and Priscilla think just alike.

Re: Mike Stone

Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:03 am

In any event, looks like she kept the shirt.

rjm

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:06 am

promiseland wrote:To make a long story short.....Elvis goes out has an affair , does his thing, comes home to wife.

Priscilla goes out has an affair, falls in love , leaves husband.

Anyone spot the difference of the extreme???

No.

Your interpretation is flawed. There was never a level playing field; Elvis was never committed to Priscilla. In the main, Presley always dated other women, even back when he was 19, and in love with Memphis steady Dixie Locke.

On the other hand, she apparently did not break out monogamy until the year after Elvis has told her, when she was 6 months pregnant, that he wanted out of the marriage. How awful she must have felt at that moment. How lousy she must have felt when her husband no longer desired her after February 1, 1968.

I'm no fan of Priscilla Beaulieu, but facts are facts. That she decided, at the age of 27, to get out and live a more fulfilled life was probably a very difficult, but essential choice. Elvis was never going to change his ways.

P.S. Priscilla was attracted to Mike Stone because he was an incredibly good-looking, tough, virile athlete. Anyone who cannot see that is either jealous, blind or both.

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
promiseland wrote:To make a long story short.....Elvis goes out has an affair , does his thing, comes home to wife.

Priscilla goes out has an affair, falls in love , leaves husband.

Anyone spot the difference of the extreme???

No.

Your interpretation is flawed. There was never a level playing field; Elvis was never committed to Priscilla. In the main, Presley always dated other women, even back when he was 19, and in love with Memphis steady Dixie Locke.


Hmmm. 19? Who would those women be? And what is a "woman" to a teenager? I have heard all kinds of stories, but I'm not really sure about one I heard here: about Elvis going parking across the Mississippi border with a black girl, and accompanied by another such couple. A cop told the story on TV a while back, according to an FECC member, who saw it on TV.

Greil Marcus has said he heard similar stories, but he seemed to draw back from what he heard after reading Guralnick. (And that is just not sufficient reason. Peter was VERY conservative in this area, and discounted most everything. So, I would think about what Marcus had researched earlier.)

Still, it's not enough for me to believe it, because of one thing: who are these females? Have they ever announced themselves? And why not? Been a long time. Long enough.

I was of the opinion that Elvis was a virgin when he and Dixie hooked up. And on the road, well at first, I know of no stories from '54. Perhaps you have. Feel free to share!!

I always thought Dixie dumped him because of his new "mistress": his career. She told his mother, who called him and told him he'd been dumped. By then, I think he WAS playing around, but he was a mature man of 20. :lol:

Now, to Priscilla . . .

drjohncarpenter wrote:On the other hand, sheapparently did not break out monogamy until the year after Elvis has told her, when she was 6 months pregnant, that he wanted out of the marriage. How awful she must have felt at that moment.



Spot-on and unimaginable. He must have been going through something we cannot understand. I mean, I don't think it was a roving eye then; I think he kinda freaked out -- felt trapped, scared. Also, at a certain point in her pregnancy, although she didn't realize it until later, he just didn't want to be intimate wih her. Anymore.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
How lousy she must have felt when her husband no longer desired her after February 1, 1968.



I don't think "lousy" can quite capture what that must have been like, but that's one. I think they were both very confused as to what was wrong. Especially in '68. Marriage counseling DID exist in the 60s, and if a young couple EVER needed it, it was them. Right away.

drjohncarpenter wrote:I'm no fan of Priscilla Beaulieu, but facts are facts. That she decided, at the age of 27, to get out and live a more fulfilled life was probably a very difficult, but essential choice. Elvis was never going to change his ways.

P.S. Priscilla was attracted to Mike Stone because he was an incredibly good-looking, tough, virile athlete. Anyone who cannot see that is either jealous, blind or both.


Agreed. And most people had BAD HAIR in the '70s. A fact.
But she DID grab that shirt -- that is Elvis's shirt, and gave it to the other guy! Holy Freud! (One reason I believe her claim of ongoing love.)

rjm

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:06 am

One more thing. Men play around. Women play for keeps.

Keep that in mind, fellas.

rjm

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:29 am

rjm wrote:Hmmm. 19? Who would those women be?

Here's one, from Shreveport, circa December 1954.


970000_Stand By Me Volume 2.JPG

Stand By Me: The Gospel According To Elvis, Volume 2 (2001, 1997)
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/standme2.html

Note: this is just one example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:33 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:There was never a level playing field; Elvis was never committed to Priscilla. In the main, Presley always dated other women, even back when he was 19, and in love with Memphis steady Dixie Locke.

On the other hand, she apparently did not break out monogamy until the year after Elvis has told her, when she was 6 months pregnant, that he wanted out of the marriage. How awful she must have felt at that moment. How lousy she must have felt when her husband no longer desired her after February 1, 1968.

I'm no fan of Priscilla Beaulieu, but facts are facts. That she decided, at the age of 27, to get out and live a more fulfilled life was probably a very difficult, but essential choice. Elvis was never going to change his ways.

P.S. Priscilla was attracted to Mike Stone because he was an incredibly good-looking, tough, virile athlete. Anyone who cannot see that is either jealous, blind or both.


Damn right! "That's The Way It Was"

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:35 am

Thank you. I do what I can.

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:56 am

rjm wrote:One more thing. Men play around. Women play for keeps.

Keep that in mind, fellas.

rjm


You are giving women way too much credit bud.lol

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:31 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
promiseland wrote:To make a long story short.....Elvis goes out has an affair , does his thing, comes home to wife.

Priscilla goes out has an affair, falls in love , leaves husband.

Anyone spot the difference of the extreme???

No.

Your interpretation is flawed. There was never a level playing field; Elvis was never committed to Priscilla. In the main, Presley always dated other women, even back when he was 19, and in love with Memphis steady Dixie Locke.

On the other hand, she apparently did not break out monogamy until the year after Elvis has told her, when she was 6 months pregnant, that he wanted out of the marriage. How awful she must have felt at that moment. How lousy she must have felt when her husband no longer desired her after February 1, 1968.

I'm no fan of Priscilla Beaulieu, but facts are facts. That she decided, at the age of 27, to get out and live a more fulfilled life was probably a very difficult, but essential choice. Elvis was never going to change his ways.

P.S. Priscilla was attracted to Mike Stone because he was an incredibly good-looking, tough, virile athlete. Anyone who cannot see that is either jealous, blind or both.



spot on Doc, he shouldn't have married...........

Re-Mike......he might have been a 'tough and virile athlete'...that I agree on......but good looking?....not to me

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:59 pm

rjm wrote:Men play around. Women play for keeps.

Keep that in mind, fellas.

Absolutely untrue. I had my own band for 12 years and managed a nightclub for two years. I know for a fact how women "play for keeps."

Many want to "play around" as much, if not more, than guys do.

Keep that in mind, fellas.

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:01 pm

promiseland wrote:
KHoots wrote:
promiseland wrote:Elvis goes out has an affair...
Priscilla goes out has an affair...

Anyone spot the difference???


Not really.

Apparently you and Priscilla think just alike.


Not in the least. I have never had an affair on my wife, nor will I ever. I have, however, been on the other end--from two previous wives, in fact. It is no fun, and not something which anyone can justify, regardless of the circumstances.

Wrong is wrong. That was the point I was making.

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Rob wrote:
rjm wrote:Men play around. Women play for keeps.

Keep that in mind, fellas.

Absolutely untrue. I had my own band for 12 years and managed a nightclub for two years. I know for a fact how women "play for keeps."

Many want to "play around" as much, if not more, than guys do.

Keep that in mind, fellas.


Amen Brother. some of the most shallow people i have ever met have been women. i don't like the myth that women are so much deeper than men. i know women who hook up with men just because they are good looking and have nice hair. and fool around without giving it a second thought.

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:55 pm

I think Mike Stone was a perfect excuse to get the hell out of the bad marriage Priscilla had. she was miserable and she hopped on Mike Stone. (literally) because Mike Stone was giving her the attention she wasn't getting from Elvis. can you blame her. Everyone needs Physical attention if you know what i am saying. i don't know if she would have left if there was no man waiting for her. but she needed to get out of that marriage and stone was there for her.

Re: Mike Stone

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 pm

I agree DEH.........

on the other hand, she knew what he was like before she married him.......'a leopard doesn't change it's spots'......

Re: Mike Stone

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:02 am

debtd1 wrote:on the other hand, she knew what he was like before she married him ...

Priscilla Beaulieu was also a teenager up until about a year and a half before they married. Elvis was not.

Re: Mike Stone

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:34 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rjm wrote:Hmmm. 19? Who would those women be?

Here's one, from Shreveport, circa December 1954.


970000_Stand By Me Volume 2.JPG

Stand By Me: The Gospel According To Elvis, Volume 2 (2001, 1997)
http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/standme2.html

Note: this is just one example.


Holy smokes aland sakes alive!! {From "I Got Stung"}

But, how many rock 'n' rollers have their Mama right next to 'em when they're tyring to sow some oats?

rjm
P.S. -- One example? Share away!! He certainly started making up for lost time! Poor Dixie. But she took care of herself.