Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mike Stone

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 am

Curious about this guy..

What concerts does Elvis specifically mention him?

And any pictures of him?

Re: Mike Stone

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 pm

The guy starred a "Tell Sell" campaign some time ago.
A healthy son of a gun for his age...

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:23 pm

elvis8atari wrote:Curious about this guy..

What concerts does Elvis specifically mention him?

And any pictures of him?

I think Elvis mentions him on the CD "Desert storm". The date was september 2 1974.

Kind regards

Björn

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:10 pm

dreambear wrote:I think Elvis mentions him on the CD "Desert storm". The date was september 2 1974.

Kind regards

Björn
"mike stone ain´t no stud ... he´s a ... very nice guy" (live on stage, september 2nd, las vegas, who could ever forget it?!).

here is "mr. nice guy", who took the king´s pride and joy.

mike stone on the left, together with james coburn, chuck norris and bruce lee.

recent fotos are not easy to find at the internet. he may better be careful, because of e´s death oath ...

p.s.: man, can´t you google yourself, elvis8atari??? :lol:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:16 pm

didn't he play on Streets of San Francisco? lol j/k
SNG :lol:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:30 pm

scottngeorgia wrote:didn't he play on Streets of San Francisco? lol j/k
SNG :lol:

let pictures speak:

unfortunately, sid was worse off, than elvis :smt005 :

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Christopher wrote:
dreambear wrote:I think Elvis mentions him on the CD "Desert storm". The date was september 2 1974.

Kind regards

Björn
"mike stone ain´t no stud ... he´s a ... very nice guy" (live on stage, september 2nd, las vegas, who could ever forget it?!).

recent fotos are not easy to find at the internet. he may better be careful, because of e´s death oath ...

Very nice to see the picture with Bruce and Chuck. And Priscilla sure looked nice :wink:

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

So is he pretty much the reason Elvis shot out the TV? Didn't he shoot out a few TV's? What were the dates of the TV shoot outs? And any theories as to why Elvis shot them out? Given the date/times they were shot

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:42 pm

elvis8atari wrote:So is he pretty much the reason Elvis shot out the TV? Didn't he shoot out a few TV's? What were the dates of the TV shoot outs? And any theories as to why Elvis shot them out? Given the date/times they were shot
can´t give you a date, but the story goes like this: after e´s and cilla´s breakup, elvis was watching tv one night, while the tv-series "the streets of san francisco" with detective lieutenant mike stone (played by karl malden) was on, reminding the king of his rival.

so he took his handgun ...

... and the rest is history
(i think, "elvis - what happened" is one of the sources for this incident).

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Christopher wrote:

Kind regards

Björn

I think stating that he "took the King's pride and joy" is being pretty generous to Elvis! "Took the King's ego" might be more accurate.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:06 pm

Jack and Coke wrote:I think stating that he "took the King's pride and joy" is being pretty generous to Elvis! "Took the King's ego" might be more accurate.
they don´t exclude each other, do they? can we reach a consensus on this by saying he took his pride and joy and his ego (away)?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Elvis can heard introducing Mike Stone to the audience during the August 10th 1971 Dinner show in Las Vegas...
This is available for all to hear via an audience recording on the I Sing My Own Kinds cd (SR)

Elvis says: "I keep up with the art of karate and this guy was a Grand International Champ for two years... which means he was the best in the world for two years. And he is Mike Stone. Mike?"
(audience applause, followed by an Elvis comment I can't quite work out, then he says)
"He will dissect you!"

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:Elvis says: "I keep up with the art of karate and this guy was a Grand International Champ for two years... which means he was the best in the world for two years. And he is Mike Stone. Mike?"
(audience applause, followed by an Elvis comment I can't quite work out, then he says)
"He will dissect you!"

He certainly helped to cut Elvis up.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Christopher wrote:
Jack and Coke wrote:I think stating that he "took the King's pride and joy" is being pretty generous to Elvis! "Took the King's ego" might be more accurate.
they don´t exclude each other, do they? can we reach a consensus on this by saying he took his pride and joy and his ego (away)?

Well, maybe his pride, but do we really believe she was his joy? If she had in any way felt like his pride and joy, she probably never would have left, right?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Mark Nicholson wrote:...Elvis says: "I keep up with the art of karate and this guy was a Grand International Champ for two years... which means he was the best in the world for two years. And he is Mike Stone. Mike?"
"He will dissect you!"

Oh, Elvis says "If he shags your wife, you can't do anything or he will dissect you !"

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 am

ColinB wrote:
Mark Nicholson wrote:...Elvis says: "I keep up with the art of karate and this guy was a Grand International Champ for two years... which means he was the best in the world for two years. And he is Mike Stone. Mike?"
"He will dissect you!"

Oh, Elvis says "If he shags your wife, you can't do anything or he will dissect you !"
don´t know, if it´s the desperados or if it was your joke, but you made me laugh, colin - how fitting! :lol: buenas noches for now!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 am

Christopher wrote:here is "mr. nice guy", who took the king´s pride and joy.

This is a totally erroneous and completely unfair statement.

Priscilla only began to date Mike Stone after she grew very tired of her husband's numerous affairs and never-ending concert commitments. She was alone, and Elvis was uninterested in doing the things necessary to keep the relationship alive.

When Elvis told her he was leaving the marriage about three months before their daughter was born -- though he never followed through -- that was probably the first crack in the union.

Do your homework before making such unkind comments about people you do not know.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 am

Doc and the Holy knowledge of everything Elvis I Guess we now have the Truth!
SNG ::rocks

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 am

scottngeorgia wrote:Doc and the Holy knowledge of everything Elvis I Guess we now have the Truth!
SNG ::rocks

The more you read, the more you'll learn.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Christopher wrote:here is "mr. nice guy", who took the king´s pride and joy.

This is a totally erroneous and completely unfair statement.

Priscilla only began to date Mike Stone after she grew very tired of her husband's numerous affairs and never-ending concert commitments. She was alone, and Elvis was uninterested in doing the things necessary to keep the relationship alive.

When Elvis told her he was leaving the marriage about three months before their daughter was born -- though he never followed through -- that was probably the first crack in the union.

Do your homework before making such unkind comments about people you do not know.

Doc, I though you of all people wouldn't come out with something like that. I'm not saying Elvis was a saint, but Mike Stone was supposed to be a friend of sorts to Elvis, it was through his association with Elvis he met Priscilla wasn't it? And Priscilla was seeing Mike Stone whilst still married to Elvis. At the end of the day she left him for Stone. There's no doubt her 'Karate' meetings with Stone soon developed into something else without any knowledge of Elvis' and I believe they would have been around the same time Elvis introduced Mike on stage in August 1971! I think I will also add that Priscilla admitted to an affair with a dance instructor in 1968.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:42 am

hollandgroupc2008 wrote:... I will also add that Priscilla admitted to an affair with a dance instructor in 1968.

Strange isn't it that the name Mike Stone lives on in infamy, but the name of the dance instructor is lost in the mists of time !

Guess it's just because she was merely unfaithful with him, but actually left her husband for Stone................

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:43 am

ColinB wrote:
hollandgroupc2008 wrote:... I will also add that Priscilla admitted to an affair with a dance instructor in 1968.

Strange isn't it that the name Mike Stone lives on in infamy, but the name of the dance instructor is lost in the mists of time !

Guess it's just because she was merely unfaithful with him, but actually left her husband for Stone................

Well all she ever said in her book "Elvis and Me" was that the dance instructors name was Mark.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:52 am

hollandgroupc2008 wrote:... they would have been around the same time Elvis introduced Mike on stage in August 1971! I think I will also add that Priscilla admitted to an affair with a dance instructor in 1968.

Why do some feel compelled to deny reality, more than thirty-five years later?

OK, let's run down just a few of the people Elvis is known to have fooled around with with between May 1967 (marriage) and January 1972 (wife moves out):

Susan Henning
Nancy Sinatra
Barbara Leigh
Joyce Bova
Kathy Westmoreland

Elvis was almost never a one-woman guy. Looking back to when he first met Priscilla in late 1959, he never let on that he had a steady girl in Memphis (Anita Wood), and he never told Anita anything concrete about Priscilla. For years.

The Palm Springs house became a "guys-only" getaway in the period when he was married, too. At least until his wife found letters of "thanks for the party," addressed to "Lizard-tongue," and the like. Priscilla was not stupid. She was being abandoned in her marriage. I am no fan of Ms. Beaulieu, but facts are facts.

If Presley had insisted on monogamy, there's almost no girlfriend who would have refused. But what HE wanted was the woman to be monogamous, not him. This is at the heart of the collapse of his marriage.

And that's the way it is.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:10 am

Even though Elvis cheated on Priscilla, it doesn't mean that Priscilla did the right thing. And certainly not Mike Stone. Priscilla should have confronted Elvis with it, and left him. If so, she could have done "the indoor activities" with whoever she wanted - without doing anything wrong. Priscilla also had an eye for a singer in the 60's (don't remember his name), and she might even have crossed the line back then. Still, the main reason for Elvis' failing marriage was his problem being faithful.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:OK, let's run down just a few of the people Elvis is known to have fooled around with with between May 1967 (marriage) and January 1972 (wife moves out):

Susan Henning
Nancy Sinatra
Barbara Leigh
Joyce Bova
Kathy Westmoreland

Elvis was almost never a one-woman guy.

How true. I am currently reading Alanna Nash's new book, Baby, Let's Play House - Elvis Presley and The Women Who Loved Him, and wow, the girls who trooped through Elvis's room is astounding. There are names popping up I had never heard of prior to reading her book.