Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Anthology

Thu May 01, 2003 7:35 pm

Does anyone know anything about the content of this documentary by EPE. I have heard rumors of this release but not much else.

Tony

Thu May 01, 2003 8:01 pm

Tony -

No details available yet.

But the EPE site says this will be the ultimate, multi-episode, all-embracing documentary of Elvis' life & music.

After the short-comings of 'This Is Elvis' [piss-poor reconstructions by actors mixed with real footage; edited songs etc.] we are expecting something pretty special !

Time will tell.

Colin B

Thu May 01, 2003 8:06 pm

I'm quite certain that EPE will give Elvis' career its due. From his first song in 1954 right up until the day they think he died, 1/15/73. :roll:

Tom

Thu May 01, 2003 8:13 pm

LOL!

Hey Tom, what about August 1, 1976 in Hampton Roads, VA?
I think he was still breathing for that show!

What Studio?

Thu May 01, 2003 8:59 pm

What studio is putting this out I wonder i.e... Turner, Fox,etc..
Does EPE have rights to footage owned by Turner? I would like to see a lot more of the hidden camera footage from EOT, like the in the car footage and some backstage footage. Also some outtake bloopers from his movies would be pretty cool.

Tony

Thu May 01, 2003 9:10 pm

elvis-fan,
Betcha can't find a picture from that show on their website. :lol:

Tom

Thu May 01, 2003 10:03 pm

Ah, nope! Man that was a bad one!
I think the worst I've ever heard him.
That's a good idea for a new post...

Fri May 02, 2003 4:27 am

Hello,

Speaking of the "Elvis Anthology", I have to wonder what EPE is waiting for. Shouldn't they be interviewing people who were significant to Elvis' career at one point or another. Granted there is footage from other programs where people have been interviewed but to do an "Elvis Anthology" justice, shouldn't EPE be doing new interviews looking for new insights. Isn't that the point of doing an "Anthology." It shouldn't just be to re-hash Elvis' career but rather to bring new insight to Elvis' career.

These people that EPE should be interviewing aren't going to live forever. Just look in recent years how many people who at one point or another have come into touch with Elvis' career and have already passed away. How many filmed interviews have you ever seen with Colonel Tom Parker? How will the "Elvis Anthology" explain the Million Dollar Quartet session? Through recollections of Jerry Lee Lewis and Sam Phillips. :( Heaven forbid. They could get Johnny Cash but he wasn't there for the whole thing and even if he was I doubt he could recall the events looking at his current physical condition. They might be lucky to get Jack Clement but who else is there. Carl Perkins is dead and Sam b.s.'s too much and Jerry Lee is an arrogant S.O.B.

Daryl

Fri May 02, 2003 5:39 am

How do you know they haven't interviewed anyone? Anyways, it is still over a year before it airs. And they can do it without interviewing a lot of people. There are certain people that won't be involved anyways because they do not get along with EPE. So they will be limited in who they can talk to. They will be limited in what footage they can use as well because there is a lot they do not own.

Fri May 02, 2003 5:43 am

They should put a fair bit of money into this project and licence whatever footage they need. If they only do it half heartedly it would be a shame.

:twisted:

Fri May 02, 2003 6:58 am

They should model this anthology after The Beatles Anthology. Now that was a class program. I could watch it from beginning to end right now and I just watched it last week. How can there be so many great clips of The Beatles and NOT of Elvis? Very strange.

jeff R

re:anthology

Fri May 02, 2003 7:05 am

Can you begin to imagine the footage that has to be out there just involving outtakes or bloopers from movies.
God I hope they do this right, they are going to have to eventually give us the footage because the people in the know have got to realize there will not be that many more years to have a market for this stuff.
Some say they dole the footage out slowley but if you think about it they really don't. What have we got but Lost Performances and TTWII SE. I am hoping this will be the release that gives us some mind blowing footage.
Keeping my fingers crossed :?

Tony