Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Kid Galahad

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:37 am

Charro: Elvis attempts Clint Eastwood. Great title song. Lousy film. Wild In the Country? Tuesday Weld is hot. Elvis is lost. Kid Galahad?
Elvis doesn't make a convincing boxer, but it's pleasant entertainment with good songs and strong supporting cast.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:44 am

stevelecher wrote:For me, Wild In The Country is also very overrated by many. A very poor movie and EP is laughable in it.

Thank you, Steve!! I was beginning to believe that I was the only Elvis fan that thought Wild In The Country sucks!

The song "Wild In The Country" was also a weak choice for a single release.
Last edited by Blue River on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:44 am

I think Elvis is pretty good as a boxer. His trainer for this film said so too. He wasn't that convincing as a doctor though.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:53 am

Blue River wrote:
stevelecher wrote:For me, Wild In The Country is also very overrated by many. A very poor movie and EP is laughable in it.

Thank you, Steve!! I was beginning to believe that I was the only Elvis fan that thought Wild In The Country sucks!

The song "Wild In The Country" was also a weak choice for a single release.

Thank you. It looks like JerryNodak agrees with us too. I like the song, Wild In The Country, much more than the movie. To be fair, it was the B side of the single.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 pm

Kig Galahad is decent, better than Wild in the Country (to me Elvis goes nowhere here with his character)but below Flaming Star. Musically, I like from Kid Galahad "King of the Whole Wide World".

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:15 pm

love kid galahad such a fun movie.love flaming star elvis is fantastic in it and it has a great story.enjoy wild in the country again elvis is great an ok storyline, a movie i still visit from time to time !!!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:36 pm

I liked both Kid Kalahad and Follow That Dream. Too bad the Mirish company cancelled the option to make two more movies.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:51 pm

I saw all the movies in the cinema when they came out. I liked Kid Galahad and Follow That Dream a lot more than most Elvis movies after the 50's. Recently I tried to watch both on DVD and couldnt get through them. I thought Kid Galahad had the better cast but it was done in a corny style and the boxing just wasnt very real. When you compare it to other boxing films, it is really bad. Follow Tha Dream was better, but it moved too slowly and it got boring after a while. I guess the times were just that different back then and Elvis mattered more to me. Lets face it, we watched these films because Elvis was in them. We wouldnt give them a second look otherwise. I can see why other people put them down who arent big Elvis fans. They are bad movies.