Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Changes I would like to see happen with EPE and Sirius

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:17 pm

I've been in class all morning but saw online that hundreds stood outside in single digit temperatures for the ceremonies. I know that changes are coming but a little too late. Back in 2007 an elderly woman collapsed and died at Graceland of a heat stroke because she was in a un-air conditioned tent. Forward fast to this morning. Instead of already having a facility on their properties to house events INSIDE in case of bad weather as was the case today they had to have it outside. That's a sign of a very amatuer-like ran business when they're not prepared. If I were there I would have made a public scene right there in front of the cameras by making it known how cheap and unappreciative EPE really is of Elvis and his devoted fans. Total disrespect on their part.

Now, having gotten out my venting, these are some of the needed changes I hope that the estate takes notice of very soon.

GRACELAND:
* New events facility for ceremonies and presentations to be held indoors and out of bad weather.
* New upscale museum that doesn't cover just a few aspects of his life or career but all.
* Nightlife, live entertainment and other things to do following Graceland.

SIRIUS 13:
* New creative programming (a complete overhaul).
* Less of repeating the same songs multiple times a day. Very annoying.
* Have more segments of personal stories told by those who knew him best.
* Have a 2-HR "Elvis Live" show that highlights him on stage and not just 1 show.
* Have a 2-HR "Alternate Elvis" show that highlights the outtakes from the studio.
* Have an all-70's hour where they play studio tracks from the 70's.
* Have a 50's Rockabilly show with just his uptempo rock songs from the 50's.
* Include an "Elvis In The News" segment on each Friday that highlights Elvis-related news in the media for each week.
* Maybe add a show that highlights the hits and Top 40 only.
* Have a segment of nothing but modern day remixes for the younger fans like myself who are into them. They play them anyway, but a whole hour of remixes would be welcomed.

Re: Changes I would like to see happen with EPE and Sirius

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 pm

If I were there I would have made a public scene right there in front of the cameras by making it known how cheap and unappreciative EPE really is of Elvis and his devoted fans. Total disrespect on their part.

Now that would be a sight to see!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:23 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:
If I were there I would have made a public scene right there in front of the cameras by making it known how cheap and unappreciative EPE really is of Elvis and his devoted fans. Total disrespect on their part.

Now that would be a sight to see!

hahahaha You are pessimist ! Man this guy (elvisallc) is a high class act.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:25 pm

Btw, reports from other Elvis sites is that fans were very disappointed in the way it was all handled today. I can see why too.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:29 pm

I would like Direct tv to get the Elvis sirius channel on their sirius channel lineup,they have the willie neslon one so why not the elvis one..

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:30 pm

I would like a little less conversation...

Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:15 am

elvisallc wrote:I've been in class all morning

Hopefully it's Humility & Respect 101, but somehow I seriously doubt it.

T

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:15 am

joshferrell wrote:I would like Direct tv to get the Elvis sirius channel on their sirius channel lineup,they have the willie neslon one so why not the elvis one..

I second that!!