Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Lisa on Leno May 1

Thu May 01, 2003 5:00 pm

Lisa Marie Presley is scheduled to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight, May 1.

Thu May 01, 2003 9:38 pm

...and Jay is an ELVIS fan, so she will be asked questions about Elvis, guranteed. (for those who might think this was off-topic, which it isn't)

Fri May 02, 2003 2:46 am

Leno's a pretty big Elvis fan, so it might be interesting to see how he "handles" interviewing her. I don't expect any revelations, however.

Fri May 02, 2003 4:22 am

What's odd is that most consider Leno to be the bigger fan, yet it's been Letterman who's said more good things about Elvis in the past year...

I wouldn't say anything, but Leno made a joke on the anneversary of Elvis and Priscilla's divorce about Elvis setting two places for dinner after she left him and eating them both.

Can't say I watch Leno so much anymore, but I'll give him a second chance... :wink:

Fri May 02, 2003 5:12 am

Lisa will HATE this interview...I know she will. Leno will ask all the wrong questions and Lisa will be 100% in charge of that interview. Unlike Letterman where she sort of danced around him, but with Leno she'll just put her foot down and Leno will back off almost immediately. A lot of good questions will go unanswered.

We'll see....

Fri May 02, 2003 7:01 am

Well, it's on now, and I'm rooting for Elvis' girl to come out and somehow emerge unscathed and help bolster Elvis' image even a little. If she gives off half the (Elvis) glow as she did at the Ed Sullivan Theater (Letterman's show) then this will be a success.

Fri May 02, 2003 7:31 am

The interview went really well.... I'm amazed... Cool!! :D

Fri May 02, 2003 7:44 am

I'd say so, too, Mike.

Funny to see Priscilla's parents (her grandparents) in the audience.

Jay's line of questioning about Lisa's relatively-trim figure, eating habits ("Do you like Mexican food?"), had me squirming for LMP.

It was getting real close to an Elvis joke and he finally veered away and got back on track a bit. So far, Letterman (very admirable and respectul of Elvis, but classy) handled the Elvis-related questioning much better, with Jay becoming too much of the fan by talking about "Loving You" and asking her about her favorite Elvis movie ("Love Me Tender" and then clarified to "Jailhouse Rock.") I was waiting for him to ask her favorite brand of chewing gum.

The bringing on of the cute, seven-year ittle girl with the questions was surely a gimmick to relax LMP for the song she has to do. Or at least it couldn't hurt.

And who are these loser Elvis fans bothering Lisa about her use of foul langage on the album? The fanbase is more fuddy-duddy than I care to admit sometimes. Maybe that's why the gospel sets are such movers.

Fri May 02, 2003 4:05 pm

I think we should mail some of those folks CDR's of Cut Me And I Bleed...

Fri May 02, 2003 5:15 pm

Lisa Marie has a secret "gay" life style!?!?!? LOL :shock:
JEFF d
EPFAN

Fri May 02, 2003 7:13 pm

:roll: living in the u.s i watch leno all the time. he has although being an elvis fan joked alot about him in the past. however i thought lisa handled herself quite well. she is becoming more at ease i think with her career. i thought the letterman interview was better because letterman paid more respect to elvis' musical importance, although it was a good question that jay asked about the movies. you know watching her is very eerie she does have all the mannerisims of elvis. and his style of answering questions is very much the same. just watch the 1960 post army press confrence from graceland and you will see what i mean. have a good weekend and ..oh yeah mr .simpkins please report to graceland your reservations are waiting.