Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis needs a new calling

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Since Elvis IS still the king of Rock (he started the whole frenzy) and he IS the biggest selling artist of all time (even ahead of The Beatles and MJ) and he was the first contemporary artist to top the Pop, Country and R&B charts at the same time, multiple times at that, and he won three GRAMMYS for Gospel music, and he's the most influencial artist of all time, why not call Elvis simply THE KING OF MUSIC!? :D

Re: Elvis needs a new calling

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:20 pm

elvisallc wrote:Since Elvis IS still the king of Rock (he started the whole frenzy) and he IS the biggest selling artist of all time (even ahead of The Beatles and MJ) and he was the first contemporary artist to top the Pop, Country and R&B charts at the same time, multiple times at that, and he won three GRAMMYS for Gospel music, and he's the most influencial artist of all time, why not call Elvis simply THE KING OF MUSIC!? :D

:smt005

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Such worthless topics and posts. Ugh.
Why not call Elvis King Of All Heavens And Earth?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 pm

For fooks sake!!!

Whatever next? :smt003

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm

To call him "THE KING OF MUSIC"would be like forcing our opinion on others

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Maybe this forum should be renamed the Anti-Elvis Collectors forum. :roll:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:20 pm

elvisallc wrote:Maybe this forum should be renamed the Anti-Elvis Collectors forum. :roll:

Maybe not, eh?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:21 pm

elvisallc wrote:Maybe this forum should be renamed the Anti-Elvis Collectors forum. :roll:

Your posts have nothing to do with collecting.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:24 pm

Maybe this thread should be renamed: An Utterley Pointless Waste Of Time?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Francesc wrote:

Neither does 90% of all the posts on this forum. :roll:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:28 pm

elvisallc wrote:
Francesc wrote:

Neither does 90% of all the posts on this forum. :roll:

The difference is that I don't want to change the name of the forum when someone disagrees with my posts. I'm sure that there are other forums that will agree with all your "things"

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 pm

I think it will be seen as arrogant if Elvis were called the king of music because it's a subjective opinion that a lot of people wouldn't agree with.
King of music means all music and i'd like to point out that Elvis didn't really record Big Band, Jazz or Folk and while he was a great blues singer his output in the genre is very limited.
I'm just happy with the fact that Elvis is generally accepted as the King of Rock and Roll

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:56 pm

OK, then just dub him as "The King". Well, actually they already do that. :lol:

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 am

elvisallc wrote:OK, then just dub him as "The King". Well, actually they already do that. :lol:

that's my point just be happy he's dubbed that

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:37 am

As I was scrolling lower and lower how in the world did I know you (or someone else) was going to make this exact comment?

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:30 am

elvisallc wrote:Since Elvis IS still the king of Rock (he started the whole frenzy) and he IS the biggest selling artist of all time (even ahead of The Beatles and MJ) and he was the first contemporary artist to top the Pop, Country and R&B charts at the same time, multiple times at that, and he won three GRAMMYS for Gospel music, and he's the most influencial artist of all time, why not call Elvis simply THE KING OF MUSIC!? :D

Do you have any evidence that Elvis has sold more recordings than the Beatles?

It seems that a great amount of Elvis fans have this real insecurity about his achievements.
Elvis is NOT the "King Of Music" quite simply because the musical landscape is so incredibly vast it's just not something that can be measured.

If you walked down the street with a huge sign declaring "ELVIS IS THE KING OF MUSIC", some people would agree, others would not. In the end what have you acheived?

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:35 am

Why not get that Pope dude in the Vatican to make him a Saint?

The Saint Of Music

Let's get really carried away

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:01 pm

I know.

Why don't we just call him Elvis???

Forget all that "king" bollocks. I never liked it anyway. To me, it's just Elvis.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:05 pm

Hail! Hail! Elvis Presley!

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:03 am

Val wrote:...If you walked down the street with a huge sign declaring "ELVIS IS THE KING OF MUSIC", some people would agree, others would not.
In the end what have you acheived?

Well, if the street was long enough, you'd have toned your muscles up a tad, and even shed a bit of weight.

If the sign was too huge, though, you might have put your back out................

Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:44 am

Val wrote:

Do you have any evidence that Elvis has sold more recordings than the Beatles?

It seems that a great amount of Elvis fans have this real insecurity about his achievements.
Elvis is NOT the "King Of Music" quite simply because the musical landscape is so incredibly vast it's just not something that can be measured.

If you walked down the street with a huge sign declaring "ELVIS IS THE KING OF MUSIC", some people would agree, others would not. In the end what have you acheived?

There is evidence on both sides(Elvis vs. Beatles)
My conclusion,after 15 years of(admittedly amatuer)research,is that Elvis is indeed the top seller in history.
When you examine sales of the big three(US,Canada and UK) which make up more than 50% of sales worldwide,and do the research for Asia,South America,Elvis,by a nose,comes out on top.
That doesnt make him the King of music,however.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:06 am

Mozart, Beethoven, and Adam Lambert might take issue with that title being bestowed on Elvis

Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:19 am

TkoTzer wrote:Mozart, Beethoven, and Adam Lambert might take issue with that title being bestowed on Elvis

LOL!
Imagine if Mozarts career started in 1991-his Soundscan figures would dwarf all the others!

Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Forget all that "king" bollocks. I never liked it anyway. To me, it's just Elvis.

My sentiments exactly.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:09 pm

The fool wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Forget all that "king" bollocks. I never liked it anyway. To me, it's just Elvis.

My sentiments exactly.

And mine.

Why does he need a dumb sobriquet like "The King", anyway? The name "Elvis" isn't distinctive and cool enough? Ah, well. It is, indeed, a cool moment when he receives that crown at the end of "Aloha", and even cooler the way he graciously but rather cautiously takes it. If this honorific title had to be dreamed up, I'm glad it was dreamed up in EP's lifetime. And i guess it kinda fits: Presley's "king" to Parker's "colonel", but still . . .