Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Need a little help with Elvis soundboard CD compilation

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:58 am

Wow, these sure are some rockin' sets you got there, a great idea and in fact more cohesive than trying to bridge together 1969 with let's say 1974. Simulating a complete concert experience anno 1969 or 1970 does represent "live" Elvis at his very best.

Now, I have one more question. Do you happen to have the track dates nearby for your sets? Did you use all available 1969 and 1970 shows released officially up to now?
Did you compare versions and found some particularly difficult to choose above others? (more than 1 question, I know.. :oops: )

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:46 am

I dont have the lists i worked from but i could probably work them out.

I know some of it.

What I did basically, was, one day I was ironing for something like 5 hours, and then doing a full house clean. I played EVERY 69 multi track CD while I was doing it. Every time a flawless version of a song came on i.e. no mistakes, void of any chatter or jokes in the track, I just scribbled it down on a note pad on my ironing board lol

The next day, I had all these great versions written down, now all I needed to do was compile them and that's how it was born!

The TTWII one was easier because I know all the versions from the 6 shows without checking, so i knew which ones to use, and also which dialogue to use i.e. I used the spoken intro to There Goes My Everything from the 12th MS but the actual song from the previous evening.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 am

Wow, amazing, that's a great idea to be doing something like house work and in the meantime judging the different versions. Otherwise I couldn't bring myself to listen to them all in a row. If you ever happen to stumble upon your list, I would be interested to see it. :)

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:54 pm

Old but still a good topic.
For years I have planned on listening to all soundboard shows and write down what versions I like the best of certain songs......but its to much work and I need a lots of spare time :D
But the idea of making a personal favorite compilation cd has been around for almost a decade :?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Personally I'd hand over the concert disc from the 3 disc TTWII special edition CD set and say "here you go". It's a mix of well-performed oldies, a couple of newer songs and some cracking covers.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:42 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Personally I'd hand over the concert disc from the 3 disc TTWII special edition CD set and say "here you go". It's a mix of well-performed oldies, a couple of newer songs and some cracking covers.

Yep....that show is probably my favorite ever.....also love the Dennis Ferrante mix as well.
But there are many great songs done live in the 70s that is only available as soundboard recording.
19/8-74 is definately my favorite soundboard show....... :smt007 the DAE edition sound.