Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu May 01, 2003 2:46 pm

Carolyn -

Yes - that 'old man' version of 'I Got A Woman' is hilarious isn't it ?

Pity it's so short !

I think 'The Way It Was' is a somewhat overlooked FTD release.

Colin B

Thu May 01, 2003 2:59 pm

I think it is overlooked cose you must bay the book also to get the cd, if the cd was sold like the rest of the ftd cd`s it would have been a winner.

But i got the book and cd and think it was worth every penny.

Thu May 01, 2003 3:11 pm

carolyn you've got me puting it on again to give it another listen to. :twisted:

:mrgreen:

Thu May 01, 2003 3:29 pm

Kennyelvis, I agree with you. Although I'd prefer "Brightest Star On Sunset Blvd.", "Get Down And Get With It" and "Electrifying" over the content of this FTD, I'd still would like to buy it.... But I don't want the book with it.

re:The Way It Was

Thu May 01, 2003 3:40 pm

How much is this FTD going for now :?:

Tony

Thu May 01, 2003 3:45 pm

But Albert, the sound are much better on the ftd cd, but i still remember when i first played "Brightest Star On Sunset Blvd" i could not belive that such a greate recording could be unreleased. It was, and still is, a knock out to me.

Thu May 01, 2003 5:04 pm

Tony,
EPE has it for $65.00.

Tom

Thanks Tom

Thu May 01, 2003 6:31 pm

Thanks Tom!

Tony

Thu May 01, 2003 8:20 pm

To bad those Brightest Star CD's aren't released in their complete form by RCA/BMG. Why just give us small parts every time.
Anyway, the recording of I Got A Woman on Brightest Star is great.
But so are the funny versions of Don't Cry Daddy, You've Lost That Loving Feelin', Heart Of Rome and the funny farm version of Memories.
(Got that funny farm version bit from a girlfriend of mine)
And the short, fast versions of Sweet Caroline and Love Me Tender.
Great stuff!

Sonny

Thu May 01, 2003 8:37 pm

i put this in my top 3 ftd's. ghost riders in the sky is the gem here.

Thu May 01, 2003 9:35 pm

ColinB wrote:Carolyn -

I think 'The Way It Was' is a somewhat overlooked FTD release.

Colin B

Overpriced is more the word for it ....

Peter

Fri May 02, 2003 5:30 am

I was surprised by the very small amount of color shots... :(

The CD is indeed great. I love the "Gospel" version of "Just Pretend" during the second verse--it's hilarious.

Fri May 02, 2003 6:39 am

never gottin mine yet, hows the book it self
is it good.

curtis simpkins

Fri May 02, 2003 6:45 am

thanks carolyn

i still might get this.

curtis simpkins

Fri May 02, 2003 4:01 pm

Sonny wrote:To bad those Brightest Star CD's aren't released in their complete form by RCA/BMG. Why just give us small parts every time.

We may still see an official release of this rehearsal via FTD one day. The songs BMG have released so far were used on the commercially released “TTWII SE” set, and FTD’s “The Way It Was” and both releases were intended to be representative of the entire “TTWII” project.

Fri May 02, 2003 6:11 pm

The live recordings of "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" and "The Wonder of You" (from "The Way It Was" CD) are the same versions that were used in "TTWII-SE".
For me, it helps make the CD and book worth buying.

I thought that the live version of "The Wonder of You" should have been released on the "TTWII" CD set - instead of the rehearsal version.

Just my opinion here.

Tom (from Ohio)