Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
scottngeorgia
Registered for: 21 years

Follow That Dream- The Movie Question?

Post by scottngeorgia »

Was the entire movie filmed in Florida? If so is this the only Elvis Film to be shot entirely on location? Thanks in advance
SNG ::rocks

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Re: Follow That Dream- The Movie Question?

Post by thefunkyangel »

The answer to your question is 'yes'. You'll find Stay Away, Joe, too was shot entirely on location! However, if I am wrong then someone please correct me.

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

THEMEMPHISFAN wrote:scottngeorgia, The right answer to your question is "no". Filming commenced on July 11, 1961 in Crystal River, Florida. Elvis arrived two weeks later and stayed at the Port Paradise Hotel, situated on a lagoon out in Crystal Bay. Locations for filming included Tampa, Ocala, Yankeetown, Inverness, and Bird Creek. Filming was completed in Culver City, California on August 28, 1961 (probably for indoor scenes).
THEMEMPHISFAN, do me a favour and provide a link of where you copy and pasted your reply, for I want to see if - (probably for indoor scenes) - was included within the text! The interiors were filmed inside the courthouse at Inverness. http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM3GE2_Citrus_County_Courthouse_Follow_that_Dream

The Old Citrus County Courthouse (constructed in 1912) is a historic site in Inverness, Florida, located at 1 Courthouse Square. You may recognise this interior - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2758591&id=134654187427

ronnyg
Registered for: 21 years

Post by ronnyg »

if I'm not mistaken, King Creole was shot in New Orleans and It Happened At the World's Fair was shot in Seattle at the actual world's fair in 1962. Also, the Hawaiian films were shot on location (Blue Hawaii, Girls Girls Girls and Paradise Hawaiian Style). I can't think of others besides these and the aforementioned Stay Away Joe & Follow That Dream that were shot on location.

Does anyone know where Charro was filmed?