"Elvis For Everyone" worth a FTD version?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

rockinrebel

Re: "Elvis For Everyone" worth a FTD version?

Post by rockinrebel »

“Elvis For Everyone” is an original album which is unlikely to be given another mainstream re-issue, and therefore I think it is likely that there will be an FTD version of this title at some point.

If you take a look through the various session books and thumb through the additional tracks that could have been included on “Elvis For Everyone” back in 1965, it’s possible to come up with some varied and entertaining alternate track lists that would make for a fun release.

There are also the three different cover designs that would look great on the 7” format, and I would love to hear some background information on why certain tracks were chosen over others, and how the concept evolved.

Here’s an idea I’ve been playing around with recently for an alternate version of the album.

The first twelve tracks are taken from the (fake?) acetate which was circulating recently, and the additional songs show what could be added as extras.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

THEMEMPHISFAN wrote:ekenee, The soundtrack of the movie FLAMING STAR was never an EP.

You must be referring to the 1961 EP titled -
ELVIS BY REQUEST: FLAMING STAR
Flaming Star
Summer Kisses, Winter Tears
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
It's Now Or Never
Yeah, I remember now. That's the one I was referring to though in my analogy.

bajo

Post by bajo »

Rockinrebel! Those were my thoughts also! As for Booker T's suggestion, why not give it a Camden label release of the original CD which have both US and UK covers on the booklet! Use the original back cover of the LP and maybe add the UK version of Wild In The Country?

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"

Andy-M

Post by Andy-M »

Fantastic Rockin Rebel

I would also like to get the Elvis For Everyone FTD CD in the very nice 7" Format. :D
YEAH 8)

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

This was the first time during Elvis’ career that a full album was fashioned from material that was left in the vaults, and I would agree that the results could have been better.

Looking back now we can see why certain tracks were omitted. The decision to hold “Crying in the Chapel” for single release was the correct one, and the record gave Elvis’ profile a much needed boost at the height of Beatlemania.

“Santa Lucia” was chosen from the “Viva Las Vegas” recordings when they were better tracks from this soundtrack left in the vaults. However, the Ann Margaret duets were never going to be used back in 1965, and if they were going to be issued at all they should really have been included on the “Viva Las Vegas” soundtrack release during the previous year.

I think that “Tell Me Why” wasn’t really single material and would have been better placed on the album. It’s strange that “Plantation Rock” was overlooked when there were weaker songs that made the cut, but one wonders how many tracks may have been ‘lost’ or forgotten about when the album was being compiled.

For example we didn’t get to hear “Danny” until 1978, so it doesn’t seem likely that anyone was aware of its existence back in 1965.

bajo

Post by bajo »

Sad to say, but I don't think many at RCA did bother too much at all about anything else than what was finally released on record. Thankfully we got Ernst in the end, even thought Joan Deary at least tried and came off with at least a few good attempts!
As we all know now, Elvis For Everyone could have been even better! So for those who would like to see it re-released there's a chance to do the same with it as with SRO in some way!

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"